I finished the space audit yesterday. Two of my grand kids (young) spent the night then used "my space" most of the day, for their computer needs. While I was off my game as far as creativity went, it did provide me with time to assess my room, my needs, and my wants/must haves.
To my surprise I had a lot more areas that work well and I am happy with, than areas that just don't work effectively. Most of those areas deal with 8.5x11 card stock, 12x12 pattern paper, embellishments, kits, ribbon, and room decor.
Not only did I identify the area but I started working on a couple of them. I went through the wire drawers to the far left of my standing work space to purge, organize, and dust! I had not realized how long it had been since I went through that area of my studio!! Not to mention how long it has been since I used anything in the lower half of the drawers.
Then I started tackling the work space on top by de-cluttering then rearranging the wire bars and ruler round up shelf that is starting to fall down. I had purchased a second counter just to have a deep enough work space with a multitude of storage on the top too. I can not attach anything major to the walls permanently, it is all free standing. I don't mind as it makes it easier to rearrange.
It looks so much better already that I am ready to tackle more!! The added plus of more work space! I'm ready