Page 3 of 4 
Username Post: Get Organized Week 4: Cardstock and Paper        (Topic#1587227)
Tenant
In response to Kels

So, life happened and I fell a bit behind. The end of the school year always seems so busy.

I just got my pp and cs sorted, I decided to put the cs with the same color pp. I don't know that will be the final decision, but until I have some time to play in my room, I won't know how it works.

I still have it stored horizontally in a wire paper rack that I found when a scrapbooking store was rearranging it's displays. It works for now, but when I can work it into the budget (or piece it together from good sales) I would like to move to a vertical system using the cropper hoppers in the cube shelves as some others have been using (and it will fit in the same spot my paper is in now, so I don't have to rearrange the furniture again).

I didn't realize it until this class, but I basically make kits to put together when I have time later. So when I am working, I will pull out the same stack of paper 4-5 times as the 7 kits I am working on evolve into the final color scheme. If the papers are not exactly lined up or if I am not careful, I catch the corners of the paper on the wires as I put them back in.

Now to see if I can catch up on the lessons, or at least keep pace from here.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to nikkiwhey

Well, most of you are miles ahead of me, but in the last 2 weeks I have been working on cleaning off more shelves, bagging things up and working on current hot messes, that includes this week's CS and PP. So, I had all my CS in a CM paper tote, but I wanted to be able to use that for toting my paper to any crops, events (if and when I ever get to go to one again) and vacations that I think I will actually get scrapping time during :). So, all my pp was in the one and only cropper Hopper system that I own. I took everything out of both containers and started making piles of color regardless if it was CS or PP it went in its color pile, the exception to this was my collections that I have together, I wanted to keep those separate. I don't have anywhere close to the amount of paper I have heard people talk about, obviously if I only own 1 CH right? After doing my ROYGBIV piles I added white, crèmes/browns, grey, pink, black, vellum (which I have plain , colored, and patterned) and multicolored. Then I took my CH system apart, giving my self 5 hoppers. I took 2 of the smaller "pouches" and divided them into sections red and red patterned, orange and orange patterned in 1 and yellow, yell. pp, green & green pp into the other. Then I took the main hopper since it was bigger and put in the rest of the rainbow with dividers between the CS and that colored pp. I also had room for another divider and my Colorbok collections. I still had 2 more small pouches, in the first is my K & Co. & Bo Bunny collections, In the last one I have DCWV, all my Vellum and lastly my multi-colored PP. Now, my only problem is that I was not able to organize the PP by theme after sorting by color because I ran out of space and dividers, some colors at this time, like red, it doesn't matter because I only have 2 pieces of pp, but I'm hoping that will change soon. So my goal when I can go shopping again is to purchase more cropper Hopper systems. Also for lack of organizing materials I did not pull apart my New Tim Holtz collection, I have it standing at the end of my last hopper Pouch along with a pack of 8x11 white cardstock that I did not feed in. I don't have many 8x11's except for this pack of white I bought and a few loose sheets because I don't use them, they were given to me (the colored ones) I usually stick to 12x12.At this time the only other thing I put on the shelf was a clear plastic basket that now holds the 3 8x8 stacks I have and a few 8x8 kits that were sent to me in swaps on here. So for now, until funds change my paper is done! Whew!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Scrap Chica

Yay for you Laura! Have you tried scrapping with it in that system yet? That will be the proof of the pudding.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Not yet, I do have a challenge due, so I will be working on it tonight, we will see

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to claytonrk

I just bought at Lowes a small low to the ground white wooden shelf Two shelves. FOR NOW that is where I store all of my paper and it sucks sort of!!
REALLY want a cropper hopper or scrapbook.com's clear 55.00 dollar paper holder!!!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to claytonrk

All good ideas!!!
I have about 10 pads of pp and that is IT!!!
I am super low on paper right now bc half of that big stack is halloween, winter, christmas (2).
I am on a tight budget now so I need affordable ideas. Thinking of getting the display dynamics from this site (clear and lipless) suggestions??

snoflake517
Veteran
snoflake517
In response to mindygail

I love the look of cropper hoppers, but they are way out of my budget. Someone suggested getting free Priority Mail boxes from the US Post Office (I got these: Priority Mail Box O-1092, size: 12 1/4" x 13 11/16" x 2 7/8"). Free to have them shipped to my house.

I created a template to cut them to be shaped like the cropper hoppers and then cut them down using a razor blade. It was actually pretty easy, fairly quick (creating the template was the hardest part) and I got ten free paper holders!

They are pretty sturdy and I think will work quite nicely. And if they don't work for me, then at least I didn't spend lots (or any) money. Now I just need to make them pretty.

Edited by snoflake517 on 07-12-13 01:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rimes
rimes 
New Kid On the Block
rimes
  • rimes on 07-24-13 03:44 AM
In response to snoflake517

I am loving this 'Get Organized' course. I am actually feeling excited about scrapping again. I am doing the week by week (ok maybe fortnightly rather than weekly lol)and seeing my 'Studio' of my dreams (ok still in my head but its happening).

I have one Cropper Hopper 12x12 paper holder and have decided this will be the best thing for my cardstock. I cut off 2cm from the top to make it fit into my Expedit shelving.
I have just ordered 4 more Paper holders online which each include 6 plastic dividers. They are not 'Cropper Hoppers' but are the same price with an extra 5 plastic dividers (better value).

I have mainly Creative Memories card stock and I have opened every pack and put all of the colours in their own pile. I have so far only sorted Blue, Yellow and Orange (green next). I have put the corresponding scrap pieces of cardstock in a ziplock bag and paper clipped it to the plastic divider in the cropper hopper. I think this will work for me as I always forget where my 'scraps' are. This way they are WITH the 12 x 12 cardstock.
I will sort my Bazzil and Kaisercraft cardstock in colour order ROYGBIV and keep them in a separate Cropper Hopper.
Hopefully my 12 x 12 paper holders arrive this week.
I hope people keep posting on these boards as I love reading what everyone else is doing

Edited to add ... Most of my patterned paper is bought and filed in themes - ie Horses, Motocross, Fishing/Camping, School Days, Girly Stuff so it is already filed in drawers with embellishments and memorabilia that goes with it. Any other patterned paper will be sorted in dominant colour ROYGBIV in another 'Cropper Hopper' paper holder.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by rimes on 07-24-13 04:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

teresatjp
New Kid On the Block
teresatjp
In response to Kels

Help... I've been on vacation a while and now realize I should have saved the organizing emails from earlier and did not. How can I go back and save this material?
I deleted the email while gone.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to teresatjp

Have you any of the e-mails left? Check your Trash? If not, when the next e-mail comes through, at the bottom of each is a link to the complete class material. Click on that and you can download the complete class and save it to your computer.

Cherene
Idol
Cherene

• RedSquirrel Said:
Have you any of the e-mails left? Check your Trash? If not, when the next e-mail comes through, at the bottom of each is a link to the complete class material. Click on that and you can download the complete class and save it to your computer.

I haven't been able to figure out how to download the entire series. I have the first 2 mails but I don't see a place to download - help?

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Cherene

• Cherene Said:
  • RedSquirrel Said:

I haven't been able to figure out how to download the entire series. I have the first 2 mails but I don't see a place to download - help?

I just looked back at my e-mails. The first two e-mails don't include the link to the whole course, but the third week onwards all do. Are you still getting them? Look right at the bottom of the latest, and it should say "(Want to jump ahead? Download the complete class)". "Download the complete class" is a link to the full course content.

Veteran
In response to snoflake517

What a great idea!

Cherene
Idol
Cherene
In response to Mimiof123

No I haven't received #3, that is the problem. I seem to have dropped off the email list and I am trying to get back on - of course I am ready for week 3 and chomping the bit to get going on things. Anyway you can send the link?

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Cherene

Sure Cherene, if you PM me your e-mail address, I can forward the Week 3 e-mail to you.

But I also suggest you report the non-receipt in the Tech Issues thread that Megan set up, then they'll be able to investigate what's going wrong. Stupid question, but you have checked your spam folder, haven't you? Sorry - I had to ask!

grandmamichelf
Veteran
grandmamichelf

I read through this week and thought to myself "I really need to look at stuff in the SB store and decide what I want to do in the little space I have." Then my daughter helped me decide. Two of those cropper hoppers that expand look terrific and will probably fit on my shelf on my desk. I hope they will. I'm gonna ask my husband to do some measuring. Plus those containers for stickles and small embellishments will be perfect (but that's a different week anyway).

Now to the daunting task of figuring out how to sort all the papers and cardstock that I have. I try and then I get tired of figuring out the patterned paper. And then I realize I have some ugly papers from when I first started scrapping.

New Kid On the Block
In response to grandmamichelf

Can someone please forward Week 4 to me? I am unable to download Weeks 1-4 and really want Week 4. Thank you in advance. momscone@comcast.net

Edited by Susan C on 01-23-14 06:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mroberts3
Tenant
mroberts3
In response to Susan C

Had a good week playing with paper - I LOVE playing with paper. Mine was already organized by color (card stock and patterned together, since that's how I use them) and a few themes (travel, sports, birthday, and a few more), using a Cropper Hopper. I had dividers (had saved all of the covers from blocks of paper, plus had some cardboard the right size) with tabs in the front showing the colors and themes, but they were always getting pushed back in and just weren't easy to see, so this week I moved all the tabs to the top - much easier to see! After reading these posts, I realize I didn't deal with my smaller paper (mat stacks and so on); they're not sorted and just dumped in a box. So here I go!

Livlaughnscrap
Idol
Livlaughnscrap
In response to mroberts3

Soooo... I froze on this week 4 class about sorting paper! Need to do... but need more Cropper Hopper storage... so frozen here!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Livlaughnscrap

I thought I had my papers organized quite well and that this weeks challenge would be finished quickly.... Ha! I was sooooo wrong! I have also discovered that I need more storage. I am using this:

http://www.ikea.com/se/sv/catalog/product s/30151808/

I like it a lot. I have removed the top drawer since the 12 x 12 papers are to high, and I love to see the papers. Hiding is not for me!

Now I need another one, because I would like to sort by color with each color divided into three categories: cardstock, special papers (like papers with glitter on them) and patterned paper. Doing it that way takes up more space, since I am storing cardstock Cropper Hoppers today. I guess I will have to make a temporary solution since I cant afford a visit to IKEA right now....

Page 3 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics