Username Post: May Design Seeds Challenge        (Topic#1587565)
GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Join Challenge Here: May Design Seeds Challenge

Back by popular request from the players. The 2013 Design Seeds Color Challenge.

Basically, it's an open ended color challenge where the rule is simply that you have to include EVERY color in the palette in some way on your project.

It's easy play - no pressure, no voting, no front page updating. It's a low impact forum! Just post by the end of the month and we'll see what happens.

Use the photo itself as an inspiration to a twist.

Here's our May inspiration. I'm SO ready for the end of school, but since I can't take a vacation for real yet, I'm going to use this month and take a mental one. Enjoy the play!

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to GentlewoodFarms

gorgeous inspiration. . .i'm in

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to beck_bear

This is such an unusual color combo...and so beautiful in that pic!

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to justowen

Gorgeous! The photo inspiration makes me excited for our Florida vacation the first week of June. I am trying to scrap with the "stuff" I have in my stash b/c things are alittle tight right now but I think I can pull these together. I have hundreds of flosses to sew with, so that may help me finish the palette.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to klweist

Definitely going to try to fit this in. Gorgeous colors!

NuttyScraps
Veteran
NuttyScraps
In response to klweist

Kelly, I was just looking at this palette wondering how in the world I was going to find all these in my stash.
I never thought of all the thread and floss I have that could be used for stitching or crocheted embellies! Thanks so much for the inspiration because I really wanted to try this to help me grow outside my color comfort zone.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to NuttyScraps

• NuttyScraps Said:
Kelly, I was just looking at this palette wondering how in the world I was going to find all these in my stash.
I never thought of all the thread and floss I have that could be used for stitching or crocheted embellies! Thanks so much for the inspiration because I really wanted to try this to help me grow outside my color comfort zone.

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to klweist

acu

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to beck_bear

jci...

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to klweist

Love these colors - looks like a party to me! I made a two page layout so posted both pages. Hope that's ok.

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to PamStewart.Iowa

Pat is taking June off. . .I am offering to host if anyone is interested in taking part. . .anyone want to play in June (and forward) or do we want to wait for Pat to come back??

under5feet
Diva
under5feet
In response to beck_bear

Hi there,

It just seems like not enough people want to do this challenge. I find it makes me think out of the box. I'm in if others are.

Corky

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to under5feet

June's challenge is up and found here: http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?type=challen ge&ch...

hope you will come join us

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to under5feet

• under5feet Said:
Hi there,

It just seems like not enough people want to do this challenge. I find it makes me think out of the box. I'm in if others are.

Corky

I agree! I think it's very CHALLENGING to use these color combos, thus I think it's a true "challenge" and it helps me get out of my scrapbooking ruts I seem to fall into.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics