Username Post: what is scrapbooking?        (Topic#1587677)
New Kid On the Block

Im doing my senior project of scrapbooking. I want to reach out to the scrapbooking community! i know the definition of a scrapbook, but id like to know how you would define it yourself. I am also creating my own scrapbook documenting my favorite memories of high school, so if you have an advice, help on techniques, and any recommendation for me, it'd be great!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to LeahCarlton

The best advice I can give you is to check out the galleries. Thats where I get my inspiration from. There are tons of talents people here with so many different styles

The way I would define scrapbooking is documenting your memories before you're too old to remember them lol

paxtonkevin
Veteran
paxtonkevin

Dear Leah,

Scrapbooking to me is like history, you can go back in time and see all the different things that happened in different eras of time. It is also memories & traditions, that you can hand down to the next generation.

My advice is to scrap/treasure as much as you can from you senior year, because time does go by really fast. The next thing you know you will be getting a 10 year reunion invitation in the mail. You will then say "where has all the time gone."

Just have fun!

Tina

COscrapper
Veteran
COscrapper
In response to paxtonkevin

To me, scrapbooking is a creative outlet. I'm an okay drawer and a decent writer but with scrapbooking I can be creative (even if that means getting ideas from other people's pages) and make something that myself, my children and my family can look at to get an idea of how I viewed life and the life of my ancestors. It's also a great way for me to remember different moments in mine and my husbands life, as well as my children's lives. (We only have one child now but hope to have more soon.)

My biggest ongoing project is a series of scrapbooks that document each branch of my family tree, starting at each of my grandparents' lives and moving back from them... 4 books altogether plus one about myself and my parents directly.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to COscrapper

an interesting way of preserving memories that can tell a story without words

bonprof
Governor
bonprof

Scrapbooking is my passion; it is my legacy that I leave behind for my two daughters and grandson.It is a creative, joyful outlet that helps me keep balance in my life. And it is FUN!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to bonprof

Scrap-booking can be:
art/imagination/creativit y
memories/history/preserva tion
addiction/satisfaction/th erapy
expensive/frugal/repurpos ing
and a certain amount of showing off.

In addition to the starting advice people have given you, have a look at the Classes link up at the top, and you'll find a whole wealth of (free and chargeable) useful information and suggestions for beginners. This is an awesome site - enjoy it, and once you've found your way in the scrapping world, it feels so good to put back into the community by helping the beginners in return.

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007

I would say Scrapbooking to me is another creative outlet for me. I would say it way to document important things in your life like pictures and what every else you can to have to remember by. I'm in the process of doing three heritage albums. Each of my grandprents sides of the family. I found scrapbooking to be the best way to tell stories with the photos.
I'm enjoying it so far yeah sometimes it can get overwhleming at times. But I try not to think of it that way. I try to look at it as a fun and creative way to experss myself. I just do what I like and try not to think you have to be the best scrapbooker. Because after all is your memories and you do what you like. What you think will work for you and your memories.

Justie

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics