Username Post: Best Corner Rounder For Photos        (Topic#1587167)
crichards1
Veteran
crichards1

I have a little inexpensive corner rounder that I use on my photos. I've had it for years, and it's been hard to cut with it lately. I'm looking for a new one. I like the idea of two sizes such as with the WeRMemory Keepers Crop-A-Dial Corner Chopper Tool below. I want something that's easy to line up. This will be mainly for photos, although I can see using it for pages for layering, too. That's why I thought the two sizes would be nice. (Hope that makes sense.) I don't want to order the wrong thing, so thought I would ask you all. Does this sound like what I'm looking for or would something else be better? I'm also wondering if I should just go to A.C. Moore and look for something similar to what I have now. Thanks for your input.

Edited by crichards1 on 04-20-13 10:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat
In response to crichards1

My favorite is the Creative Memories corner rounder. I've had mine for 5 years and it works perfectly. So sturdy and easy to use.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to HappyCat

Thanks. I just checked the Creative Memories website, and that looks like what I have now. I do like the one I have--just wish it still worked well. I just wish the shipping wasn't so high with Creative Memories. I like their albums a lot, and everything else I have from them is very high quality. Do you know if you still have to pay shipping when you work with a local consultant? I always did in the past, but that was seven or eight years ago.

Edited by crichards1 on 04-20-13 11:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

I love both of the ones you mentioned. I have them both and use both....I like the different sizes.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-20-13 02:18 PM
In response to Sneezy1956

I have the small and medium Paper Shapers, and one by Martha Stewart which is about the same size as the large Paper Shapers. Love them! Small and easy to store, and they all work great. I like decorative corners, too, I've got a couple of the Fiskars three-in-one punches. And I just noticed this Fiskars squeeze punch, it looks like a useful multitasker!

HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat

• crichards1 Said:
Thanks. I just checked the Creative Memories website, and that looks like what I have now. I do like the one I have--just wish it still worked well. I just wish the shipping wasn't so high with Creative Memories. I like their albums a lot, and everything else I have from them is very high quality. Do you know if you still have to pay shipping when you work with a local consultant? I always did in the past, but that was seven or eight years ago.

Yes, if you buy through a consultant who already has the product, you don't have to pay shipping. I agree, their shipping is high. I usually want until I have a huge order to buy anything to make it worth while.

Do you have a consultant? You can find one through the website if you don't.

creativesoul_in_WI
Governor
creativesoul_in_WI
In response to HappyCat

I noticed when my Creative Memories one gets too full it doesn't cut well. Another thing you might try is cutting through aluminum foil to sharpen. I do want the WE R Memory Keepers ones because of the different shapes and ease of use.

Juansmom
Pro
Juansmom
In response to creativesoul_in_WI

one more vote for the cm!!! the one I would DEFINITELY steer clear of is the Fiskars one that flips to two diff sizes...its useless. its orange n curved to fit in your hand, sorta kidney shaped.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Juansmom

I know which one you're talking about -- it's the small orange Fiskars one that flips and is rather lame. I do like the Fiskars 3-in-one squeeze punch, with a dial that rotates to different sizes. They also make 2 separate squeeze punches in different sizes, that might be easier to use. The 3-in-1 is pictured above in Stick's post.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Solitaire

I use very fine sandpaper to revitalize my punches.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to NMlady

I have 2 that I bought at HL when their punches were 50% off.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to Rosita

I think I'll first try aluminum foil to sharpen the one I have. Thanks, Carmen, for that tip. Then I'll have to come back here and read thru the posts again and decide. Thanks everyone!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to HappyCat

My fave too- and the same type/design can be found at Hobby Lobby for very cheap!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to ChansGram

I love using my Fiskars squeeze punch corner rounder. It only makes the one cut... not multiple. It is very dependable and is easy to use if you have arthritis. I also have a small/cheap one made by Marvy Uchida. It works great on photos. I use my Fiskars for making cards.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I have the Fiskars 3-in-1 corner rounder and it works great!
I had a little handheld one that I had for years but the plastic on it actually cracked a little while ago and I had to throw it out! Anyway, I love the Fiskars one (and they sell them at Ms, too)...it's sturdy and the different sizes are very useful!
Products Referenced in This Post:

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to pinkpaperairedale

The Marvy Uchida one is actually the one that I mentioned in the original post. It's the one that after several years of use isn't as easy to punch as it used to be. I am planning on trying the aluminum foil thing today. I do like the way it's so easy to use.

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama

You know, any punch can eventually need "sharping". Have you tried punching aluminum foil with it several times?

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to CrimsonMama

How does the Creative Memories one work for project life?

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to PhotobearSam

I've been using the Creative Memories corner rounder since 1998 (the same one) and it is still as sharp as the day I got it. And I use it on all of my Project life cards & photos (this is my 3rd year). I've never owned another corner rounder because the one I have still works so why replace it?

Although the CM one only does one size, I would still highly recommend it for a good quality corner rounder.

Good luck with your decision.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Shutterbugg

I absolutely love my CM one I have had for about 10 years now and it is still working great!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics