Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Anyone else get back pain from scrapbooking?        (Topic#1586853)
ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to HappyCat

I do a lot of scrapping standing up and since I can't stand still I generally don't have the pain. If I find I have to sit and scrap then I tend to get in my neck and between my shoulder blades.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to HappyCat

Not so much back pain but i do sometimes feel my shoulders getting tiref then i know it's time to take a break or stop altogether.

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to HappyCat

Yes, I hurt when I scrap for long periods of time... sometimes my back.. sometimes I get like tennis elbow... which drives me crazy.. not to mention carpal tunnel.. so I tried not to sit for long periods.. I stand and sit and stand and sit... Good luck ... and mine is just plain on old age ...LOL

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to HappyCat

besides the boobs (a problem which I would have absolutely NO clue about),,,,,it's possible you have some mildly bulging discs,,,,,,yoga is wonderful for back and neck pain,,,,I highly recommend a yoga ball and some gentle stretching. I've had some serious back problems for years, and yoga is my salvation,,,,,,well, that and cymbalta.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to CommaHolly

Holly, I know you're not talking to me, but thanks for the recommendation on Yoga. I've thought about doing that for a long time. I really didn't think about it for back and neck pain though. That's a great suggestion. I've got yoga on my Nintendo. I think I'll start it this weekend.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to crichards1

Scrapbooking's a pain in the neck...lol..for me. At home I get up and down a lot as I am easily distracted but at a crop or a retreat when all I am doing is scrapping I get a pain in my neck. At the retreats I attend there is a massage therapist there but as I don't care for massages, I will get up and walk around and stretch. ..works for me.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• crichards1 Said:
Holly, I know you're not talking to me, but thanks for the recommendation on Yoga. I've thought about doing that for a long time. I really didn't think about it for back and neck pain though. That's a great suggestion. I've got yoga on my Nintendo. I think I'll start it this weekend.

I recommend a yoga ball (get the one that's right for your height) and very GENTLE yoga,,,,

general rule of thumb,,,,if it starts to hurt,,STOP.

Youtube has some amazing yoga vids for "gentle yoga" too,,,,,

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1

Where do you buy a yoga ball where they have them according to height? That makes a lot of sense. Would you go some place like D i c k's Sporting Goods? Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited to say that I just Googled this and found out that I would need a 55 cm ball. I think I could find this at Target or WalMart. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Edited by crichards1 on 04-14-13 09:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

Happycat...i USED to be a member of the BIG GIRLS CLUB,,,but had a breast reduction in 2004...the BEST thing i have ever done for myself. I woke up from surgery and my 20 yrs of upper, middle, and lower back, neck, and shoulder pain was gone. like, completely gone...instantly. After recovery, I looked and felt AMAZING!!! Before, I could not sit, stand or lie down for any length of time without pain. Talk to your Dr about THAT!! Ok, its not for everybody...but man, was it great for me!!! I have no more pain, bending over a table scrapping or otherwise...it has been life changing!! And yes, ladies, I did take before n after photos...they will EVENTUALLY be scrapped....

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to Juansmom

Too funny! I have before and afters of getting an 'enhancement' vs. 'reduction' that will eventually be scrapped. My DGM writes poetry and sent me the most wonderful poem pre-surgery (and she also sent me a personal note about how she felt, given that we have the same 'small' genetics) and my DH sent me flowers because I had to go to a different city to have the surgery done. On the other hand, my DM, whose genetics I did not get, has had to undergo TWO reductions, one in the mid-eighties and another just last year. I can attest from talking to her how much back pain relief she felt from having the surgeries done.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• crichards1 Said:
Where do you buy a yoga ball where they have them according to height? That makes a lot of sense. Would you go some place like D i c k's Sporting Goods? Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited to say that I just Googled this and found out that I would need a 55 cm ball. I think I could find this at Target or WalMart. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

I got mine at WM, but when I went for a replacement after a couple years, they no longer had them,,,,,,yours might though,,,,,

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

WM, Ross's, TJMaxx, Kmart, Target, Dic*s, Cabellas, and others have yoga balls, videos, weights, mats, bands etc.....to get you started. I've seen some at the grocery stores too!

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics