Username Post: HELP please with MB font size        (Topic#1587089)
New Kid On the Block

The main problem that I have with the new MB is that the font is now teeny and I can barely read it. I went to My Forum Settings, Control Panel, Display Settings but I can't find anything to change the font size. Maybe the answer is in all the pages about the new board, but since I can't see it, I'll never know....

Of course the gray color is depressing but supposedly I can change that (thanks to 2Ps who also have that same problem) with a Mozilla add-on.

Thanks if you can help me!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to NYorker

Hold down the CTRL key and press + or - on your keyboard to increase or decrease the size.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Heather J. Landry

Or scroll with your scroll wheel.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Heather J. Landry

OK, thanks! That works.

Although now I have this gigantic screen to read across and I get lost by the time I travel the great distance from left to right. I really wish monitors were still made square and 8.5x11" was exactly that - you could see on a piece of paper exactly where things were. The wide screens also make everything more blurry compared to the original real size monitors. So many "new" things are actually worse than the originals, change for the sake of change is not a good thing.

I am sure there are good improvements that were made to this board now, I just haven't been able to try things out yet.

Thanks again for swift help!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to NYorker

I don't have a scroll wheeel...I'm on a laptop

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I suppose I could hit the "+" at the bottom of my toobar though lol

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to DittoBabyGirl

There's a way to make the touchpad act like a scroll. I don't remember what it is, Google, but I've done it by accident.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to NYorker

• NYorker Said:
OK, thanks! That works.

Although now I have this gigantic screen to read across and I get lost by the time I travel the great distance from left to right.

if you are in mozilla , select on the main menu "view"-"zoom"- "zoom text only" and it will increase your text size but keep the page width the same.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • NYorker Said:
OK, thanks! That works.

Although now I have this gigantic screen to read across and I get lost by the time I travel the great distance from left to right.

if you are in mozilla , select on the main menu "view"-"zoom"- "zoom text only" and it will increase your text size but keep the page width the same.

And if you are on a MacBook or MacBook Pro, the keystroke is Command and - or +

It is strange how some platforms show giant text and others tiny though. I'm on a MacBook Pro running Lion (yeah I know, I need to upgrade) with both Safari (Version 6.0.3 (7536.28.10)) and Firefox (20.0 for Mac) and it's fine on both those. I checked DH's iPad and it's fine there too. My background is a delicate shade of stony grey, my bars are slate purple and the typing area is white. I can turn down the brightness of the display easily, and even that unexpected bright line green when you highlight text doesn't freak me out after my initial "WOAH who picked THAT?" reaction. I'm lucky - I'm a happy bunny and super-impressed with it all.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics