Username Post: close up problems        (Topic#1587351)
scraphouse
Governor
scraphouse

I used a powershot A3400 IS on my last lo. When you click on the post for the close up, its blurry in places. This is a new camera and ive always had that problem with it. My old camera , an old Canon, takes pics that look really great on close up. I couldn't use it because it has battery problems. It goes through double A's like water. Is there a way I could get good close ups from my A3400? I looked in the manual awhile ago and couldn't find an answer.

Veteran
In response to scraphouse

Not every lens lets you take "macro" pictures as close as others. that could be the difference between the two cameras.

Or going by what you said, maybe its a depth of field issue? Is part of the image in focus with the stuff in front and behind that out of focus? It could just be a large aperture which gives you a narrow dof. If you use a smaller aperture it will increase what is "in focus".

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to GeraldFagan

I would use the Macro and make sure that the camera focuses on subject before taking the picture.

I had a Canon Photoshot G9 and now my hubby gave me a G15 and I love it.....

Edited by Martica on 05-20-13 09:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Veteran
In response to Martica

I find the easiest way to take a macro shot with a macro lens is to turn auto focus off, adjust the focus to as close as it will go, and move your camera in and out to adjust focus manually. that way you will get as close of a shot as you can.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to GeraldFagan

My mom has a Powershot point and shoot too and I always have problems taking close ups with it. Have you tried a tripod?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics