Username Post: Camera in Water        (Topic#1586735)
scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica

Hi. I have a Sony CyberShot Camera. Well, on Easter amid the chaos, someone knocked it into the dog's water bowl, and I have no idea how long it was there before I saw the horror of it swimming. I took the SD card and batt out and let it all dry out. Well magically, the camera came on and even allowed me to take a couple of pictures. A day later, it just turns on into the time settings and won't exit it. It freezes and doesn't even shut the screen off with the power button. I figure I'm SOL, but before I toss, I thought I'd ask for any suggestions/solutions.

Veteran
In response to scrapchica

Put it in a bag of rice perhaps, get rid of any remaining dampness. this worked really well for our tv remote last year. We left it in there for a couple of days just to be thorough before trying to use it again.

If that doesnt work it might be time to upgrade. Its probably cheaper to buy a new one than to hire someone to work on it.

Veteran
In response to GeraldFagan

How did things work out?

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to GeraldFagan

It's dead. But I did try the rice thing, so thanks for the idea! It's still doing the freeze thing when trying to save time and date. Always nice to get an updated camera, but at barely over a year old, was hoping to have it a little longer!

New Kid On the Block
In response to scrapchica

I also faced the same during my wedding which too place in banquet hall nj where one of my friend has drop water on it and it just stoped working but thank god the photos which were taken were not spoil.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics