Username Post: Too Many 6x6 almbums        (Topic#1587579)
cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

I have at least three or four 6x6 albums and i have few ideas on how to use them. there's no rus h in using them but i'd like to see them doing something.

any ideas????

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to cescrapper

Hmmm...I had similar sized albums. I think they make great gift albums. I made one for my mom of her 3 grandchildren throughout the years. Or maybe a baby brag book for someone who is about to be a mom or grandma?

You could also do:
a book of me, with one like, hobby, etc on each page.
A book of your pets.
Favorite places to visit.
Favorite quotes.
One page per friend and the facing page with your "story" of how you met and why you stay friends.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to siameseplease

Great ideas!

I like to use them as gift albums also. They are not as overwhelming as a 12x12 to give someone. Or as much to work on! And a good way to use up your scraps and smaller papers!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Babylou

I use the 6x6 size for gifts especially for grandparents but they are great presents for friends and family members. They really allow you the ability to focus on the photos and the journaling and those 6x6 pads are great for this!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Thank you ladies you just gave me an excellent idea.
thank you

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to cescrapper

I recently did a 6x6 album to "showcase" my baby's monthly pictures (plus a few other favorite pictures) at her first birthday party. Since there wasn't much room after the picture was placed, I mainly focused on journaling her monthly milestones like rolling over, crawling, etc. I also used a black cardstock throughout to keep it uniform and added a few strips of patterned papers or simple embellishments. Since the album was pretty small, it was easy to pass around and share with everyone.

I used to make 12X12 albums as gifts, but after this experience, I will start making 6x6 albums for gifts as they are less overwhelming.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to Mama2Thomas

You don't HAVE to use them as albums. How about turning them into note pads, or address books, or appointments books, think outside the box.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Crafting Marfa

• Crafting Marfa Said:
You don't HAVE to use them as albums. How about turning them into note pads, or address books, or appointments books, think outside the box.

funny you should say that because i was thinking of using one as a sort of place for die cuts and the like. I haven't gone beyound that point but I'm sure in time I'll work it out

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics