Username Post: Reinker Question        (Topic#1587451)
cindy71
Resident
cindy71

Okay, so I'm all about recycling. I buy Versamark reinker and Memento Tuxedo Black reinker and love them. I have several Distress reinkers that I use on an acrylic block to paint or splattered on my layouts. But I have yet to actually reink the ink pad on any of my Distress Inks. Why? Because by the time I run out of any given color, the pads are a little worn and it's almost as cheap to go ahead and purchase a fresh one as it is to reink. If you catch the ink pads on sale, there is usually only a fifty cent difference. Does anyone else experience similar problems or am I just being too brutal with my ink pads?

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to cindy71

i have the distress inks and have only used them on cardstock and paper but yes they do 'fray'

Scrapjanny
Resident
Scrapjanny
In response to Just G

I do the same thing. I use most of my re-inkers for techniques rather than to actually re-ink my pads. There are only a few exceptions. Like you, once my inkpad starts to fray, I'd rather buy a new one once it's out of ink.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Scrapjanny

Hmmmm, this is interesting. I just did get some reinkers to re-ink pads. Have not thought about using them otherwise as I have so many distress inks. I have one petal point style chalk inks and haven't used it all THAT much and noticed one of the "petals" is torn. I wondered if it is just this type. My TH and other's are fine.

I JUST purchased some of the CHOX mix media ink, but not the reinkers yet. What is your experience with those?

cindy71
Resident
cindy71
In response to CrimsonMama

I don't have any experience with the CHOX, but I did try some of the petal point style chalk inks and just wasn't impressed. I didn't like the drying time, the intensity of the color, or the durability of the ink pad. I love Distress and I'm pretty fond of Memento. I've been hesitant to try the Stampin' Up colors because they seem to be a little more pricey and seem to be tied to a specific collection/catalog, but I could be wrong.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to cindy71

I love chalk ink but yes it's way different looking. I can see why it's not everyone's cup of tea. Chox has extended drying time too, so might not be a fave of yours either.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to CrimsonMama

I guess I'm the exception because I have almost all of the TH reinkers and have reinked a lot of my pads and they are still going strong.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-26-13 08:15 PM
In response to Sneezy1956

Same here.. I've had a couple start to fray- walnut stain and black soot since I use them the most. I haven't ever purchased the reinkers. In addition to the fraying, I also have a terrible time with embossing powder getting into my ink pads. I'm not very careful I guess. So when they're done I'd rather just get a new one anyway.

cindy71
Resident
cindy71
In response to Vae

I am not careful either. I get embossing powder all over them and then they just don't seem right somehow. Glad I'm not the only one!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics