Username Post: SN@P 6x8 binders -- how many pages fit?        (Topic#1587457)
Capucine
Idol
Capucine

Can someone tell me how many page protectors fit in the 6x8 SN@P albums? I would like to use them to do PL-style albums of our past trips to FL but before buying I need to know if I'll have enough space to include everything.

Thanks!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Capucine

I am currently working on an album using one of these albums and so far I have 13 page protectors, 3 chipboard dividers, and 3 paper inserts in it. I am not a bulky scrapper and it is about 3/4 of the way full as far as how high the pages are stacked looking at the flat side of the binder rings (make sense?). I am hoping to get at least 2 more chipboard dividers and 6-8 more page protectors in it... hoping...

One thing I can tell you is, the page protector photo slots are bigger than the sizes they say they are and the Sn@p and simple stories papers slide around in them unless you mat them on other paper cut to fit the slots. I was greatly disappointed that they were not good matches like the normal Project Life kits are. This is much more work to use the products that were supposedly designed to go with the page protectors.

Expert
In response to Shutterbugg

I've done 3 Snap albums recently. The fullest one I made has the 3 chipboard tab pages, 27 page protectors and 9 PP pages. I used it for our 3 day trip to Minnesota/Mall of America and included several brochures which made some protectors thicker than others. While it doesn't look "too full" based off the cover, there are probably too many pages for the rings--the top couple of pages are starting to bend/slide up over the rings (I'm afraid the top page will eventually rip out).

Another book I did has the 3 chipboard pages, 20 page protectors and 15 PP pages--this one looks better when you look at the rings. The 3rd album is not quite finished yet so I don't know about that one.

All of the albums' pages would be considered "flat"--no thick embellishments/pop-dots/r ibbon,etc. There may be layers of PP & CS beneath a photo though. They've worked great for a summer daily (like a December Daily, but for summer) I did last year and for one that featured some of our big fall activities, but I don't know that I would do another trip in one--depends on the number of photos I take...and I tend to take a lot!

Simple Stories
Veteran
Simple Stories
In response to Shutterbugg

• Shutterbugg Said:
I am currently working on an album using one of these albums and so far I have 13 page protectors, 3 chipboard dividers, and 3 paper inserts in it. I am not a bulky scrapper and it is about 3/4 of the way full as far as how high the pages are stacked looking at the flat side of the binder rings (make sense?). I am hoping to get at least 2 more chipboard dividers and 6-8 more page protectors in it... hoping...

One thing I can tell you is, the page protector photo slots are bigger than the sizes they say they are and the Sn@p and simple stories papers slide around in them unless you mat them on other paper cut to fit the slots. I was greatly disappointed that they were not good matches like the normal Project Life kits are. This is much more work to use the products that were supposedly designed to go with the page protectors.

Hi there! I saw your post and wanted to comment. I'm the Marketing Director at Simple Stories. We've since corrected the size issue on the 6x8 page protectors. I'd be happy to send you a replacement set of page protectors as soon as we receive the shipment from overseas. Please send me an email with your address to layle@simplestories.com and I'll get you taken care of. Thanks!

Simple Stories
Veteran
Simple Stories
In response to Capucine

• Capucine Said:
Can someone tell me how many page protectors fit in the 6x8 SN@P albums? I would like to use them to do PL-style albums of our past trips to FL but before buying I need to know if I'll have enough space to include everything.

Thanks!

Hi there! The Sn@p binders come with 8 pre-printed pages, 10 Pocket Pages (page protectors) and 3 kraft chipboard dividers. With those items, the album is about half full. If you were to use those items and add additional Pocket Page page protectors, you could probably include another 15-20, depending on whether you're just adding photos or adding additional embellishments that will add more volume.

Hope that helps!

Capucine
Idol
Capucine
In response to Simple Stories

Thank you all for your replies. About 30 flat pages (page protectors) would be perfect for me. I fell in love when I saw a pic of the new 6x8 faux-leather binders a few months ago so as soon as they are for sale in May I will buy a few.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics