Username Post: Canon Selphy CP900        (Topic#1586771)
justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone on here has seen or own the Canon Selphy CP900 Wireless Color Photo Printer? I been seeing them on youtube and like it so far. I even look it up on amazon(dot)com. They are selling it for $81.84 almost bought one since I heard a lot of good reviews of the printer. I always wanted to find a nice printer that can print out 4x6 or smaller pictures. If I get it I'll still use my Kodak all in one printer for bit bigger pictures. I was just wondering what you all think of it if you own one.

Justie

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to justartguy007

I've been hearing about this thang EVERYWHERE lately, it seems!

I have a little HP photo printer- it was ordered/used by a woman I work with for something, and I guess that was the only time she needed it, and I've ended up with it- I love how little it is, really portable, and I get a kick (for some reason) out of how it prints just photos.

BUT, my big wireless printer also accepts 4x6 photo paper, and works great- so I don't know (with the cost of the special Canon ink/paper cartridges) if it would really be worth it- plus, I hear that the Canon has an issue that every time it turns out, it loads ink- so if you don't print, you've wasted it...

So you might think about getting a wireless printer like I have, that accepts 4x6 photo paper.

-k

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to designguyKORY

Hey Kory! long time no talk! lol. I got to get on aim and talk with you more. I always enjoy our chats on there. Anyways yeah thanks for your thoughts on the Canon Selphy 900. I heard that too. I also heard that the ink will only print up to how many paper are in a pack.
I guess everytime you buy paper it comes with ink for the paper in pack. Which is nice so now you don't have to wonder how many more can you print. When you printed all your paper you know the ink all gone. I'll have to check out the HP little printer you talked about, lol.
My kodak all in one printer workers great for 4x6 photos too. I don't know why most people are saying bad about Kodak all in one prints. It printers good photos for me. Sometimes it acts up but don't all printers and machines do once in while? I say there always going to be pros and cons with every machine you own. It not always going to be perfect everytime. Anyways thanks for your opinion Kory!

Justie

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to justartguy007

I have an old Canon photo printer that I bought for traveling, but I haven't used it in several years. However, the prints were amazing...looked just like "real" prints. I looked the Selphy 900 up real quick and it looks like it uses the same process mine does.

Instead of ink, it has a film cartridge, so it "lays down" the color, then adds a top clear protective layer that makes it waterproof and store-print looking. It takes special paper, but the paper and ink film come together. The prints cost more, but they really look nice and of course the price includes the paper and the film.

For traveling, I had fun using the post card pack, making post cards from our daily pictures to send to people.

My HP all-in-one prints great pictures, but they don't have that clear coat that makes the ones with the Canon photo printer really pop...but you pay for that pop :>) You're the one who has to decide if the extra cost of each print is worth the pop-factor :>) ~Judy

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to mrsdriver5

Thanks Judy for your opinions I think I'm going to buy it. But probably going to wait until next month.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics