Username Post: ~*~April ABC Challenge~*~        (Topic#1587125)
GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Challenge ICON is March's Challenge Winner! Congratulations LREA!

This challenge uses alphabet letters to spin challenge specs. It's loads of tricky fun! See Challenge Discussion forum for Challenge Specs and Details.

View Challenge Here: ~*~April ABC Challenge~*~

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Spec Details

1. Each month, there will be three letters of the alphabet that are used to spin the challenge specs. Two of the months will have a fourth "wild-card" choice.

2. For each letter, there will be three categories of specs :
1 - Color
2 - Word or Topic
3 - Technique or Product

3. Your challenge is to create ONE SINGLE LAYOUT for the month.

4. You are to use all three letters and all three categories, but only one from each group. In other words, each letter and each category will be represented only once on your page. I hope this makes sense, but if not, please ask me to clarify.

5. How you interpret the categories and colors is up to you.

6. Your layout must be new as of the first day of the month and is due no later than midnight the last day of the month.

4. Please allow public embedding for your projects so that they can be posted on the front page.

5. Digital or Paper - doesn't matter.

6. Stacking is permitted. Use your project to play in as many challenges as you can make it fit!

7. Random.org decides the winner. No voting pressure!

A Word About Comments

I don't want to limit the number of players or exclude anyone who wants to play, but there is a certain realistic limit to how much time you can spend commenting on projects. Most members I've talked to here believe that it's better to get a genuine, heartfelt comment from someone who really wants to leave it as opposed to a "drive by" from someone who is only commenting because they feel like they have to. If you want to leave love, then by all means, you should do that. If you don't have time to do more than just drive by and wave, then we all understand that too. Jami Bishop, a wise woman in another forum says, "REAL LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT." I'm stealing her words and adding them here."

I think that's about it, or at least as much as I can think of right now. If you have questions, ask them.

And as always, HAVE FUN!

MARCH'S WINNER Chosen by Random.org (#10)
10. St Maarten by LREA

Diecuts, Eggplant, Family

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Challenge Specs

It's APRIL and the month of Fool's Day and foolish fun, so let's play our first wild card this month. FOUR letters for April mean that you get to choose TWO options from ONE category. Let's see if that doesn't stir the creative pot!

Color (Other colors are fine to add to your project, but make sure that you do not use more than one of the color choices for this month. Exception: if you use your wild card option for this category, you can select two of these colors, but no more.)
G - Grape

H - Heliotrope

I - Iceberg

J - Jade

Word - Topic
G - Girlfriends
H - Home
I - If Only...
J - Just In Case...

Product - Technique - Tool
G - Glossy Cardstock
H - Heat Embossing
I - Image Transfer Technique
J - Jute

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Hi everybody. Let me know you got here, ok?

Here's how you link up your projects.

Go into your gallery and choose your entry for this challenge. Click on the "edit image" button. That link is now at the bottom of your project description.

Down toward the bottom above the "allow embedding" button, you'll see the radio buttons for the entire list of challenges you've entered. Tick the button for this challenge.

Save Changes

You're done!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

As we add our images, we'll see them on the front page of the Challenges page.

To view them in bigger detail, click the view details button next to the challenge image. That will pull up all the entries for this challenge.

It's awesome! No more front page updating!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

ok, made it this far, posting your instructions to my notebook, will be back after I try the next step, lol

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Lookin4newideas

I made it here too. not sure I will get this done or not, still struggling with what to do.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

So we have this challenge two places, now what?

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc
In response to tinadn

Okay, I did what you asked and my LO is now under the Gallery/Challenges/ABC topic front page; however, all of our monthly chatter and previously uploaded lo's (for April) is gone under the Forum Index/Interactive Fun/Challenges/April ABC challenge and my lo (that I just uploaded) is not showing up here either....at least for me!

Anyone else having this problem? I thought what was done in one location posted to the other...I'm not the most tech savvy so maybe I just dreamed that part lol!
Love the ease of entering the lo now, but which challenge forum do we use from now on?

Thanks!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to denayc

I agree - it's kind of a hassle, but the techs asked me if I'd be willing to guinea pig us over here and see how we did.

It's hard for them to figure out the bugs until real people start playing. I'll be keeping touch in both forums for now, and we'll just muddle through best we can until May, when the kinks SHOULD be all worked out.

Feel free to chatter wherever you wish!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

thanks Pat!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

I just uploaded a photo just for fun, trying out the newness. It looks like once I join all the challenges the new way, adding a lo to each one should be easy.

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc
In response to tinadn

The new way is super easy to use, and I love that!!! I noticed after my last post that I had 3 ABC Challenge topics for April!! The original one, the one under the Gallery and it's twin under the Forum/Interactive Fun/Challenges! I guess that's why I couldn't see some of our original months postings!!! I was in the wrong one lol.

Off to see if anyone has posted a new lo and to leave some love.
Hope you all are having a great weekend.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to denayc

Yeah - April is just a mess, but when the new cycle starts in May, it should be SUPER easy to join, post, and chat.

I think it's a fabulous change!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I am ready for May and all the challenges to be this way. THe OCD in me is having a problem with the extra forums in my faves. I love deleting them when I am done, just like I love when I get to the end of a package of something

Edited by tinadn on 04-21-13 04:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to tinadn

Yep - me too. I also delete them sometimes before the end of the month when I figure out that my reach exceeded my grasp.

klweist
Diva
klweist

OMGosh! I love deleting my old challenges too. I thought I was the only one who got satisfaction out of clearing out the old.

I'm also looking forward to the new specs for all the challenges. I start looking the last week of the month.

Pat, you are doing a great job with these changes. And, I took your advice. I am currently working a new lo for this challenge that fulfills all the specs and I'm really excited about it. Hopefully I'll get 2 beautiful lo's from this! Thanks for being inspirational!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to klweist

Anxious to see it! :-D

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics