Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Cameo Silhouette images        (Topic#1587387)
creater1
Diva
creater1

What are some of your favorite images?

Use frequently images?

Must have images?

I still new to the Silhouette and would love to know what are some of your favs. TIA

shygypsy
Tenant
shygypsy
In response to creater1

I don't have a silhouette as of yet, but would like to get one. Will be keeping an eye on this thread.

akiko

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to shygypsy

Now is the time to load up on images they are 50% off. You should check out the website.

Even without a machine you can still download the most recent software and print your images that you purchase and cut them out yourself. Not as precise but it will get you familiar with the software and you can re-color most of the designs.

If I would have know that before I got my machine I might have been willing to make tages and just cut them into shapes and print the images on them to avoid cutting.

They have a fabulous membership plan that works for most.

I just downloaded a ton of images with my membership.

shygypsy
Tenant
shygypsy
In response to creater1

I have never looked at their website until now. I am on my lunch break at work and love the images that I have seen so far!

akiko

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to shygypsy

I love the one piece titles, doilies, borders, flourishes, flowers, leaves and tag shapes. After those I go for items that work for a LO I am working on or know I will be working on.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to rockmom

I like the intricate doilies, borders/frames and flourishes and have most of the overlays. I have a lot of words and tons of snowflakes since I do snow pages for travel albums. I've got the puzzles, which I want to use for birthday cards for a couple of grandkids. I like the gates...they go neat on cards. Flower pieces are good so I can make my own to match what I'm working on. Love it all. I have over 4,000, but I want MORE! It's so nice that one design can be made any size I want it.~Judy

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to mrsdriver5

Happy Birthday Judy!!
4000 is a lot of images! I have about 2000 total, and was wondering if getting another subscription would be wasteful, but I guess I need to keep collecting!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to ChansGram

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

I was wondering about renewing my membership this past year, but obviously I'm still finding plenty to buy. There are always new ones coming out and for the price and the good I get out of them, it seems well worth it. Now I just need to let my pocketbook build up again for the next sale :>) ~Judy

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

WOW Judy 4,000??? I feel like a newbie as I only have about 350. Of course I just joined in December!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-25-13 07:31 PM
In response to terrihooper

I have a paltry 51 images... guess I need to pick up the pace.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to Vae

How can you tell the image # once you have downloaded it?

I have seen some post the image number on their supply list but yet I can only see it in the store.

I am sure that I am missing it when I am view my images in MY LIBRARY.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to creater1

All of them, lol

I've stocked up on basic sets of hearts and stars in fun styles, also frames and mats in fancy bracket shapes, circles, rectangles, and squares with fancy edges (like you get with a border punch but easier and the edges come out even). Fancy borders. Silhouette cut-out cards. Word phrases are also nice for titles, and at 99 cents (and now 1/2 off with the sale!) if you only use it on one layout it's still a great deal compared to buying pre-made titles.

So far I've mostly used my Cameo to cut out letters from fonts I already have on my computer. You can also use it to cut out shapes from dingbat (picture) fonts. I have cats so I downloaded a bunch of free cat dingbat fonts so I have plenty of cat shapes to choose from.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-25-13 08:38 PM
In response to animemama

Jackie, on my Silhouette Studio, on the left side it says Show All Designs (82) and below that it says My Library (51). That's the only indicator I see...

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to creater1

• creater1 Said:
How can you tell the image # once you have downloaded it?

I have seen some post the image number on their supply list but yet I can only see it in the store.

I am sure that I am missing it when I am view my images in MY LIBRARY.

Do you mean the item number of the image? The only way I know to find it after it's downloaded is to sign in to your Silhouette account, go to My Downloaded History, then click on each individual download and it shows each image in that download, along with the image number. On the right-hand side of the download list, there is a button to push to print the list, so I guess you could print it out and have a record of your downloads, complete with the image number.

If there is a way to see it right from the Library, I don't know what it is.~Judy

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-26-13 07:09 AM

Oh I think I misunderstood... what is the image number used for? I never noticed that there was one.

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to Vae

Good morning Vae,

When some people upload their LO's to the gallery, they include the design number in 'Other Products Used', so if a fellow SOS user wanted to use that image they can search it up quickly on the SOS.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-26-13 10:20 AM
In response to Momto3infinity

Oooh that makes sense Thanks!

Does the silhouette store keep you from buying an image you already have bought? I buy stuff all the time at the store and then when I go to put it away I discover that I already own the same thing... I could see that happening a lot during these sales

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

Once you put something in your shopping cart on the Silhouette site, it will be shown as In Your Cart...or something like that, then after you've bought it, it will say something like "You Own This"...but, some designs are on the site more than once. Probably sometimes by accident, but usually because it might be on as a Print & Cut, shown by the P next to the image and as a regular design. (Or S for Sketch or R for Rhinestone...I think those are the only choices.) But usually all the design's formats will be together so you can easily see if you already own (or have in your cart) one just like it, but in a different format. Hope I haven't lost you... :>)

There will still be mess-ups once in a while where a design's formats might not all be together, but usually it seems to work good. Of course this won't work if you choose to only search for Sketches. Then you obviously wouldn't see the other formats the design might be in.

Do I have you totally confuzzled? Basically the answer is "yes"...the store keeps track ~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Also, Vae...if you only have 51 images, then you only have the ones that came with the Cameo. Justartguy007 gave the tip to type 50 in the store's search bar. It will show several pages of more free shapes.

Also, every Tuesday they show a free design to download and also put a page of half-price designs. Of course right now, that's a moot point since the whole site is half-price, but I always check the site on Tuesdays to get my freebie and see if there are any 1/2 priced ones I want to buy. They stay on the site through the following Monday, then are replaced with new ones on Tuesday.

I take all the freebies, even if they don't look like something I'd use...but they're free! Most designs can be ungrouped, so you might be able to use just part of the design for something else, like a flourish or something.~Judy

cindy71
Resident
cindy71

I'm up to 500 but 128 of that is fonts. I love fonts. I've had the subscription for almost two years and love it.

I hadn't used the store in quite awhile because of work so I had pretty close to $300 credit in my account. When I saw the 50% off, I went crazy and spent nearly all of it.

Like a lot of people, I almost always get the free image every week because you just never know. After that, I have a few favorite artists/companies. Echo Park, of course. I love all their print and cut items. Especially their arrows and banners.

I think my favorite images are great titles and simple shapes that can be used in a lot of layouts. Banners, pennants, scrolls, flourishes, chevrons, etc.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics