Username Post: Lazy scrapper here...        (Topic#1587177)
creater1
Diva
creater1

after looking at some of the stunning LO's I have come to the conclusion that I am just a lazy scrapper.

I don't challenge myself to try new things. That will all change Mon. I am going to invest in some HW Color Shine sprays and maybe a template to two.

I need to expand my creativity. I just want some of those ink spots to jazz up some of my pages.

Any advice for a newby. What sprays are best. I have to promise myself NO paper that is what I always come home with. Must be a comfort thing. So just sprays and that is it.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to creater1

Well, I recently bought a whole bunch of the Dylusions sprays....I love the bright colours!
I also bought a bunch of the TH distress paints...just waiting for them to be delivered...

Have fun with the sprays!
I actually love techniques....that is part of why I scrap....I love the creativity of it, the art of it....

Alison

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to kiyawinn

Jackie, good luck !
I keep telling myself to reach for different products, even something as simple as embossing folders, but I keep doing the same stuff! Good luck to you in stepping outside the box/your comfort zone and in not bringing home more paper!

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to ChansGram

Trish I said that I promised myself NO papers but I had my fingers crossed.

I can't be trusted to keep my word in the scrapbook store.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to creater1

You keep it up and you're gonna get grounded to your scrap room- oh wait, that wouldn't work!

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to ChansGram

Can you believe it no paper or sprays. I totally could not get to LSS.

The rest of the week is filled with stuff so maybe next week I can check out the HW sprays.

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof
In response to creater1

I just recently went through this, and I have bought a bunch of new stuff because I was so BORED with what I was doing.

Tell me: what are Sprays? I don't know anything about them. I'd like to learn. Anyone? Everyone?

Thanks.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to bonprof

I keep telling myself to use my sprays, ribbons and flowers but they are still not being used and I keep on buying more ribbon!!!!!!!!!!

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
You keep it up and you're gonna get grounded to your scrap room- oh wait, that wouldn't work!

PLEASE!?!?! :-D

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-23-13 08:19 AM
In response to scrapchica

I need to get better about this too. I'm fine experimenting if it's something I don't plan on putting into my album, but for my real pages in my scrapbook, I always tend to stay conservative. I'm glad you posted this Jackie, I need to branch out as well.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
I just recently went through this, and I have bought a bunch of new stuff because I was so BORED with what I was doing.

Tell me: what are Sprays? I don't know anything about them. I'd like to learn. Anyone? Everyone?

Thanks.

They spray on the color. These are but a teeny tiny portion in the store. Click on one and check them out!!

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof
In response to fknapoleon

Thank you so much. I will look at some videos as to how to apply them.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to creater1

If you are buying templates, also experiment using ink with them especially metallic inks.

msplantladi
Tenant
msplantladi
In response to ChansGram

LOL-I keeping thinking that's what I need, to be locked in my scrap book rm so I might be motivated to spark my interest again. I have a nice [ to me] set up to scrap book and haven't done anything for over 2 yrs. I just can't seem to get myself to stay there to do anything.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Hmmm...what sprays are best??? ALL of them! LOL

Depends on the look.

HS Color Shine: LOTS of shine, fine spray, transparent color.

Glimmer Mist: Sparkly finish with metallic tones; gold, silver, copper mica with colors ranging from pastel to jewel tones.

Smooch Spritz: High Shine metal finish with a range of colors. (These sprayers are the worst imo, but the colors are fabulous.)

Lindy's: They make several different sprays. Moon Shadow mists have a walnut ink undertone with the color and sparkle built in. Starburst mists have bold color and a ton of shine. Flat Fabios are just color with no shine.

Mister Huey's: Opaque sprays, no shine, awesome colors and coverage.

Dylusions: Water reactive, no shine, FABULOUS colors and coverage.

There are more, but those are a good start!

I love love LOVE stencils and I have quite a collection. They are great and make fabulous accents or backgrounds. You can use most any ink, spray or medium you like with them to get all kinds of cool effects.

Happy scrapping!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Manda_K

If you have any type of a die cutting machine, remember that the negative of cuts that you like can also be used as a stencil....

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics