Username Post: creating a card making kit- for kids        (Topic#1587379)
Expert

Looking for the perfect components to make a card making kit for a 9 yr old that loves to make cards. I figured the best would be to get ready cut cards, but...what embellishments would be good for her age group? I was thinking about cutting out some rectangles and other shapes to put on the cards.
Other than birthday embellies..what else would girls like?
WOuld love any ideas for this special gift.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to deedee49

Ribbon, buttons, flowers, and a marker for doodling. A couple of stamps and a stamp pad would be fun, too.

nanof8 
Tenant
In response to deedee49

I made up kits for my granddaughters of christmas cards from cards that i had already done. They loved making them with me. They were 6 & 8 then.

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to nanof8

Lovely idea, I'm sure she'll love card kit!

Rhinestones, stickers, glitter glue. You may also try looking at the little wooden cutouts at Michael's, they tend to have sunglasses, animals, and many seasonal ones that might work for her.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-25-13 09:52 AM
In response to michellesmakingmemories

I would probably add some Alpha stickers for the fronts of the cards. Might even be something fun you can do with any leftover alphas.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap
In response to Vae

How about something like this. Card making station

Expert
In response to borntoscrap

• borntoscrap Said:

Very cute idea!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to deedee49

I would definitely find an Iris tub or decorative container with lid to hold the items. Glue dots or easy to use adhesive in dispenser, GEL pens, precut cards or a simple trimmer and pack of cardstock. She is old enough to learn to use the trimmer and it would be a lifetime tool. A few basic punches... the Fiskars squeeze punches are easy and safe. They make a nice corner rounder. Also some stamps and a basic stamp pad. If you give her basic tools and include a "coupon" for a few free lessons with you, she can have the items and skills to keep up her creative crafting. I auctioned off a kit like this at the school carnival. It was bid on a lot and got a good price. One of our big box stores has gorgeous and fun boxes with magnetic closures.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to borntoscrap

• borntoscrap Said:

this is wonderful

Expert
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Pink, those are great ideas. I will be sure to use them. I'll make a crafter out of one of these kids yet..ha ha.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics