Username Post: Need suggestion for good white ink        (Topic#1586933)
gigi2cec
New Kid On the Block
gigi2cec

can anyone recommend a white ink that will give good coverage? (like if used on dark colored paper)

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-13-13 06:37 AM
In response to gigi2cec

I'm liking Hero Arts Unicorn - there were some great examples of it in use on the Simon Says blog a few weeks ago.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to stick

Good luck! It's not easy finding a truly opaque white pen. I do like the new Sharpie Paint Pen with the fine point though (it's a water-based paint). A bit off the subject, but if you ever look for a nice gold or silver pen to do edging, etc., check out the ones made by Krylon. They're really great. I don't believe they make a white, however.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to dwelch

For an ink pad, I use StazOn white...
For a pen, I use the Sharpie paint pen with an extra fine point...

Alison

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama
In response to kiyawinn

I have used white acrylic paint on a brush or tooth brush and flicked it on the paper, Or just a white acrylic paint dauber.

I have the white dylusions in my wish list and they are more opaque. Can anyone attest to the results?

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to CrimsonMama

I haven't found a good white ink pad...I haven't looked for one specifically for a few years, though.

My favorite white pen is the uniball.

Products Referenced in This Post:

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to justowen

For spray, I like the Mister Huey's opaque white.

For ink pad, I use StazOn Opaque White.

For pens, I use the Uniball Signo, BUT order then direct form Japan. They are awesome.

I have heard good things about the Dylusions, next thing on my list is all the new colors!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-13-13 01:00 PM
In response to Manda_K

If you have a Japantown area or a Japanese stationery store you may be able to find the Signos there - they actually come in two sizes and I've never seen the thinner one anywhere else.

gigi2cec
New Kid On the Block
gigi2cec
In response to stick

thank you all for your replies, I am mostly looking for a stamping ink, although I also need a good pen too! Your help is so appreciated.

Tenant
In response to gigi2cec

I like Clear Snap's Colorbox's Frost White ink pad. It can be embossed or just left as ink, great ink!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
For spray, I like the Mister Huey's opaque white.

For ink pad, I use StazOn Opaque White.

For pens, I use the Uniball Signo, BUT order then direct form Japan. They are awesome.

I have heard good things about the Dylusions, next thing on my list is all the new colors!

Hey Manda-
Is there a trick to the Signo pens? I have owned 3 and they work the first few times I use them and then stop. I have tried EVERYTHING with them and have resigned myself to never buying another.
I currently use my white Sakura souffle-- I love it but I really liked the white of the Signo-- I just won't spend that kind of money on a pen to use it twice and have it quit.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics