Username Post: Cameo Rolled Flower Shapes        (Topic#1587509)
tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Has anyone used the rolled flower shapes in the Silhouette Store? I have one set, and cut some testers just now. I rolled them, but not sure how I like them.

What type of adhesive do you use to secure them? How do you use them on scrapbook pages, without them getting smushed?

I would love to see some examples of these in use and hear any hints or tips you have!!

TIA!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to tanyaham

Hi Hon, I do not havet hose but I know what people use on their flowers they make. Some people use Sctch quick dry tacky glue. Another is Beacon 3 in 1 advanced craft glue. Lots use the Scotch one. The 3 in 1 is like using a glue gun.. it is clear, instant grab, fast dry. I have both of these & love them. I know some people use a glue gun, some people may use the aqua mono liquid glue. I have it but I haven't tried it yet.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to anda11

For rolled flowers I use the quick dry glue I love the 3 in1 but the quick dry glue is easier to apply one handed which when I am rolling flowers sometimes happens

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to tanyaham

here is a layout with them

Part 2 of ***So Of course You Think I did it*** By Dstanek35

The rest will not let me embedd s so here is the link rolled flowwers

Edited by anda11 on 04-28-13 04:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

here is a couple cards

For Dad~Watercolor Misting~Card~ By Shimmerlyscrappy

Happy New Year 1 - Rolled Flowers By PussyKat

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

I've wondered the same thing of how not to have them all smooshed once they're in an album. It seems like even standing the album upright, the cover still closes. I have some little store-bought tissue flowers and they've gotten smashed.~Judy

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-28-13 09:57 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

The only flowers in my album that haven't been smashed were actually the ones like this that I made from cardstock. I didn't use the cut from the cameo store, I just cut them by hand and rolled them. I can't remember the name of the glue I used off the top off my head but I will look tomorrow. But the flowers are still perfect in my wedding album. Of course, it's only been maybe 6 months or so, so I'm not sure how well they will last over time.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-28-13 09:59 PM
In response to Vae

Also tomorrow I will take some close up pics of the flowers I made like this and post them.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Vae

Thanks so much - keep the examples coming! I have a couple more shapes in my wishlist for these, and wanted to get them while they were on sale, IF I would use them. Right now, not sure if I would ... but for a $1 for both, I may just risk it and play with them!

Still interested in how you glue them ... just along the botton edge as you go?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics