Username Post: What is the worst room in your house?        (Topic#1587463)
scrapperb2
Diva
scrapperb2

I absolutely hate my bathroom. There isn't one area I like. I wish I could have a bathroom makeover. I have ideas, but not enough funds.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to scrapperb2

The kitchen. Not nearly enough counter space or storage and the cupboards there are go all the way to the ceiling, so short little me can only reach half of them without a step ladder. Severely dated decor, too. Waiting for DH to replace the 70's light fixture that features a wooden rolling pin in it!

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to Karen B

My kitchen to small and not enough counter space. I can't wait to move this summer I am on the hunt for a place with a much larger kitchen I dislike not having enough counter space.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-27-13 04:45 PM
In response to Als_Gal

Um, all of it? lol. It's not bad, it's just that it's a small apartment, and DH and I have a lot of interests and hobbies. Would love to move, but since we've been here for several years and it's rent controlled, the thought of having to pay double our current rent to MAYBE get something bigger is seriously irksome. Not to mention that our current rent is already higher than mortgages in other parts of the country.

Edited by stick on 04-27-13 09:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to stick

Im actually pretty happy right now with the whole house...what I would like is a patio outside the back door. We dont have one there now and its a PITA to keep moving the picnic tables and grill to mow all summer long.

Scrapperb2...depending on what type of re-do you want for your bathroom, may I suggest stalking the mistint paint section of your Lowe's or Home Depot? You can find $40/gal paint often for $5. A new shower curtain, rug and towel set goes a long way to sprucing up the place, as does new cabinet knobs on the vanity. We re-did our bathroom with new paint for walls and ceiling, and a new rug,window valance and repainted the vanity and med cabinet and hardware all for less than $70 bucks.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to ScrappyMama6

my basement... it's unfinished, and had creepy crawlies in it (I hate spiders!), it leaks when it rains, and it's just too low (I'm almost 6' tall, and smack my head on the ceiling/floor joists all the time). There isn't much we can do about the height - not unless we lift the house, but that takes way too much $$$. We do plan at some point to dig around the house and redo the weeping tile, and mend the cracks from the outside. It will take some work, but I hope it will help. But in the mean time, I live with it. And keep a can of RAID handy. I "redid" my laundry room by stapling sheets of cardboard to the top of the ceiling and painting them. I plan on buying some white plastic table cloths and stapling those to the ceiling. It will help keep the dust down, and make the room seem more finished.

caliscrapper
Expert
caliscrapper
In response to KristaDee

right now I would say my kitchen...there is hardly any room for a table (and I don't have a dining room) there is plenty of counter space but the tile is cracked, chipped and falling off the back splash. My cupboards were installed poorly. I'd love a new kitchen makeover which included pushing the wall out about 3 feet to add more space for the table, and lower cabinets so there is decorative storage space at the top.

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to caliscrapper

Considering we just moved 1 week ago I have to say NONE OF THEM!!!!!!

Now if we are talking about our old home we just moved from... Well all of them....

We lived in an 36 foot fifth wheel travel trailer We lived in it for 7 years. before that was 2 other trailers.

It was nice, but as time went on we got tired of the small space. We were always on top of each other, the kitchen was 4 feet long. I am not kidding. The bathroom was like a closet. And the bedroom was so small I had to crawl out of bed

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to dorichatelain

Our box room is the one that annoys me the most. I have a dehumidifier in there and we use it for drying clothes in the winter, but it is stuffed with Grandpa's bedroom furniture and there isn't space to breathe.

One day we're going to move it all out, and install floor-to-ceiling shelving covered with a curtain all across one end of the room, and put the camp bed in the remaining space for that extra visitor.

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to RedSquirrel

I can relate to boxes driving you crazy. I have a garage full of boxes. We had a storage unit for 11 years and it seems I am the one who gets to go through all the boxes. I wish I could twitch my nose (like bewitch) and have them all taken care of.

I had a good portion of the boxes gone then came the new furniture with all the boxes they came in and then it was all the boxes I emptied, and the 64 inch tv box. That we have to keep for 2 years until the warranty is gone. I hate that part. I will get through these boxes if they kill me...

Diva

My bedroom. Have never decorated it and is just plain.

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to bayamonesa1

I love my bedroom. It is big and cozy. It has dark blue carpet and medium gray sheer curtains (our bed rooom window over looks our very secluded back yard)
We had to buy new furniture for the bed room so we are just starting the decorating part. Our bathroom is ocean theme with grays and blues.

scrapperb2
Diva
scrapperb2

The worst room in my house is the bathroom. I hate everything about it. What was I thinking wh en we chose the color scheme without thought. Now I want to redo it, but my other half is not thrilled about it. I admit I just completed my kitchen and it is quite lovely and I got the granite countertops I wanted and more. But every time I walk into that bathroom I cringe. If I could I would close my eyes. I even had a dimmer switch installed! Men--wish I could do it myself.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to scrapperb2

the garage. there is just too much stuff in it.

3LittleLadies
Resident
3LittleLadies
In response to Lamoo12

My laundry room. I just dislike doing laundry.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 3LittleLadies

I love my house but it is very dated - especially inside. The kitchen is huge but so poorly designed. You can't open the refrigerator and the pantry at the same time. Its just all wrong. I would love to redesign the entire kitchen and update every room in my house.

I have zero flair for decorating or colors so my house is very bland and blah. Every room in it.

My master bath is 18 1/2' x 18 1/2' but looks like it came from right out of the late 70's or early 80's. Boring, boring, boring but so much potential to be adorable.

Hate the garage the most - Bill is a hoarder and you can hardly walk through it. He keeps everything in there - no chance of a car going in there. He has an air hockey table and a Fooseball table and you can't even find them. Its that bad. But his hoarding doesn't come in the house. I'm grateful for that. If it does I put it in the garage.

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to Henri Jean

I am starting to hate my garage. Just because I haven't got all the boxes from storage gone through yet and it is a mess... But hopefully this weekend we will work on the garage.....

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics