Username Post: Just ordered a pack of chipboard for the Silhouette...        (Topic#1587555)
Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity

Has anyone else used this stuff yet? Made any great designs? Do you go through blades quickly?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-29-13 07:55 PM
In response to Momto3infinity

I'd be curious too. I haven't tried them yet but I know I'm gonna want to

jlj889
jlj889 
Resident
jlj889
In response to Momto3infinity

I'm curious also about the Silhouette chipboard. I haven't purchased any yet but I have used cereal boxes to make my own chipboard cuts with my Silhouette. I used my older blade and went up one blade setting and the cuts came out nice. The cereal box tends to get a little frayed on the edge but a nail file fixed that.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to jlj889

I have recently received the Silhouette chipboard and have cut a few pieces....
It cuts fine and so far I have not noticed a need to change my blade. I will say that the "chipboard" is really thin...it is not as thick as normal chipboard....
I have also cut stuff from grungepaper and that seems to dull the blade more....

I love to heat emboss or glitter the chipboard pieces. I've also cut a piece out of patterned paper and again out of chipboard and glued them together....adds just a bit of dimension....

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to kiyawinn

Thanks for the info Alison. I have been wondering how grunge paper would do also.

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to SherylEb

Okay, received the chipboard and LUV IT! As Alison said it is very thin, but I think it beats using my cereal boxes for added dimension. I'm sure my favorite cereal producer isn't as concerned as I am whether or not there is acid in their paper pulp

The settings in 'Studio', automatically set to cut twice and suggests using a setting of 5 for the blade. It works perfect and doesn't damage the mat using the presets. I used it in a LO I'll post tomorrow, I did two cuts of the chipboard and glued them together to get something that would closely resemble chipboard pieces that one would purchase at the store.

Keep a smile M.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics