Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: **~May 2013:Scrap Your Faith Challenge!!~**        (Topic#1587563)
KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Welcome to the Scrap Your Faith Challenge!!

Challenge Outline

1. This challenge is open to everyone! It is our hope for it to become a place of sharing, healing, & encouragement as we strive to document this very personal part of our lives. We only ask that all participants be sensitive & respectful of the beliefs of others.

2. Daily scripture passages and weekly sketches will be posted to help inspire us to Scrap our Faith!

3. LO's created DO NOT have to incorporate the daily scripture postings. They are simply being given for inspiration. You are welcome to scrap about anything relating to your faith. (Example: baptisms/church events & activities/conferences or concerts you've attended/mission trips you've been on, etc.)

4. Scrap as little or as much as you are inspired to scrap, share the love and HAVE FUN!! : )

***~Public Embedding and Uploading to Challenge~***

1. Once your LO is uploaded to the gallery Go to your gallery and click on it.
2. Under small pic of LO check box for "Allow PUBLIC EMBEDDING"
3. Click "SUBMIT

NEXT, to Upload to the Challenge Thread...
1. First click on the LO you want to upload.
2. Scroll down to the "Share & Link" box on the left side of the page. Click the "Link/Embed image" option.
3. A Box will open up with a small pic of your LO. Where it says 'Embed This Image' select "IMG CODE" above the image.
4. RIGHT CLICK and COPY the code it gives you. (you can also change the size of the image if you desire.)
5. Go to Challenge
6. Go to any Reply Box and RIGHT CLICK and then PASTE the code.

May Sketches

{May Sketch #1} By KellyCali

{May Sketch #2} By KellyCali

{May Sketch #3} By KellyCali

{May Sketch #4} By KellyCali

{May Sketch #5} By KellyCali

Participants

1. Kelly (KellyCali) (hostess)
2. Jami (jamariel)
3. Melody (FinallyMama)
4. Sandra (nanasan)
5. Char (charcats7)
6. Shatema (babygirl)
7. Bev (scrapperbee)
8. Darlene (star77)
9. Ann (ann.mann)

= projects completed

Projects

I am working on my older dd's album, and the #2 sketch was just perfect for these pics. As for the faith--this week she went to her oncologist and her surgeon--and both said she looks great, no evidence of cancer or problems at all. A real answer to prayer since her cancer surgery September 2011.

Dream Big By Scrapperbee

Here is mine

The Cross By Star77

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

May Daily Inspiration Scriptures

Proverbs 31

Sayings of King Lemuel

5/1 - The sayings of King Lemuel — an inspired utterance his mother taught him. (Proverbs 31:1)

5/2 - Listen, my son! Listen, son of my womb! Listen, my son, the answer to my prayers! (Proverbs 31:2)

5/3 - Do not spend your strength on women, your vigor on those who ruin kings. (Proverbs 31:3)

5/4 - It is not for kings, Lemuel— it is not for kings to drink wine, not for rulers to crave beer, (Proverbs 31:4)

5/5 - lest they drink and forget what has been decreed, and deprive all the oppressed of their rights. (Proverbs 31:5)

5/6 - Let beer be for those who are perishing, wine for those who are in anguish! (Proverbs 31:6)

5/7 - Let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more. (Proverbs 31:7)

5/8 - Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. (Proverbs 31:8)

5/9 - Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy. (Proverbs 31:9)

Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character

5/10 - A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. (Proverbs 31:10)

5/11 - Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. (Proverbs 31:11)

5/12 - She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. (Proverbs 31:12)

5/13 - She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. (Proverbs 31:13)

5/14 - She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. (Proverbs 31:14)

5/15 - She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants. (Proverbs 31:15)

5/16 - She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. (Proverbs 31:16)

5/17 - She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. (Proverbs 31:17)

5/18 - She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. (Proverbs 31:18)

5/19 - In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. (Proverbs 31:19)

5/20 - She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. (Proverbs 31:20)

5/21 - When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. (Proverbs 31:21)

5/22 - She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. (Proverbs 31:22)

5/23 - Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. (Proverbs 31:23)

5/24 - She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. (Proverbs 31:24)

5/25 - She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. (Proverbs 31:25)

5/26 - She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. (Proverbs 31:26)

5/27 - She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. (Proverbs 31:27)

5/28 - Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: (Proverbs 31:28)

5/29 - “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” (Proverbs 31:29)

5/30 - Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. (Proverbs 31:30)

5/31 - Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. (Proverbs 31:31)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Adding our Scriptures & sketches for the month of May, as we speak!

Please be sure to check back soon!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Sketches will be up shortly.

Meanwhile, our inspired theme for May is...Proverbs 31.

If you'd like, please feel free to include the entire passage in some way...or 1 or 2 verses...or any sort of project, study or lesson relating to Proverbs 31.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to KellyCali

LOVE Proverbs 31!!

I hope to stop by here this month!! I enjoy coming here, but can't seem to get much scrapping done for this one!! Hmmmmmmmmmmm Might need to work on that!!

Thanks for hosting!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to FinallyMama

Hi & Good Morning Melody.

I hear ya & feel the same way. Sadly, when it comes to my monthly projects, I'm either all in or all out.

I pretty much only scrap for 1 or 2 days of the month & spend the remainder of the month working on daily misc projects like embellishments, tags, ATC's & whatnots.

In the long run it's all prep work. But, when it comes to getting challenges done within the month, um, not so much!

On that note, working on this months group prayer!

I'll be back with it, in a bit as I'm working on my devotions & journaling.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Sketches are up!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Dear LORD,

Thank You for this day & Thank You for these ladies! Please continue to grow & bless this beautiful group of women as we daily seek to draw nearer to You. Please calm our seas, allow us time on the shore away from the storms of life & be our anchor that we can cling to for assurance, balance, strength & security as we enter into another new month.

Protect each & everyone. And teach us further yet what it truly means to be A Woman of Virtue, A Woman of Noble Character & a Woman that follows after You!

We praise You, love You & forever seek to honor You!

~ The Ladies of Scrap Your Faith

Amen!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Just to share...

This is such an awesome study (see below) in care of Proverbs 31. Not only are the devotions & studies amazing, but this particular study really helped me to better understand & appreciate the actual verses, history & how it applies to our daily modern lives.

The Virtuous Woman: Shattering the Superwoman Myth by Vicki Courtney

This six-week study focuses on the Proverbs 31 woman. While for some that sounds scary, or not ideal or attainable, Courtney walks her reader through a clear understanding of who the Proverbs 31 woman was – a superwoman she was not, but a woman who walked after the Lord as she lived her life in moment by moment encounters.

nanasan
Diva
nanasan
In response to KellyCali

Would love to be a part of this....if for no other reason...the inspiration..and scripture!
Thank you.!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to nanasan

I'll have to cut back on my scrapbook challenge participation- but sketches & this group are not one of them- as I transition from Military to civilian & then in the next few months to not working a job- I'll be focusing on building my CTMH business. I plan on a few craft fairs & promoting classes- so preparation for that takes time. I found I've been spending a lot of time on challenges- or at least in the threads- like 12-15 threads- so balancing that is needed to be successful. My DH & I had a long talk yesterday & he is on board with the decision and goals- I have such a wonderful husband. God is good.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to charcats7

Can i pay again

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to babigirl

Think I'd like to try this!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to scrapperbee

star77
star77 
Pro
star77
In response to charcats7

I am in to i do so love your sketches do you make them?

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to star77

Love that prayer Kelly. Thank you so much for it & your heart for this group. Looking forward to another amazing month!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to star77

• star77 Said:

Hey, Happy Birthday Darlene! Hope you have a truly special day!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to jamariel

Good Morning! Happy May!

His mercies are new every morning

It's wonderful to see you all here!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to star77

• star77 Said:

Thank You. No, Darlene. All of them are from the web.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to KellyCali

got all the sketches printed for reference- this Saturday is SCRAP Day at my house where I have the ladies over & we scrap from 9am-5pm. It's a time of sharing, helping, and hopefully progress on our projects

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics