Username Post: Is there a "tool" for this?        (Topic#1586907)
Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

I love inking the edges of cardstock for journaling, photos, etc. On a couple of my layouts I also inked around letters that I cut out with my cricut and I loved how it looked. My question is-is there a tool that works for inking the edges of letters?

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Vintageivy

This is what I use to ink cardstock edges, etc. but it was tricky navigating the dauber around letters so I'm hoping there is another tool or trick I can learn about!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Vintageivy on 04-11-13 12:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312

I asked that exact question in a blog post and got some good answers in the comments. Hope this helps!

http://www.cindyderosier.com/2012/07/ive-seriously -been...

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

I've never seen one. You can get Dew Drops though, little tear-shaped ink pads with a pointy end for getting into the nooks and crannies of alphas. That's about the closest I've seen to a tool.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I like the cat eye ink pads and stylus.

I also have a small ink (like a lipstick tube), that's easier to use in small spaces.

You could use a cotton swab, blending pen/stump, makeup sponge...

Edited by Bxr-Linda on 04-11-13 01:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I have a set of these pens "grunge" colors for tiny tight spots and also small ink pads.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-11-13 01:41 PM
In response to CrimsonMama

Best tools I've found are Distress and Copic markers, I use them all the time to ink edges. I've also used wooden manicure sticks to add ink to surfaces. Paper smudgers (or tortillons) would probably work, too, as long as they don't soak up too much ink.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to stick

These are some great ideas! Thank you so much. I really like the idea to use an eyeshadow applicator. That seems pretty inexpensive.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

My absolute favourite that I use all the time are the Ingvild Bolme chalk inks....they have a pointy end to get into tight crevices and you can easily run the ink pad along the side to ink edges of cardstock....love them! They come in a ton of colours and they leave a nice fluid, chalky colour behind...not too overpowering...

Alison

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I use different innk pads like others said. I also use daubers, sponge make up applicators & q tips ink applying tools too. )

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to anda11

I like the Ingvild Bolme inks too. They are pretty amazng and easy to use.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to SherylEb

You can also take a qtip which is what I use. It's cheap throw away and works great!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Sneezy1956

I also like all the little inks and fluid chalks—Ingvild Bolme chalk inks and the cats eyes. I use them so often that I keep them on top of my work table in an old candy tin. But then, like Stick, I use a marker to get those little, really tight corners that nothing seems to fit in. Even if the color match isn't perfect, it's such a small area that it blends in quite well.~Judy

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
I like the cat eye ink pads and stylus.

I also have a small ink (like a lipstick tube), that's easier to use in small spaces.

You could use a cotton swab, blending pen/stump, makeup sponge...

I second the cats eyes with corners
I use cats eyes and the tim holz and just use the corners of the square pads as well

Edited by Just G on 04-12-13 06:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics