Username Post: Get Organized Class Chat        (Topic#1587709)
Victoriaj
Resident
Victoriaj

I can't find a thread, so if there's already one going, please point me in the direction. If not, I guess I'll start.

I read over the material and sat in my studio (LOVE that word, Jill!) and just felt overwhelmed. I'm glad we have a week because I'm going to need it. I have my own area but it's not strictly scrapping, it's my office so it's really a combo area. It's actually a loft so I only have three walls, which makes it difficult to arrange for storage.

I guess what I'm going to do is set a timer for myself and just jump in and work for a certain amount of time each day. Then I can get stuff into bins and start figuring out what is working and what needs to be rehomed (or given a home).

So how's everyone else doing?

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Victoriaj

I am pretty organized already, and can't stand clutter. It eats at me and I can't feel free to create..

My studio is six-foot table and behind it is a full wall of bookcases and a desk unit with hutch. I sit between the table and wall unit. I have geology books and genealogy on one set of shelves and scrapbook supplies on the other. My CS is organized on a nice horizontal wire shelf unit made for that purpose. My PPs are mostly in pad form and stand vertically directly behind me. The lose pps are located in the top three shelves of the wire unit. Christmas pads on the bottom three shelves. This works well for me. The thing is my ribbons are on a pants hanger in the closet, I have to get up, walk around my table across the room to get to them. That part is okay but I find that out sight means out of mind.

My inks and stamps are in a covered basket and are also outta sight. Its a small basket so I have to dig to get to what I want. I don't use them often but want to used them more. My photos are in hanging folders organized by person and are on the bottom shelf in two large file boxes, easy to get to. My punches are in a desk drawer and I have to lean over and pick up each one til I find the one I want. Tools are stored right on my table in an open tool holder, its an ugly cardboard box with 6 plastic cups. I should cover it and make it pretty! Small pieces and bits are in a small 5 drawer plastic bin on my studio work table top right next to the tools. My larger CS pieces are in al arge 3 drawer bin under the worktable. On top of that is a wooden cutting board that serves as a table for my silhouette. large pieces of pp are in a plastic portfolio case laying on top of one of the file folder boxes right behind me. Also easy to reach but kinda hard to sort thru.

It all works but is not perfect. I want to find a better way to get my ribbon, my punches, my inks and stamps. I like the nice look of the covered baskets but they just aren't really workable.

Conclusion, I have already done the preliminary work and know just what I want to change.

I am hoping to get some good ideas from this class.

I am adding this thread to my favorite topics.

Lets hear from the rest of our fellow class takers.

Edited by rockmom on 05-03-13 10:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Victoriaj

• Victoriaj Said:
I can't find a thread, so if there's already one going, please point me in the direction.

Check out the Scrapspace subforum - there's going to be one thread for each week of the class, plus of course whatever threads people feel like starting. http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showforum.php?fid/257/

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to aquabunny

Thanks for the heads-up, I had totally missed that thread!

Victoriaj
Resident
Victoriaj
In response to aquabunny

Thanks, that's where I'l be!

• aquabunny Said:
  • Victoriaj Said:
I can't find a thread, so if there's already one going, please point me in the direction.

Check out the Scrapspace subforum - there's going to be one thread for each week of the class, plus of course whatever threads people feel like starting. http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showforum.php?fid/257/

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Victoriaj

WOW! I can relate to the first post (victoria) Because I only have three walls also!! It is in a one bedroom apt and I use their "sunroom" basically an extra dining room!
I am taking challenge #1 since everything I use is pretty handy and seems to work rather well. BUT I need a better place for my stamps and inks. Also would love to try out the simply renee clip it up!!!
good luck!!!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to mindygail

Don't have much organizing to do since I don't have as much stuff as I used to. But looking at my to-buy and wish lists, looks like that might change!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-13-13 04:44 PM
In response to mrsrogers52513

I haven't done anything in weeks! I was just out of town for a few days to watch my nephews while their dad was away (LOVE my boys!!) .... then there's the promotion I got at work, which is taking up all my energy as I learn stuff .... and with the promotion came a raise so I now have four (count 'em - FOUR!!) scrappy orders that need to at least be put away somewhere. But I did take some pics today as DH and I were making peach preserves and I can't wait to scrap them, so maybe it'll happen soon

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to stick

Congrats! Have fun!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Victoriaj

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to find all the lessons that are supposed to be available in case I want to go ahead of the weekly lessons. Anyone know where I can find them?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to geoshari

I'll send you a PM with the link!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics