Username Post: Scrap Book Page Dilema!        (Topic#1586939)
ktinadiva
New Kid On the Block
ktinadiva

My friend and I are creating our first scrap book but can't find the right kind of pages! the scrappers i've meet in the isles at Michael's are the greatest, giving lots of suggestions and recommending I ask here too.

The scrapbook is for a destination wedding where the guest are going to adding to it thru out the week. the pages I want to create will have cards to open and write in, envelopes to put little notes in, etc. I need pages that aren't slid into sleaves so the cards can be opened, etc. making it an interactive scrapbook. I can't find those anywhere. One scrapper sugguested I take poster boards, cut them to 13x12 1/2 (the size of a sleave refill) and punch holes in them but am not sure how nice that will look and OMG that would be time consuming!!

Also, would stick glue work for adhearing cards and stuff or should we go with another product? it has to be easy for the guests to use, that's why we thought glue sticks for now. Once we get back I can reglue with a stronger adhesive to make it permenant, but just thinking of the initial ease of glue sticks.

ANY ideas would help! THANKS!!

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to ktinadiva

I'm not sure on the pages part. But, I would suggest against the glue stick, because if you try and go home and try to un-do it, the cards will likely tear and a little will be left on the page where the glue was. Also, you may have to worry about the drunk guy pasting something on a page all crooked or inappropriate which would drive me nutso. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for as far as the pages. A couple of suggestions would be to buy the pre-made blank cards in the scrapbook section (Hobby Lobby has more than Michael's) and/or the pre-done journaling cards that have the lines already on them for writing. If possible, maybe even glue those down on the pages before you go? You could glue and leave blank so people can write on them already in the book. Good luck!

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to scrapchica

Page idea-the strap hinge albums are pre-made pages with these hooks that you slide a strap through. You don't have to use page protectors. They don't really show the binding, so it's not like 3 ring binders. They aren't as popular, so you may have to hunt a little bit. The site here has them! Also Hobby Lobby carries them as well as Creative Memories.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to scrapchica

Creative Memories-type albums are the only ones I can think of that don't need page protectors.

I'd not use glue sticks, sometimes they don't hold and I have even had them seep thru the cardstock and change the paper's color leaving spots on it.

The pre-made cards is a great idea as is the journal spots.

Congratulations and good luck!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to rockmom

What a lovely idea!

I second (third? fourth? ) the resounding "no" to glue sticks.

How about creating the cards and the envelopes for the guests to write in, then sticking them in the book afterwards. You could have a mailbox for the guests to post their cards in, then take them out at the end and create the book.

If you make it afterwards, you'll have time to add photos of the people who wrote the cards as well. Maybe photos of them writing them.

HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat
In response to RedSquirrel

I'd recommend Creative Memories albums for easy additions, and a tape runner for adhering things. Glue sticks are really unreliable.

CM albums are really study and have a lifetime warranty.

Good luck with your project! Hope it goes smoothly.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to HappyCat

Yes! I only use CM albums and pages. They are the best. And when you're ready, they have page protectors that are great also! No Glue Sticks. That spells disaster.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to bonprof

My suggestion is probably not going to be the most popular, but I think its worth it. Definitely make your own album. What you want is a cross between a scrapbook and a smash book. Check out the mini albums that people make and just think about making a mini album that grew up...lol Then you can add lots and lots of stuff like envelopes, bags, pockets, popups and whatever else you can think of doing.

ktinadiva
New Kid On the Block
ktinadiva
In response to Crafting Marfa

WOW! Thanks soo much for all the great suggestions! We spent all weekend working on this hummer and we are full blasting ahead using the tools - THANK YOU FOR THE ROLL DOT THINGAMAJIG!! We are actually taking the 12x12 sheets, having holes punched at Office Depot, pre creasing them and going sleeveless! whoo hooo! you, Sexy scrapbook, you...

Will post pics. am really enjoying this first time... it'll go much better now that Im getting the tools and using the tips you alll have suggested. a huge THANK YOU

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics