Username Post: Tips for Washi tape?        (Topic#1587199)
pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

What tips or tricks do you have or use with Washi tape?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-21-13 05:34 PM
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I'm really getting into washi. One of the awesome things about it is that it's removable/repositionable. However - if you're putting it on a surface that you've made with sprays and inks and stuff, it will lift some of it off, so be careful.

Crinkle it, tear it, stamp on it, color it, just stick it down

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to stick

I have used to to make stripes of different lengths on cards and layouts. I pick several colors/patterns and tear or cut them to different lengths and lay them down on the paper making either rows or columns. The go ahead and do the card or layout--

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-22-13 08:24 AM
In response to terrihooper

I saw a cool trick on a blog a while ago. Put down strips of washi on cardstock and then emboss it, or die-cut it. Easy way to make a unique card or embellishment!

dabnat
dabnat 
Expert
dabnat
In response to stick

I actually just started making my own Tissue Tape so it is the color and design that I want. I have several different "base" designs I keep on hand for quick use. I throw this tape on a page, or cover up a mistake, add a little variance between bold designs, and on my cards.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to dabnat

I love the idea of running it through my Cuttlebug.
Dabnet.... how do you make your own? Can you suggest a video tutorial?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

I haven't seen a tutorial, but guessing you could use different widths of Scor tape and tissue paper that you've stamped/inked/painted/dec orated/etc?!

Or maybe a whole sheet of Scor tape and then cut it into the size strips you need?

Haven't tried it myself, but sounds good

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Kim222

Yep I use score tape and tissue paper to make my own....I have professional made but love my own almost more. About any stamp will make an adorable tape.

dabnat
dabnat 
Expert
dabnat

I use score tape in different sizes, stamps, misters, etc.

I found a video on you tube and learned that way. It is really simple and you get the colors & design you would like.

lakauai
Resident
lakauai
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
I haven't seen a tutorial, but guessing you could use different widths of Scor tape and tissue paper that you've stamped/inked/painted/dec orated/etc?!

Or maybe a whole sheet of Scor tape and then cut it into the size strips you need?

Haven't tried it myself, but sounds good

what is Scor tape?

Hdubarry
Tenant
Hdubarry
In response to lakauai

I'm going to a free online class in 10 minutes all about washi tape.

It's called Washi Wahoo too, and the replays are available for free for a week or so after the live class. After that you can buy the class for a small amount. 7$-12$ I think.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Hdubarry

SCor tape is a double sided tape that you can get several places....I get mine on line I don't know if scrapbook.com has it....but I imagine you could use red line

Diva
In response to Sneezy1956

Interesting. I am finally finding out about washi tape.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Sneezy1956

The tapes below are similar to scor tape....

If you look up the NSBD challenges...there was one for using washi tape and there was a video attached showing several different ways to use washi tape.....
This is my LO that I entered for that challenge...I used washi tape to make the flag, the ribbon, tapes to the side of the pictures, the heart embellishments (tape on top of cardstock and then punched).....
Happy Birthday! By Kiyawinn

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to kiyawinn

You can actually print easily onto your Washi tape. Just type what you want into the computer and print it off onto plain white paper. Then cover the print with your Washi tape (which is removable), re-insert your paper and re-print. That will line your print up on your Washi tape exactly as it was on your paper. Remove the tape and add it to your layout or card.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to dwelch

ooooh! That's a great idea dwelch!

paperdreamin
New Kid On the Block
paperdreamin
In response to dwelch

Thanks so much dwelch! Just tried it. Now to find more Washi Tape

carrielsunday
New Kid On the Block
carrielsunday
In response to paperdreamin

I love washi. It makes things so versatile, and yes, so cute when printed. I have found that if you try to stamp on it though, sometimes the stamp slides. So be careful for smudgy outcomes.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics