Username Post: tape runners/adhesive        (Topic#1587705)
bonprof
Guru
bonprof

Please let me know about your favorite tape runner adhesive. I've been using CM tape runners for 6 years, but lately I am not happy. Any suggestions would be helpful.Thanks.

rebeccakeppel
Guru
rebeccakeppel
In response to bonprof

I use this Therm O Web refillable tape runner. Never jams or gets gummed up. To replace you pop out the old cartridge and pop in a new one. Very easy

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to bonprof

I use different adhesives for different things, but for a paper to paper adhesive runner, I love 3L, and even more now that they've made them refillable!

I know I'm in the minority since a lot of people love their Scotch ATG's, but I find them too big for me to use comfortably.

Good luck with whichever you decide to go with. Might take some experimenting on your part.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Kim222

Not gonna lie, I use plain old double sided scotch tape. It is acid free, photo safe and it is really sticky. I had some pages from 2010 that I wanted to take apart and rework. All but destroyed the paper trying to get the photo mats unstuck from the page.

But for a runner I definitely prefer the 3L brand and include it whenever I give an album as a gift.

I have heard good things from everyone I know who owns an ATG, drawback for me is it is pretty big.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to Kim222

I thought the ATG would be too big to use comfortably, too, and then I tried it. LOVE it now. Mostly because I don't have to refill in constantly like I did with the smaller adhesives. Now that I'm used to it, the little ones are uncomfortable to me.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to justLyn

I love my ATG. I have used several different tape runners, including the CM one. I got really tired of them jamming up and went for the ATG. I got use to it in a matter of hours and am really glad I bought it.

I also use Glue Dots and the Martha Stewart glue pen. I occasionally use photo splits.

Edited by crichards1 on 05-03-13 10:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to justLyn

Another vote for the ATG. I got one for Christmas and I love it. I still use double-sided tape for ribbon and glue dots for small stuff, and obviously 6 months isn't long enough for me to say it stands the test of time, but I'm very happy so far. I was worried it would be too bulky but that just isn't a problem.

The only thing I wish were different about it, is that there is no cover for the sticky roller, so taking it cropping needs careful packing.

bonprof
Guru
bonprof
In response to crichards1

Thanks for the quick feedback. I will try these.

teresa0817
Expert
teresa0817
In response to bonprof

ATG!! Hands down. I was concerned about the size also, I finally broke down and bought one. I don't know how I got through the last 5 years without it! It's easy to use, the roll lasts a long time, and it STICKS.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to teresa0817

I am all about the ATG also. However, for thin letters it isn't great. I love the AdTech dot dispenser (non refill). I can get 4 dispensers for $4.99 at Marshalls.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to 950nancy

The 3L brand, MyStik happens to be the line I use, is my favorite. The tape seems most like the "old" CM ones.

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to scrapchica

I love my ATG but I also like my sticker makers, my stamper by elmers my glue dots, 2 sided sticky tape and I also have elmers adhesive runner. It is really tacky. almost like tacky glue. I have different adhesives for the different things I adhere.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to dorichatelain

Tape runners never seem to last long enough I love my ATG, I hope you find something you like.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Sneezy1956

I tried out the ATG in my LSS but it was to big for me to handle so I went with the glide pro. I got off to a rocky start with it but they quickly made the fixes and I have been happy with it since. It doesn't hold as much adhesive as the ATG but it is a nice alternative.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to jaxxan

I used to always CM tape but then I picked up my scrapping and I found that it was getting expensive so I bought the ATG. I was afraid at first but now I love it and don't know how I lived with out. I also use glue dots now which I love. I still use CM tape but mostly for vellum and the CM glue pen is my favorite for adding die cuts that I have made with my cricut.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 05-14-13 06:56 AM
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I do love my ATG but before I got that, I used and loved the Tombow tape runners.

Veteran
In response to bonprof

I love my sticker makers.I also use Herma tape runner.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics