Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: May Budget Challenge        (Topic#1587635)
Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Welcome to the May Budget Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of May. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

I have removed the twist as a requirement but you can still indicate one if you so choose.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Of course I'm here, Kelly!

My budget is $50
My wishlist is whatever I really really really can't live without!
Twist: Don't bust for once!

Anyone else going to be scrapping on Saturday??

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to SonjaC

I have never done a challenge like this. Are there guidelines like how often to check in? Do we report only at the end of the month? Do I just tell what I plan to spend and then try to stick to that? I might join this... but want to make sure I understand so I don't break the rules or do the wrong thing. I don't like to sign up for something and then not follow up. Thanks in advance for a ny insight you can provide.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I'm in

Budget how about zero dollars cause I'm so poor since we needed to buy a new car.

But ok I'll give myself $200 I have a retreat end of this months and I know hubby always has a stash away of money for me and I always need to spend for a retreat.

Wish List My Prima order I have been waiting 3 months for but really after boy papers and embellishments more bling stash getting low

Twist No flowers or chipboard need to use what I have first

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to julie101

I've realized I'm terrible at budgeting.
I think I will just pop in and say hi at times.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Tina, we are all terrible at budgeting. I'm on the busted couch with you and Sonja every month.

Welcome, Pinkpaperairedale. Basically we don't have rules here. Just list your budget and your wish list. Then every time you buy something deduct the amount from your budget and share your shopping with the rest of the class. We love to be enabled. Pop in whenever you have time. We are a chatty bunch.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Kamananui

Lol I didn't bust last month didn't end up much at all

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to julie101

Julie and Courtney were good little budgeteers last month. I think Tammy may have been an as well.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

I actually resisted this great mega pack from the fruit site on Wednesday... was REALLY hard too!

I even walked into M's that day and DID NOT buy a THING! (Hope I don't give anyone a attack with that admission!)

I do need to go to a different M's b/c I want to exchange a Jolee's baby girl embellie I bought for the shower gift I made for some party hat stickers I saw for DS FIRST BIRTHDAY party invites I'm making! This is a test of willpower here... twice to M's in one week, can my checkbook walk out unscathed???

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Michael's is becoming a very danger place. I saw some boxes in the back and went digging. I found Inka Gold, Silks Acrylic Glaze, Twinkling H2O's, 10 packs of Gelatos, individual bottles of Stickles, Radiant Rain, Heidi S. masks, new TH stuff, and more that I can't even remember. Michael's is bringing their A-Game. I am going to be broke.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Budget: $75

Wish: Tropical Gelatos, 50 Diner Gelatos, Inka Gold, MS Epoxy clay, silicone molds

Twist: NO PAPER!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

I noticed that too, finally they are moving along with the trends.

I have a big decision to make. My gf has the cameo and used it once. Decided it's not for her and offering to sell it to me for $250. I had decided I didn't need one and recently bought a few new carts for my Cricut. She is going to bring it over for me to try. Anyone have any advice?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

The Cameo is a frillion times better than the Cricut. Buy it! I've kept my Cricut and carts, but I'm at the point where I think I'm ready to sell.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Kamananui

Well I spent $10 on some school paper for my daughter school photos I will post a pic tomorrow

$10 Spent $190 Left

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to julie101

Ok i am back my budget is 40 dollars.

Umm wishlist everything lol

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to babigirl

I am here! Been getting ready for Canada - we leave tomorrow and dealing with the bad days as they come and go. Yesterday was a beauty day - the Moose decided too nice for me to do work - we had today we could do that so we went for a bit of a shop (we needed a few things for the trip) and then to the pub for an afternoon on the patio with a few pints! I think I needed it!

Anyway my Budget is - oh ummm $100
and My wishlist
- a couple cropper hopper paper holders (if I can find some)
- Canada related stuff (from my old haunts)

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Tammy have fun in canada

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to babigirl

Hope everyone had a great National Scrapbooking Day. I celebrated by buying my Gelatos and a few Inka Golds from Ms using 50% off coupons.

Budget: $75-29=$46

Wish: Tropical Gelatos, 50 Diner Gelatos, Inka Gold, MS Epoxy clay, silicone molds

Twist: NO PAPER!

I'm not crossing off the Inka Gold because I still want the purple one. I'll pick up that one tomorrow.

Julie, you were well restrained on your purchase. Good job.

Shatema, welcome back!

Tammy, have a great trip. Hope you get lots of scrappy deals!

Courtney, how are you feeling?

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
I noticed that too, finally they are moving along with the trends.

I have a big decision to make. My gf has the cameo and used it once. Decided it's not for her and offering to sell it to me for $250. I had decided I didn't need one and recently bought a few new carts for my Cricut. She is going to bring it over for me to try. Anyone have any advice?

You can buy it new for $250.

I'm in!

BUDGET: $90
WISH: Camera bag. Sewing machine cozy. Expression cozy.

I want to get my bag and cozies from Etsy. I love handmade.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to runzalot81

Thanks, I've never seen less than 269.
If I decide to get I will from her, but not sure. I have so many cricut carts and I love my cricut. Not sure I will get my money's worth.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics