Username Post: National Scrapbooking Day        (Topic#1587645)
joshuaminh426
Resident
joshuaminh426

I'm a little embarrassed to admit I kind of want to go one of these event's in either Berkeley or Antioch, CA. It would be the first crop event for me ever. Problem is I wouldn't know anyone, so I'm a bit intimidated to go. Plus, I'll most certainly be the only guy.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to joshuaminh426

I say just go for it! I was scared to death for my first crop, and I drove 3 hours to meet "strangers", from this site, in a hotel! Kind of crazy, right? But those gals are my best scrappy buds to this day, and we still meet up and crop once a year. So yes indeed-y, I say GO, you never know until you try!

(And I love seeing a guy want to crop!)

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to byondbzr

oh yes... go. I also drove many hours to meet up with a number of scrappers from this site years back, also at a hotel.. and one of them was in fact a man... it was awesome to have him there!! Just have yourself prepared for a crop as in making yourself some mini-kits. Have fun!!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 01:32 PM
In response to BJscrapsalot

2 weeks ago I drove 3 hours to meet up with some people from here just to go shopping for the day, LOL! All people from here. And the ring leader of the group is a man. You should go!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Vae

Go. I've made new friends by attending crops, and I attended the first few by myself. I've scrapped in Berkeley and Antioch. You can't go wrong with either. Being a guy will certainly get the other scrappers asking you questions and they will be interested in your layouts.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Luvmyfam

Oh go some of my best friends I met here and other boards and one group of us are taking of to Myrtle Beach next year for a long weekend on the beach during the day and scrap all night.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Sneezy1956

I understand how you feel, because (aside from my friends on here and a cousin) there aren't too many people I know who scrap. Also, I'm probably one of the youngest scrappers in my area (I started when I was 12 and am now 22) and that is why I've never gone to crops. My cousins went to crops every year but I didn't go. And I totally regret it because one of them passed away and I lost out on that opportunity. I do have another cousin to go scrap with, but we aren't as close distance-wise so it makes it harder to do things with her. Also all my cousins are twice my age so that can also play into it.

Anyways, back to the point...

I think that you should go. Most definitely. You never know who you will meet and what new inspirations will come from this meeting. And you'll get out of it what you put into it.

You've seen the shirt that says, "Real men wear pink" right? Well maybe you should get your own, "Real men scrapbook" because I think it's awesome that you scrapbook and it's nothing to be embarrassed about!!! And lets get real, the people who would embarrass you would not be at the crop anyways!!!

So GO AND ENJOY EVERY MINUTE!!!!

-Stephanie

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to SJB1120

I agree, I think you should try it. You will be made welcome, and if you don't like it, don't go again. But I've been to crops and met men there - you may not be the only guy.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to RedSquirrel

You should go and see what it all about. I think I probably would go to crops too. If I had a car to get there. I'm a guy I meet few guys on here glad to see we guys are "growing" in the scrappy world

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• joshuaminh426 Said:
I'm a little embarrassed to admit I kind of want to go one of these event's in either Berkeley or Antioch, CA. It would be the first crop event for me ever. Problem is I wouldn't know anyone, so I'm a bit intimidated to go. Plus, I'll most certainly be the only guy.

I say GO GO GO.. Do not worry for one second... I have been to crops with men there before. Every single time..the women all thought it was so cool. They all talked to him like he was one of us. lol In fact you will get a lot of women saying they wished their boyfriend or hubby scrapped. I have never been to a crop in the 15 years I have been scrapping that I felt unwelcome by the people. Everyone is always so helpful & friendly & cheerful just like here.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

Beside back in the day...everyone scrapped..even men.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics