Username Post: "Following"        (Topic#1587301)
angiegirtz
Veteran
angiegirtz

Good morning! I have a question- I finally got everything pretty much figured out on here, then life got crazy (crazier), & I haven't been here much, & it looks like everything has changed... Can someone tell me - what is the difference with "friends" & "following"? I have a lot of wonderful friends on here... It looks like I am following a few & some are following me - not sure what that means. If anyone has any thoughts, I would appreciate it! Thanks!
Angie

Roosterhead designs
Diva
Roosterhead designs
In response to angiegirtz

Hi Angie, I'm not sure - but... I think:
Your friends are still your friends (same as B4) and you are still able to see when they post, and they can still see your activity (if you allow this on your activity set-up) - same as B4.
Following (people you are following) used to be called 'favorite' (I think it was called favorite artists?) Your favorite artists may - or may not- be your 'friends' - I had a few 'favorite artists' whom I never asked to be my friend - I just liked to see when they posted something new...)Whenever a favorite artist would post something new, it would show up in my activity stream; [because I marked them fav.]
I don't think I need to mark my friends as people I'm 'following' - since my friends work already shows up anyway! but many seem to be doing that - so maybe I AM missing something?~
I too would love to hear from someone who IS sure of what's up! HA HA ~Karen

angiegirtz
Veteran
angiegirtz
In response to Roosterhead designs

I think you may be right, Karen - that makes sense. I will have to check who I am "following". It is a little confusing... Appreciate the help! Hope all is well with you!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to angiegirtz

Exactly....following used to be favorites. Just streamlined things a bit.

angiegirtz
Veteran
angiegirtz
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Thanks, Megan... Old dog, new tricks - takes me a while to figure stuff out

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics