Username Post: First Birthday Party Album        (Topic#1587135)
Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas

Has anyone put together an entire 12X12 album for a first birthday party or a single event? At the most, I've created 5 layouts of a single event (that was of my son's first birthday party).

We just had a big 1st birthday party for my little girl and took a lot of pictures. Inspired by Pinterest, I went a little crazy and did alot of the decorations myself along with making part of her birthday outfit. That being said, I want to showcase pictures of my hard work and of course my cute little girl enjoying her party. We also took lots of candid shots of our guests.

The thought of making 20 traditional paper layouts is a bit overwhelming to me. I know I could always use Shutterfly to quickly put together an album, but I wanted it to be a little more personal and I want to be able to add some scrapbooking touches to it. Any suggestions for me? Any examples would be great too. Thanks!

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to Mama2Thomas

You could use a We R Memories Keeper 3-ring album. They come with 10 traditional lay-out pages. You could add refill pages of different varieties. If you're not familiar with these, do a search for them on this website and watch the video. This would make a nice album, and you wouldn't have to do 20 lay-out pages. A.C.Moore sells the albums and refill pages here. They only sell the faux leather ones, though, and not the linen like they sell here.

Edited by crichards1 on 04-18-13 11:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I have seen people do mini albums for birthday parties. Since doing that many pages is overwhelming to you..why don't you make the most important pages first & see if you want to go further. Once you get started..maybe you won't want to stop. Or maybe you will realize you do not want to do them. You could also take the extra pics that you have & put them in those divided page protectors. That way you do not need to scrap that many pages & you will have all the pics showing everything.

bonprof
Governor
bonprof

Creative Memories has what they call "Power Palettes". It is an entire album worth of coordinating paper,ribbon, you name it. Before you decide on what you are doing, go on line and find a consulatant near you. It is worth your time to check out these palettes.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to bonprof

You could resize many of the pictures to about 2x3, 3x3, or 4x4 and get many more onto a page and be able to use a smaller album. I would suggest an 8x8 album. You can also add pages to those. The smaller size picture are really good for close up pictures and really do not seem that small. You could still keep your favorite pics at 4x6. The smaller 8x8 layout is much faster and less intimidating when you have a large project such as what you are doing.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Trina_P

I was going to suggest the same thing as Trina P....I would do an 8x8 or 6x6 album...
You can simply mat photos and put them on some pretty patterned paper or you could embellish a little here and there.....

There is not a lot of extra room on the smaller sized album and when I did mine, I found there wasn't room for a lot of embellishment....which can be a good thing! (less work!)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics