Username Post: Dry Emobssing        (Topic#1587399)
dabnat
dabnat 
Expert
dabnat

I currently have the Sizzix Texture Boutique and love the embossing. Does anyone know of a machine that will actually dry emboss a full sheet of 12 x 12 paper?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-25-13 08:12 AM
In response to dabnat

The Big Shot pro is 12" wide, but as far as I know there are currently no 12" wide embossing folders on the market, although you can make your own, of course.

dabnat
dabnat 
Expert
dabnat
In response to stick

I have been making my own for quite some time. Once you get the hang of it - it isn't too hard. I still buy some when they are on sale. Do you have the fuse system? Wondering what their largest plate measures.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to dabnat

This product is suppose to emboss a 12" paper. I've never used it though so I can't really tell you anything about it.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to stick

• stick Said:
The Big Shot pro is 12" wide, but as far as I know there are currently no 12" wide embossing folders on the market, although you can make your own, of course.

Make your own 12" embossed folder? Please, do tell! I hate going hunting for embossed paper in big sizes.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-25-13 08:28 PM
In response to scrapchica

The best tutorial I've seen is here
http://melstampz.blogspot.com/2009/02/custom-emboss ing-...

I haven't used cereal boxes, but I've made them with 3 or 4 thicknesses of cardstock, cut with the same exact pattern and glued together. A bit time consuming but custom! So cool! I've only made smaller ones cause I have a standard Big Shot, but the same techniques apply.

dabnat
dabnat 
Expert
dabnat
In response to stick

I use chip board, cereal boxes, whatever I can get my hands on, then cut a pattern on my Pazzle machine and glue them to the opposite sides of thick card stock that is folded to make the folder. I learned the technique from a video on you tube it works pretty well as long as you aren't doing extremely detailed patterns. I just bought some thick plastic and have not tried cutting it yet, hopefully within the next month I will get to that project. I also do some embossing with my Pazzle machine but not everyone can use it at the same time on club night and a 12 x 12 page takes a while so the folders work out better.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics