Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: Photos of Your Space: BEFORE        (Topic#1587285)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 04-22-13 02:35 PM

Please feel free to share a link or embed a photo of your space BEFORE you start the challenge :)

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Kels

I know...all of you at sb-central, just want some new people to laugh at on Hoarders, don't you? Or you're planning to start your own show called The Messers. Let me go find a maid service so I can show my Before picture :>) ~Judy

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 05-01-13 03:58 PM
In response to Kels

Any photos posted in here are from VERY BRAVE people who are working on Scrapbook.com's Get Organized Challenge. No judgement comments, just encouragement, please.

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 05-01-13 04:06 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

LOL Judy! I'm not into reality TV shows because I have my own thing going at home...

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Jill

I've never actually seen any of the shows, mainly because I don't get them on our cable...and I don't want to chance seeing myself on TV. I don't need to judge anyone else's mess, er, beautifully organized scrap space, since mine is a complete disaster...but I'll take some pics before I do a little clean-up. I amaze myself at how much of a mess I can make to do a project or two!~Judy

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 05-01-13 04:50 PM

Sounds like you get totally into the "zone" when you do projects. I have a friend who starts creating at her cleaned off table and within a few hours is working off of her LAP because there's no more room on the table. She produces amazing pieces of art from that lap, and cleans up afterward--so much so that it looks like she was never there.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 04:52 PM
In response to Jill

Eeesh... I already knew my scrap "area" was bad... but it is bad on a WHOLE 'nother level when seen through the lense of a camera. Yikes. I might have to clean up a bit and then take another set of "before" pics. LOL!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

Vae—I took my before pics, before cleaning up a space to work. I basically do like Jill's friend, except I don't really make "amazing pieces of art", but I have fun playing :>) Then I clean up as well as I can for the space I'm currently using...and then mess it all up again, so I'll use Really Messy Pics and Cleaned-Up Messy Pics for my LO~Judy

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-01-13 06:08 PM

Here's one 'before'. I love this trolley (Ikea Raskog), it's stuffed full and mostly useful but needs refinement - i.e., the bag full of all sorts of different embellies on the second tier, I have to rifle through the entire thing just to remember what's there. The first tier has lots of stuff stacked on top of other stuff. And I just got a few more Distress Paints and Stains that need to be incorporated (with a goal to obtaining all of them)

Ikea Raskog trolley By Stick

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to stick

That looks really handy for you, Kara. I know your problem on the top tier...those stickles, liquid pearls, etc. have a way of multiplying! They fit so perfectly...then they find friends and we keep pushing them in to fit, but eventually...there is NO more room. But if you're like me, that doesn't stop you from buying more :>) ~Judy

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 08:33 PM

Alright... I've done some cleaning and here is my scrapspace at it's very best. This is after Option #2, Plan B (Clean Up). I took before before pictures but I think I'll be keeping those to myself LOL

Scrapspace 1 By Vae

Scrapspace 2 By Vae

Since I'm currently in a 1 BR apartment, it's far less than ideal. Descriptions are on each pic. Not sure how much we are supposed to post here?

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 05-02-13 09:20 PM
In response to stick

I think its great your cart can fit in the closet and is easily accessible. I really like that the sides on the shelves help keep items from falling. Thanks for sharing.

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 05-02-13 09:24 PM
In response to Vae

Those are some nice organizational pieces in your photos Vae, and an admirable use of the space you have. Thank you for sharing.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Jill

I've just loaded my Before pics into my gallery ... there are more than a few so I put them into ONE project

I should've combined them like Vae did! Great idea!!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to tanyaham

my scrap area By Rockmom
Ribbon Storage By Rockmom

one of the folders By Rockmom

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-03-13 12:08 PM
In response to rockmom

Well, after seeing Tanya and Denise's pics, I'm starting to get worried about my grade in this class. I hope we're not going to be graded on a curve! LOL Fabulous rooms ladies!

dlanvinson
Resident
dlanvinson
In response to Vae

OMG! So the pictures I see here as the before pics are way cleaner than my area even when it is "clean". LOL!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to dlanvinson

Maybe this will make you feel better Dian!

Before:
Rosey's scrap corner - before By RedSquirrel

I must explain that my scrap area is shared with the study, music, DH's computers, sewing, cameras and the treatment area. Other than the desk and the wall shelves, I only have the bottom shelf of the bookcase for my scrapping stuff.

The desk here is unusually covered with post-birthday, pre-crop mess. More usually it looks like this:

Rosey's scrap corner - after initial tidy-up By RedSquirrel

Sewflake
Idol
Sewflake
In response to RedSquirrel

I did minimal (15 minutes or less) clean up this morning in case of visitors, then started getting things out for a layout this afternoon.

scraproom 1 view before By Sewflake

scraproom 2 view before By Sewflake

scraproom 3 view before By Sewflake

scraproom 4 view before By Sewflake

The room is about 10x12 plus the closet with the file cabinet as the only non crafting exclusive item in the room.

Yes the room is yellow just not as yellow as the photo taken directed towards the window.

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 05-03-13 03:24 PM
In response to tanyaham

Love the paint color you have in your studio rocksmom. And your wire shelves are a versatile plus.

Redsquirrel and Rosie have some cool organizing already going on; looked are your studios for several minutes each...:)

Thank you all for taking the time to share.

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics