Username Post: Sizzlets in the Cuttlebug?        (Topic#1587547)
Victoriaj
Resident
Victoriaj

I got some sizzlets, being told they can be used in my Cuttlebug, but I can't get them to work. Will they work? If so, would someone please walk me through it? I just started using the Cuttlebug so I'm not very familiar with it.

Thank you!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Victoriaj

This video does a great job showing how to make it work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM7F-2AD0VI

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Victoriaj

From the ProvoCraft site, they say to use the Sizzlets:

Pad 'B'
Media
Die (blade up)
Pad 'B'
Pad 'A'

I'm not sure which way the site means, but I do it in reverse order of what they list, so my A plate is on the bottom of the stack. The way they have it listed, it's like they build the sandwich, then flip it to put it into the cuttlebug.

There should have been a pamphlet packaged with your cuttlebug that shows all the different dies and the sandwich stacks that are used. Have fun playing :>) ~Judy

Victoriaj
Resident
Victoriaj
In response to mrsdriver5

I must be doing something wrong because I can push the sandwich through my cuttlebug with no resistance. I have both B plates, the A plate, the paper and the die. I bought it used so I have no paperwork with it. I'll go check the site and see if there is any information.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Victoriaj

You might try using the C plate instead of the B plate that goes on top of the A. Usually you use 1 B plate + the C plate for cutting (C=cut) and the two B's for embossing (b=emBossing). You can also add some card shims, like what is on the back of paper pads. I keep a couple cut to the size of the plates just to add thickness when I need it. What I posted previously was right from the Provo site, so I don't know...try playing with different plate/shim combos would be what I would do. Hope you find something that works!~Judy

Victoriaj
Resident
Victoriaj
In response to mrsdriver5

Well, I used three shims, and it got stuck and I had to roll it back out, but it cut practically all the way through. I was wrong, tho, these are framelits, and I don't know if that makes a difference. But at least I got it to cut! Thank you so much for your help!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Victoriaj

I need to leave, but I just sent you a quick PM with a link that should help. I think you need the tan mats, but I didn't have time to check completely. I know I've used the framelits, but no time to stop and think about it right now :>) ~Judy

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Victoriaj

• Victoriaj Said:
Well, I used three shims, and it got stuck and I had to roll it back out, but it cut practically all the way through. I was wrong, tho, these are framelits, and I don't know if that makes a difference. But at least I got it to cut! Thank you so much for your help!

Yes, it does make a difference - the Framelits are much thinner than the Sizzlits. This video will show you how to use Framelits with the Cuttlebug (starting around three and a half minutes into the video). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DY5NDkmsWI

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to aquabunny

add a thin cardboard layer on top of the plates (or between, doesn't matter) - that should help. I keep a couple cardboard and cardstock pieces of various thickness just for that purpose - to use the sizzlits or framelits and make them cut all the way through - add a little extra thickness to the "sandwich"

Victoriaj
Resident
Victoriaj
In response to OlesyaK.

Thank you all for your help. I'll be playing for a while, getting it just right. I'm glad to know I didn't waste my money on the framelits!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics