Page 4 of 502 
Username Post: PDF Part Deux        (Topic#1586731)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 07:20 AM
In response to chocolateaxel

Uh oh... I hope she didn't get thrown in jail. I thought we provided a full alibi for the entire day yesterday...

Alright... I'm fully prepared to start auctioning off my Steampunk Debutante to raise bail money. Who's with me?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 07:22 AM
In response to Vae

OH thank goodness you're alive and not in jail. Whew! Breathing a little sigh of relief. I really would have done it, but I'm glad I get to keep my Steampunk Debutante

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to gin1902

Gin, I'm not offended at all if y'all wanna talk art journals ... we were all invited to participate and I chose not to, so why should I have any gripes?!? That's just how I feel about it.

I'm being quite out-spoken today. Guess 'cause I'm kinda bored. And thinking about food.

I've been going through my 2012 layouts on my FB page and trying to pick favorite to submit for a post next week with my new gig. I have it narrowed down to less than 10, LOL.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to tanyaham

• tanyaham Said:
I see others are already wondering what the PDAJ thing is ... probably should've kept that to a PM thread ... just my opinion ... I've just heard about so many people doing swaps or whatever and flaking out, not doing what they're supposed to, all that ... and with your little group, it was sort of exclusive to trusted people. Again, just my opinion ... :/

We started a pm and I asked if we should just do it there but It was my understanding that since K doesn't read his pm's much, he wanted a thread so I made one. I have no problem telling someone it is invite only. And if K says he is OK with it staying in the PM Jarvae started, I can delete it. I also put it in "general" and not under swaps so he could find it easily- I can always move it later. I did consider all options last night before posting, I really did

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to terrihooper

Ahhh, so it's KK being high maintenance, then?!? LOL!!! Just kidding, KK! You know I love ya!!!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Uh oh... I hope she didn't get thrown in jail. I thought we provided a full alibi for the entire day yesterday...

Alright... I'm fully prepared to start auctioning off my Steampunk Debutante to raise bail money. Who's with me?

You did, and I appreciate it! Though I bet if you wanted to make some extra dough, you could get high dollar for those papers! And it's such a lovely gesture. So much more pleasant than Darla wanting to kill me.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to tanyaham

Gin-
Kory wanted a separate thread for the PDAJ so he didn't have to wade through all of our jibber jabber to find info about the journals. He is very busy and working lots of hours right now according to Darla. SO I started a PDAJ thread for him.
Darla- I didn't put it in swaps because I didn't know if he would look there--
I can move it if you want to tell him where it is.

Also- When I was working, you know I am retired now, I always felt that short weeks were the LONGEST! It just goes that way for some reason!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Tanya-
I can't think of anything off the top of my head as a name, either. I will let you know if I do.
That is awful of MiMi-- the other grand kids get to leave footprints, why not the furry one?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Now Now--
we will have no one killing anyone today!

Reminds me of Bill Cosby in his routine yelling at the kids--
"NO one in this house will touch anyone in this house EVER AGAIN!"
It was part of the routine about how kids make you say stupid stuff!
Love Him!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Good morning, hootie!! Onliest reason wus cuz you been so sickly and I didn't figger you done got around to fixin your will yet to leave all your glitter bombs to me, I wuz afeared you done left this earth and I needs me those glitter bombs!
So glad to see you in the land of the living though! Truly I am!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 07:46 AM

Terri, you are so right. Short weeks DO feel longer. The week after a holiday always feels like an eternity. Of course, in this case, I think this week was just long. I didn't have Monday off and it still felt like forever. I blame daylight savings. Still.

I've always taken it personally when places charge an extra pet deposit (non refundable of course, no matter how house trained your pet is) but not an extra child deposit. Most of the children I've been around have been much messier than any pets I've ever had. This is a sore spot for me so I will just cut myself short right here. Don't want to babble on too much about it and bore everyone to tears. LOL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gin1902

For Tanya and Darla (and anyone else who wants it...)

First - in my opinion it needs a bit more Tobasco sauce. This is not quite enough for my taste but it is how the recipe is written. I add a few extra drops.

It is lovely on a nice round platter with crackers arranged around it and a implement like you would spread cheese on a cracker.

I boil or steam cocktail shrimp or medium shrimp and heap them on top. That way people understand know it is not a dessert cheesecake. Its also lets people who are allergice to seafood know this isn't something they want to try.

Okay - one of my favorite recipes:

Creamy Crab Cheesecake
I always get requests for this one – even made it for my wedding appetizer hors d’ houvres table. It makes an impressive presentation.

1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
3 T butter or margarine, melted
2 packages (8 oz ea) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sour cream, divided
3 eggs
2 tsp grated onion
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp seafood seasoning
2 drops hot pepper sauce (in my opinion it needs more)
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
Additional seafood seasoning, optional
Small or medium cooked shrimp for garnish on top - optional

In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees.

In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sour cream until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Add onion, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, hot pepper sauce and pepper; beat just until blended. Fold in crab; pour over crust.

Bake for 35-40 minutes in 325 degree oven until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.

You can run a knife around the edge of the pan after 10 minutes to loosen it but I don't find that necessary. I let it cool to room temperature.

Spread remaining sour cream over top. Refrigerate overnight.

Approx 30 minutes before serving remove sides of pan and let stand at room temperature.

Before serving I spread small shrimp over the top very thick so you don’t even see the top of the cheesecake. Makes it prettier.

I like to place it in the center of a very large cake-type platter with crackers all around it and knives for spreading. The shrimp lets people know it is a seafood appetizer cheesecake and not a dessert cheesecake. Plus, the shrimp are excellent with it.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Vae

Okie Judy-
I got the cutest card from you today! That is so sweet and you are very welcome for the stamps and book!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

yummy Henri!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

That's from my old entertaining days!

If you started a thread for the art jounal Terri, even though I'm not participating, can I still peek in and enjoy the humor becuase I knew very well it won't be all art journal talk. There will be more fun talk than art journal talk.

Also - you can put closed on the title of the thread after the name.

I really want to see the pages of everyone's books as they are posted. I want to be a innocent bystander even though I can't participate.

And I won't be a problem child. I'm leave tomorrow for 42 days so I won't be bugging anyone.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Henri Jean

I don't really care who uses the PDAJ thread! I think the idea was to make it easier for Kory. I don't really want to keep up with two threads so I hope things don't erupt over there! LOL!
Feel free to stay up with it! I hope everyone will!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to Henri Jean

Henri, this just changed up my grocery list for today! Thanks for sharing!

Silly Darla-I made special arrangements with my lawyer to get a whole batch of gb's to you immediately whether I was in jail or just dead.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

I so totally agree with you, Jarvae, I have never understood why places let people with messy untamed children get away with trashing a place, but throw a shoe when there's 2 strands of dog hair left behind! Oh, I could rant about the inequities for days, but we all know I'm not a kid person and I am a pet person, so 'nuff said!
The cheesecake recipe sounds good except for the shrimp. I was trying to be nice when I said I didn't care for shrimp, in reality I can't stand shrimp, in any shape, fashion, form or recipe. But the rest of it sounds good.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

YAY! Thanks, Gin, you know how much I love me some glitter bombs! And by the way, I got another awesome postcard from you yesterday, LOVED the picture on it, looks like a gorgeous area. At least I assume it was from you, it wasn't signed but I didn't figure anyone else would be sending me anything from Utah, LOL!
And while I'm thinking of it, not sure if everyone got my address, but I'd love post cards from anywhere, if you don't have my address, let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 08:08 AM
In response to chocolateaxel

sniff sniff...

no glitter bombs for me....

sniff sniff sniff...

Page 4 of 502 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics