Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Bought an ATG        (Topic#1587381)
scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica

So after countless times of reading about how great the ATG was here in the forums, I finally gave in and bought it today. I used it without problems for the first time tonight. I must say it was much easier to load than expected after reading prior posts. It's "stickiness" is pretty good. And really, 2 cents per foot versus 9 cents per foot of my MyStik refills I love, I can't beat it. I do find it large, but it isn't as cumbersome as I first expected. So far so good!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to scrapchica

Another ATG fan!

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to Luvmyfam

I love my ATG. You'll get used to it and not find it too big or cumbersome in no time!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to crichards1

Love my ATG and you will find that you love it more and more. The nice thing is it is a little harder to lose in your mess

alysmom09
Expert
alysmom09
In response to Sneezy1956

YAY! I too love mine! Congrats!

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to alysmom09

I just love my ATG 714, and it even works on small pieces of paper. It's all in the wrist

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to meezerpleaser

Had one ... hated it ... sold it. I'm definitely in the minority on this one!

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to dwelch

I love mine... I use it for everything...

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

yep; been loving mine for 5 years now.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Sunnydi

The ATG is too big for me. I use the pro-glide with new cartridges that go in both directions

Edited by jaxxan on 06-13-13 08:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to jaxxan

Another happy owner here. I DO wish they would make a little cap or cover that goes over the tape part because having the sticky edge always showing makes it very hard to take to a class, etc.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Love my ATG as well!

alysmom09
Expert
alysmom09
In response to mrsrogers52513

Congrats! I love mine as well! Have had it for several months now

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake
In response to alysmom09

I had the opportunity to use one during a class, a few years back. Darned if I could get use to the "hold the trigger in, then release the trigger to end/break the tape" so I gave up and went back to what ever I was use to using. More time passed and it came about that I needed to mass produce cards for something or other. Well back to the ATG.... I finally got the hang of the thing and bought one for myself using 1/2 tape for cards. The lady that originally had the ATG I learned on never did get the hang of it so she gave me hers. YEA, now I have two, one for scrapping 1/4 inch (ATG 714) and one for card making 1/2 inch (ATG 700) with non acid free tape. Don't know what I would do without either one of them!!!

Prenticekid
New Kid On the Block
Prenticekid
In response to Sewflake

I love mine. I don't lose it under all the creating going on.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Prenticekid

LUCKY!!! I tried the scotch ATG Gun at MIcheals and it barley worked . I took it back and got and exchange and tried it again still had trouble the tape would mess up. I dont know how to describe my issues with it. Can anyone reccommend a great working atg????

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to mindygail

Hey Mindy, I ordered mine direct from 3M in the UK, but they sell them here at a great price too.

It's strange that you had the same thing from Michael's not work. They should be the exact same product. You do have to have the correct tape though, not just any 1/4" double-sided tape. It has to be reverse-wound specifically for a dispenser, and it has to be loaded correctly, but that's not hard once you get the knack. There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing how to do it.

And using it, you have to hold the trigger in when you're rolling the dispenser, then let go and kid of pull the roller towards you just off the paper rather than lifting the roller off the paper. It's hard to describe, and the co-ordination does take a little practise. And it's harder if you're left-handed, because the tape will be on the side of the roller that you can't see. But I can use it in either hand now.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to RedSquirrel

I've thought about getting a second ATG just for card-making... that's how much I love my ATG! It does take a little getting used to but you get used to it. I don't know how I crafted without it!

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to married05

I just finished and changed out my first roll with no problems by following the instructions in the box. The ATG came with a box of refills, so I know I had the right ones. Pink ATG from HL. Some people have talked about having issues opening it; mine popped right open with no problems.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

OK maybey I am just clumsy or something idk.
I am going to buy a new atg at Joanns instead!!!
That should work better!!!!
thanks for the help!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics