Page 1 of 33 
Username Post: May Anything Goes Challenge Closed!        (Topic#1587211)
Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-21-13 08:17 PM

"ALL NEW ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE"

May is coming! Time for sign ups!

Ok... I know some people have been intimated by this challenge but shut the front door----this challenge has been revised and updated!! KEEP READING.....

Not only will you meet new people here you'll get your motivation amp'd up you'll become a creative rock star to all your scrap cronies!! Seriously!!!

Your creativity will grow beyond your wildest dreams... ya and you will leap out of your comfort zone like their is no tomorrow!! Playing with us on the monthly challenge will not only be fun, it will be a place where you can talk about your woes and your toes...make close bonds with ladies who have the same and not so same ideals! And we all need more friends right? Say yes!!

Now before you run off, take some time and read thru' this post and ask me some questions, if you have any questions...or your overwhelmed beyond belief, ask me to help you catch your breath! We have made some BIG changes and we think it is a lot easier to follow than before!

SO pull up your BIG GIRL PANTIES and jump in with us die hard players and join the ranks of the obsessed!!

We will have daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge. All to keep you motivated and working hard to actually get those pics onto paper and into an album! We are willing to hold your hands thru the rough bumps. So ask...PLEASE!!!!!!

SIGN-UPS will be open until May 7th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than May 7th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Quay Sadler
2021 We. 2175 N.
Lehi, UT 84043

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to AnythingGoesChallenge@gma il.com (why their is a space in gmail is beyond me...so don't put one there. hehe)
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.45

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**

(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1. Most Points Overall: no matter what your goal was if you meet your goal and if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you are the winner in this category.

2. Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts: If you set your goal at 10 or fewer layouts and you meet your goal BUT do not exceed 10 layouts for the month then you are eligible for this category. If you complete more than 10 LOs then that moves you to other prize categories.

3. Random Drawing of Everyone Who Meets Their Monthly Layout Goal: Meet your monthly layout goal and there will be a drawing done on random.org of everyone who met their goal but did not win in another category.

4. Winner for completing the most dailies. If there is a tie, a random drawing will be done on random.org for the winner of this category.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your monthly layout goal. Each paying player may only win in ONE category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:
*8x8 or above including 8.5x11, 12x12=1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*3 4x6 or 5x5=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work you put into them. If you aren't sure how many layouts a project is “worth”, just ask!

**Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them.**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH! YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE on the 7th of the month!

~~~Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or before May 31st count towards your total points and layouts.

~~~This challenge ends on May 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.

~~~All weekly challenge pics, LOs/projects, etc. AND POINT DETAILS must be posted to the thread by the deadline for weekly challenges which is Sunday 11:59 PM PST. (That is the Sunday of the week the challenges were posted for. Full weeks run from MONDAY (Day 1) to SUNDAY (Day 7).

~~~Most daily challenges do NOT have to be complete the day the challenge is posted, unless the challenge says it is for that day only. However, you get +10 bonus points for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted.

~~~To take the bonus +10 pts for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted you must have the daily complete, uploaded to your gallery, and posted to the thread WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST that day.

~~~When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details including any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread. Please try not to post projects then come back later to post the points details. If you do not post points details by a deadline for special points, you cannot take special points even if the project was completed in time. Special points are points such as points for a weekly challenge or the points for completing a daily challenge the same day it is posted, bonus points offered for another reason.

"Volunteer Help With Dailies"
Week: 1-5 Quay
Week: 6-12 Julie
Week: 13-19 BJ
Week: 20-26 Karen
Week: 27-31 Quay

Note on embedding:

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Link/Embed Image' link in the 'Share & Link' box to the left of the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...][/color] into the forum thread.

PLAYERS

paid=

Quay 10/10
Lyn 26/15
Julie (Julie101) 4/31
BJ (BJScrapsalot) 6/5
Ashley (amancuso) 3/10
Kena (Bubblegirl) 1/20
Teresa (Teresakay) 40/7
Julie (senora_x) 7/10
Norma (njr007) 25/31
Karen (splendidmoments) 23/20

Motivational-
Paula (Faithscrapper)

"APRIL'S WINNERS"

1. Quay "Most Overall Points"
2. Norma "Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts"
3. "No Winner for Random Drawing"
4. Sue (suegrnbay) "For completing the most Dailies

Congrats to everyone who won! Send me your emails so I can get your GC out to you!!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-21-13 08:20 PM
In response to Quay

~Points List~

May 2013 POINTS LIST
BONUS POINTS!!!!

take +400 bonus points if you pay by MARCH 1st,
take +300 points if you pay by MARCH 5th,
take +200 points if you pay by MARCH 7th, the deadline!

5 POINT ITEMS
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal item.
- PER sticker used (rub on, flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
- PER hand stitch
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread
- for updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points
- for cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout

10 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A PROJECT
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 30 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER type/kind of ribbon, trim, twine, fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER stamped image or word on your project
- PER color of glitter mist, chalk, stickles, paint, or ink used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER any kind of die-cut shape (includes chipboard die-cut)
- PER flower (the whole flower not counting each layer)
- PER type of distressing (inking, sanding, crumpling paper, etc.)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 20 pts for each identical one)
- PER punch used
- PER each color of washi tape
- PER item used that is over 1 years old! (Includes the picture(s) if PRINTED over 1 years, not just taken over 1 years ago!) USE UP THOSE OLD SUPPLIES!!!

50 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A PROJECT
PER- creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
PER- chipboard/grungeboard/car dboard (not cardstock)
PER- using a quote or song lyrics
PER- having journaling on your LO

50 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (8.5x11, 12x12) or 8x8 or smaller layout's (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER HANDMADE (by YOU, not machine made) flower on your project
- handmade frame
- for doodling on your page
- for making your LO a shape that is not a square or a rectangle (ex. heart or circle) OR a LO that has a border that is not a straight edge (ex. scalloped border or rick rack border or border and corner punches ie: Martha Stewart punches)
- for using memorabilia besides pictures
- PER wet or dry embossed image
- for using one or more of the following themes:Floral/Relaxing Weekends/Graduation
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread (journaling that is just written on the back of the LO does not count as hidden)

50 POINT ITEMS:
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else design or sketch to create an altered project or layout (take ONLY +25 pts if it is a card or swap item you designed yourself)
- PER layout (not card or altered project) with at least 60% negative space

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS
10 POINTS:

- PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture cut in the shape of a circle
- PER picture over 2 years old OR +20 pts PER pic over 5 years old
- PER black & white vintage photo
- PER picture taken during March 2013 or later
- for rounding your corners on your picture

20 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for project/page w/ 3+ pics
- for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture

JOURNALING POINTS
- 5 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies)
- 50 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 75 pts for 50+ words or 100 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS
100 POINTS:

- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points!
- machine sewing,
- for altered item/home decor item created,
- for scraplifting
- new technique for you, that you used, (must explain what technique you used)

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-21-13 08:21 PM
In response to Quay

~Daily Challenges~

1.Set up your siggy ie: 100pts an extra 200 pts if you set it up this way--->
LO's 0/:
dailies:
weekly's:
monthly:
2.Use your 2 favorite colors on a LO today. Use one as background and the other as contrast! 200pts

3.Create a LO Re-purposing your supplies/use your supplies other than its intended purpose. 250 pts

4.If you entered a challenge today take 300 pts. If you didn't take 200pts.

5.Make a bold/large title on your page 200pts

6.So daily Handmade item on your card or layout 200 Points

Use this sketch 300 Points
7 daily By Quay
8.Black white plus one card or layout 200 Points

9.Spend 5 minutes gathering up supplies and then scrap you however cant add to it you must use the supplies you garbed make sure you post a photo of the supplies 400 Points

10. Use a song for your layout title can be the title of the song or the words 300 Points makes sure you tell us the song

11. use more then one photo 300 Points

12.Do a layout of a mum can be your self your mum grandma 300 Points
Extra 100 Points Use 3 different items Eg flowers, paint paper in their or yours favourite colour

Rainbows, 200 points
Create a layout that somewhere includes all colors of the rainbow; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple

14.Get tilted
All eleements on your page should be on a tilt, only thing that should be straight is your background paper.

15. Font Frenzy +250 points
Use 3 different lettering fonts on your layout, example one for title, one for subtitle, one for journaling (handwriting counts as a font, each different style of thickers are a font, different cricut carts are different fonts, etc) *Bonus* For each additional font used (up to 5 additional) take 50 more points for a possible 500 points in total.

16.You must use 3 of any element that you add to the page and this does include pics.
Example; if you use 1 cardstock.. you must use 3, if you use 1 button... you must use 3, if you create a banner.. it may have 3, 6, 9 pennants on it but, if it is on a twine there needs to be 2 other twines also on the page. Only exceptions are for title and journaling you only need to have one of each, if you are using them, and it doesn't matter how many letter stickers, stamps, etc you use to create the title but if for example the journaling is on a tag... you need to have 2 additional tags somewhere on the layout.
300pts

17.TGIF +250 points
create a layout using the items from the following acronym.
T - tags
G - green
I - ink
F - flowers

18. Overtime!!
Everyone is on overtime pay today... get time and a half for all layouts, cards, projects, etc posted today (this does not apply to commenting points). To calculate your points take your total and multiply it by 1.5... if you wind up with a .5 in your total.. go ahead and round it up, we are being generous after all! If you are not able to complete this challenge today you may choose any one layout, card, project, etc to take overtime for at another point in the rest of the month.

19. unconventional + 300
use some unconventional found item on your layout
Items such as bubble wrap, ornament hanger hooks, fishing line, bath towel, modeling clay, feathers (we did them before they were even cool), printed napkins, map pages, drywall tape, film negative strips, chain... you get the picture. You can check out the gallery of layouts here. http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/24759.html

20. UGLY PAPER
** Must take picture of your papers and post them with your project. If it is double sided, please be sure that you are taking a picture of the side you are using and THAT side must be the side incorporated most on the project. You may use the other side on the project if needed for matting and such.**
Pick TWO pieces of ugly paper and ONE card stock.
LO - Must use at least 60% of each ugly paper. 225 points
Incorporate a THIRD piece of ugly paper and get an additional 125 points.
Card - Must use at least 30% of the ugly paper. 100 points.
Incorporate an additional ugly paper for an additional 75 points.

For this daily, you CAN to both LO and Card options. Only the points are different.
Now get out those ugly papers you have buried in those stacks and start making them beautified!

21.SCRAPS
Get out all of those scrap papers and use them up!! I know I have plenty and keep grabbing new paper. Not this time! Use scrap paper on your page, only non-scrap paper is your back ground paper/card base.
LO - 175 points
Card - 75 points
Can do both card and LO for today's daily.
Throw in some "scrap ribbon" for an additional 25 points on either card or LO.

22.Negative Space
60% of your LO must be negative. 250 points

23. Distress it!!
Distress it, grunge it up, etc.... try something "other than" inking the edges or using those scissors on the edge of the paper. 200 points.
For each distress technique "other than" the two listed 25 points each up to 300 points.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-21-13 08:21 PM
In response to Quay

~Weekly Challenges~
May 1-5
"About a Boy", Create a LO about a boy you know. Could be your son, your dad as a boy, a nephew or grandson. Must be a picture of someone as a boy! 400pts

May 6-12
Birthday layout of one your birthdays 300 Points

May 13-19
Create a Bucket List layout, 500 points
It could be what you would like to do this summer, before you reach a certain age, after completing a course of study, once you reach a weight loss goal, etc.

May 20-26
NO ADHESIVES/GLUE/GLUE DOTS, ETC.
It can be done ! What if you didn't have any of those necessities to scrap with. You would use any means possible to scrap? Get out those tools and use them. Start stapling, using those eyelets, brads, stitching and all means necessary. If you come up with a creative way, please do share.
500 points

May 27-31

~Weekly Photo's~
May 1-5
boy toy 100pts
something rugged 100pts
something blue 100pts

May 6-12
Something Yummy
Something You dislike to eat
Something Sweet

100 per photos

May 13-19
Something you treasure, 100 points
A morning ritual, 100 points
Mother and child, 100 points

May 20-26
Red
White
Blue
each 100 pts

May 27-31

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-21-13 08:23 PM
In response to Quay

~Monthly Challenge~
Counterfeit Kits:
Their are 5 weeks in May. So for the monthly you need to make 5 Counterfeit Kits. Pick 5 brand name kits and to the best of your ability copy the real kit. Their are other rules that apply:
1. Take pictures through out the process of making the kit. And post them together with the finished kit.
2. Make a handmade embellishment.
3. Make a picture or video tutorial of something you have handmade.
4. Make a front cover to describe your kit as if you were selling it.

This is a huge undertaking so I am making the points extreme...
10,000 points for all 5 kits done by the 31st.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Quay

I'm in for motivational!

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to Faithscrapper

I'm in! Still thinking about my goals, though.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-22-13 05:19 PM
In response to Faithscrapper

Glad to have you again Paula!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-22-13 05:20 PM
In response to justLyn

Okie Dokie Lyn...

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Quay

Im in thanks 30 layouts next months ok so aiming for 60 was a bit of a dream lol

Ill help with dailies again Quay

Ill pay shortly

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-22-13 09:02 PM
In response to julie101

Ohhh Yay Julie... I am so glad to see you back!! 30 it is!!

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
Ohhh Yay Julie... I am so glad to see you back!! 30 it is!!

Cant get rid of me that easy lol

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to julie101

I have not played along in so long, I wanna give it a try again. do you have a Paypal for sending money to, I didn't see one listed. I think my goal will be 5, that would be an Ccomplishment for me lately. thanks, looking forward to it.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-24-13 08:46 PM
In response to BJscrapsalot

• BJscrapsalot Said:
I have not played along in so long, I wanna give it a try again. do you have a Paypal for sending money to, I didn't see one listed. I think my goal will be 5, that would be an Ccomplishment for me lately. thanks, looking forward to it.

I remember you! And I am so glad to see you here again!! Something messed up the post for the email paypal account, so here it is...

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to AnythingGoesChallenge@gma il.com(why their is a space in gmail is beyond me...so don't put one there. hehe)
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.45

I need your name my dear...and I can put you on the paid list!! I can hardly wait to see your work...And welcome again to our little challenge!!

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to Quay

I am in for May motivational and I can do a week of challenges if you need me to but it has to be before the 13th .

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Teresakay

I have paid

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-26-13 03:28 AM
In response to Teresakay

Oh Great Teresa!!! And thanks for the help on the challenges!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-26-13 03:29 AM
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:
I have paid

Fabulous!! I've got ya down!!

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to Quay

I just paid. My name is Bobbie Jo but most people just call me BJ. Thankd again.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-27-13 09:03 AM
In response to BJscrapsalot

I kinda thought so...so BJ it is! I will mark you as paid!

Page 1 of 33 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics