Page 5 of 8 
Username Post: Get Organized Week 1: Space Assessment        (Topic#1587221)
Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to rgridings

Hi, hope everyone is doing ok. just poking my head in, I guess I won't receive my week 2 email until Tuesday so Im a lil bored, lol. I did take photos of my space and will be putting them in the "before" thread, forgive my long-windedness but I talked about all my problem areas in my descriptions, I thought that would be the best way, especially for those that aren't as behind as I am. And even though I didn't want to waste budget money before I knew whether I would need to buy anything to organize with, my hubby offered to take me to M's yesterday because I had all these great coupons that were going to expire, soo...I didn't really feel I got the amount of stuff I felt I "needed" for my money, actualy it is depressing to know that I ent way over my monthly budget (without my hubby saying a thing to me, although I know he was upset). I spent $74 and that was with all 50% and 40% off coupons. I got one of those Iris Photo and craft Keepers that have 16 smaller 4x6 comtainers in them, to redo my photo storage, I need advice on the best way to purge things not needing or wanting to scrap and what to do with those pictures and to reorganize the ones I am going to scrap into this keeper. Also I got the Scoth ATG gun, I have wanted for so long, everyone says you can save so much money this, I am off to see if that is correct I also got a pack of Ranger mini misters to make my own sprays with, now I have to find some vid's or something that tells how exactly you do that, lol. not something I "needed" but something I have been wanting to do, I don't have as much inventory as alot of you do, so trying cheaper ways to "get" some of those things I like to use. Also, a recollections 12x12 album for my daughter's high school years and graduation I need to start working on, the album is cool in that it is like chipboardy in color and feel, so I can decorate it for her using her HS colors, some sheet protectors that I hope to use in some binders for organizing things, and Tim Holtz's Crowded Attic 12x12 paper pack. IMHO, not too many items for that amt. of moneuy and not enough organizing stuff. I had wanted to go to staples to get some file dividers that I wanted to use to organize my stickers in a binder but after M's my hubby was not willing to take me there to spend anymore, lol. So now I probably won't be able to buy anything else til we get back from summer vacation in July.
So anyway, please go to the other thread and comment on my disaster area, thanks !

Edited by Scrap Chica on 06-02-13 12:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapcrazy121104
Tenant
scrapcrazy121104
In response to Sewflake

Hi everyone! I realize everyone has been going at this organization thing for weeks and weeks. I just moved to South Carolina and don't have but a few things we had to bring with us. When we do get to move into our new place, with the intent that I'm getting the place I really want, I'm going to have a very small crafting room all to myself!!! I was wondering if I needed to join and if I'm too late to I understand. All of scrapbooking things including pictures are back in Medina, Ohio in a storage unit and I miss them immensely. My goal is to be as organized as I can be when I get my stuff in August and I can be ready to go in my scrapbooking room as quickly as possible. Of course I need to make sure the rest of the house is in order but, anyway, I'm rambling. Thanks for reading.
I've been browsing through the posts and have already downloaded the assessment so that I have it when I move to my new place.

Amy in South Carolina

11ROSES
New Kid On the Block
11ROSES
In response to scrapcrazy121104

Welcome in! This is a self-paced class and people join at various times. I was a few weeks behind myself.

It's really helpful to have everyone post their thoughts; I continually check all the threads for ideas. I hope to be seeing more of your posts in the weeks to come.

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to 11ROSES

Amy,

I feel for you. We just moved and I have been trying to organize my craft room. I have to have 3 work stations because I have to share the room with my husband and daughter. Which isn't bad now that I figured out how to make every thing fit.

I have more organizing in the closet to do but I think I figured out how to get some much needed shelf space. And I think I can put all my stuff i there neatly so I can get to it easily.....

Hopefully you will get the house you want....

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to dorichatelain

Welcome Amy. There's no pressure. You can go as fast or slow as you wish on this course. It's actually good being a little behind, because others have gone through the "pain barrier" first and have some great ideas to share.

rimes
rimes 
New Kid On the Block
rimes
  • rimes on 07-10-13 08:42 AM
In response to Jill

Hi Ladies, I am from Australia and found this wonderful website and love the free classes.

I have mapped my scrapbook room, cleared my 'workspace', made a two page layout using photos of my scraproom, before I started to tidy it up. I have also started writing notes on my Space Assessment Handout. I have also added 5 photos to the 'BEFORE' post and in my Gallery eeeek

Now to sit down and read it to see if there is more to do for Week #1

Edited by rimes on 07-10-13 08:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 07-10-13 11:07 AM
In response to rimes

Welcome to all of our new participants, I'm so happy you found this forum and the Get Organized information. Keep in mind this is an ongoing class so there is no "behind." Relax and enjoy your processes because this information will be here for many years and getting overwhelmed just makes things look worse than they really are.

I heard a great quote the other day from my daughter-in-law. It goes something like this:

You're only one thought away from being happy or unhappy. Let's make our "one thought" carry us to the spaces of our dreams; one action and decision at a time.

Join in with discussions and class information and work at your own pace and budget. It's all good.

Thanks to those of you who post encouragement and solutions for us. You're amazing and I appreciate each of you!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Jill

Um, did anyone else just receive the welcome email and the week 1 email for a second time?

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Um, did anyone else just receive the welcome email and the week 1 email for a second time?

Not me.

scrapmasterlb
Guru
scrapmasterlb
In response to KatieJo

Hi, I am Lisa. I live in a suburb of Kansas City, in Missouri. My first scrap area was in my kitchen and a big rolling tote. My best friend and I took turns hosting crop nights while our kids entertained themselves. Boy that was fun, but I don't think we were organized. But we managed. Back then most of my supplies were kept into two rolling plastic cabinets. (I still have them they are tucked away in a closet in the basement..with various supplies.) Then I was lucky to have all my stuff in a bedroom. I find that my organization depends on what kind of project I will be doing. Oh, I did finish my assessment and even finished a layout for a challenge. Now my studio, is desk in the corner of a basement living area. The desk is surrounded by various baskets, one shelving unit, a cd rack to hold some stamps, a paper storage container to help store the stacks of paper, a tool box that stores my inks, a small portable drawer system that has various tools and punches, a sticker stadium that has 1/4 of my stickers, and one hell of a messy desk. I completed my layout. I should have time it. I did notice that I have some leftovers from a previous project still on my desk that I am planning to use fairly quickly. A pile of stamps that don't fit into my binder system.A stack of ink pads that I haven't put away. Well, you get the idea. I find myself posing this question ; Have I scrapped with this mess so long that it is comfortable? I did realize that I usually clean before starting a big project which includes going through my paper and pulling those that I think I will use and I sort of plan things out on paper. Yes, I will say it I am a list maker. (even with my scrapbooking) Thanks to all the posts I have discovered some new ideas.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to scrapmasterlb

Welcome Lisa! That's good that you've identified how you work. It's strange how we discover these things about ourselves on this class, when we never thought about it before!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to RedSquirrel

Working on my scrapbook inventory now. This excites me....is that weird? Haha.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to mrsrogers52513

LOL No!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

Haha, thank you! My husband looks at me like I'm crazy!

New Kid On the Block
In response to mrsrogers52513

Hello Everyone! I've just signed up for the organizing course (better late than never). My DH is going to be so happy since my studio/office is so unworkable that my papercrafting has been spilling into the living room, the rec room. It is a really mess. I'll take the pictures for the layout but no sure I can even think about doing the layout without a couple of weeks of cleaning ahead. Nevertheless I off to take pictures and get started.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to MrsMac62

Welcome! This is a great course with a lovely lot of ladies willing to share and help. Enjoy!

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 08-07-13 06:12 PM
In response to MrsMac62

Welcome to all who have signed in recently. We're happy you're here and congratulations for being brave.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Jill

Hello all...just started the class this week. So far, I've taken before photos. Tomorrow, my goal is to clear off my workspace by putting everything in boxes. Baby steps, baby steps! I think my worst problem is that any time I see a cute Kleenex box, or a scrap of ribbon, or a bit of paper, I save it, "to be used later." Or maybe my worst problem is buying tons and tons of supplies (product) and I haven't really even started scrapping yet. I've made a few cards and I finally did a Project Life scrapbook of photos of my husband and son. My husband is very ill, so I really wanted to get the scrapbook done. Anyway, I'd like to thank you ladies for having this class. It is going to be so helpful.
BTW, I live in rural northeast Kansas and have a just-turned-20-year-old son.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to HeatherMcD

Welcome! It sounds as if you really need this course to get you going. Let us know how you get on?

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

Welcome! I'm still trying to assess....weeks later. I feel like I'm just moving stuff from one pile to another!

Page 5 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics