Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: May - BOM Challenge - no sign-up just jump in :)        (Topic#1587519)
charcats7
Governor
charcats7

Welcome to the monthly BOM Challenge for May 2013.

This is a monthly challenge to help those who want to make a Book of Me (BOM) or expand their BOM or just get motivated to work on their BOM. I'm making it a monthly challenge as that seems to give us all more urgency to make us work on a project. Couple it with some of the other challenges out there- Page Maps, Monthly Sketch, Monochrome, Sewing... There are so many & you'll at least get one LO done for YOU.

How many of us inherited an album of pictures with little to no notes about who or what was going on? So many times we scrap our family, but not ourselves- as if we are less important. I so wish my mother had put a note or something behind some of those photos & now she's gone & I cannot ask. Leave something for the future generations about the magical & wonderful person you are.

Pieces of Me: a picture of yourself and words that describe you. Are you known for saying a particular phrase? What’s your style? Any other key things about you that you can fit on one page?

This can be a 1 or 2-page LO.

Here’s a 2nd & fun BOM topic- Music- do you have a favorite song? A favorite type of music? Artist? Or scrap about a great concert you attended. You can pick a certain time of your life & do more than one page- high school, college, when you first got married, etc.

Most of all, have fun, share as much or as little as you want, give positive feedback & leave love as we all need some of that about our work.

No sign-up necessary- just jump right in

Please let us know the name you like to be called if it isn't in your signature block.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Go to the Share section on the right-hand side and click on ‘Link/Embed Image'.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab at the top on the left side of the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

Your pages:

1) Your Mama By Bigbshaking

2) Me By Msmama

3) Scotty McCreery - My Favorite Concert By Onlyonce

4) just Me By Mylittlesweetpea

5)

Edited by charcats7 on 05-31-13 04:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne
In response to charcats7

I don't know that I'll get it done, but I have an AWESOME concert story to do a LO of. It's when DH and I were at the same concert, and he remembers that I was there, but weren't to actually meet until a little less than a year later.

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama
In response to Jalynne

I'm in!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to Jalynne

• Jalynne Said:
I don't know that I'll get it done, but I have an AWESOME concert story to do a LO of. It's when DH and I were at the same concert, and he remembers that I was there, but weren't to actually meet until a little less than a year later.

That is so cool. I have a similar story- just not at a concert

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to charcats7

me again if you will have me

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 04-30-13 09:22 AM
In response to babigirl

Ok I'm going to try... you all can feel free to give me cr^p until I do!!!

Victoriaj
Resident
Victoriaj
In response to KimKV

This sounds like such a cool challenge, and very challenging for me. I have several photos I can think of off the top of my head that I can scrap that have been put off for family trips, kids' books and wedding albums.

This will be fun!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to Victoriaj

welcome Shatema, Kim & Victoria - good to see you all here

go Kim go
I won't give you a hard time, but I'll cheer you on

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to charcats7

I'm in again. I'll have to think about the Pieces of Me topic, but I already have 2 ideas for the music topic. Here is a concert lo I did last year, just for sharing. Although I could've put this in my BOM, because Sade is my favorite artist, the lo is not in the right format, so I will put this in my friendship album. I went to this concert with my bff of 34 years. Seeing Sade in concert was one of my "bucket list" items. She only tours about every 10 years and she is in her 50's now, so this might have been my last opportunity to see her (never know when she might retire). Now that I think about it, I might have to make a separate BOM page about this experience.

Sade Concert By Mylittlesweetpea

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to beach girl 73

mms

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama
In response to babigirl

jci

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to msmama

Love those ideas!

bigbshaking
Pro
bigbshaking
In response to msmama

I would love to do this challenge! I have the perfect idea for a 'pieces of me'LO
Brandi

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to bigbshaking

welcome everyone- just jump right in

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama
In response to charcats7

one for sharing, I did this back in 2010 one of the first pages I did for my BOM

All Natural By Msmama

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to msmama

awesome idea Coleen to ask friends for a word of description to put on your page- must use that

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to charcats7

jci & mms

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to beach girl 73

Hope everyone is having a great week. Any scrappy plans for this weekend?

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama
In response to charcats7

I work Saturday as of right now no plans on Sunday, hope it stays that way, so I can scrap.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to msmama

we've had a bunch of projects for around the house to do- plus plans for Saturday morning & evening- hoping my Sunday stays free too

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics