Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: Get it Together ALL DAY Challenge (NSD 2013)        (Topic#1587727)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 05-03-13 10:40 PM

WINNERS:
peasy
nado
MusicalPages
Julie101
Meeka Ivey
SusanScrapsALot
scrappinlilly
senora_x
miller.melissa.09
Lishy

**********PLEASE PM ME (kels) with your FULL NAME AND PHYSICAL MAILING ADDRESS. Thank you & Congrats!**********

Good morning and welcome to {Inter}National Scrapbook Day 2013 at Scrapbook.com!!! Are you ready for an amazing day?

This ALL-DAY challenge is called �Get it Together!�

Start by watching this video: http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/1975.html
of how I sort, organize, and store my family photos. Then, dive right in! Find a system that works for you (it doesn�t have to be like mine!) and share that system with us.

Ready? Here are your rules and reward...

Rules:
1. You must sort, organize, and categorize or label 100 printed photos that you�ve NOT ALREADY ORGANIZED � you�re on the honors system here�

****DIGITAL PHOTO ORGANIZATION IS OK, TOO!!****

2. You must JOIN this challenge and explain your process in a short 2-3 sentence paragraph on this challenge discussion thread by 11:59PM PST on May 4th to be eligible to win a $178 prize bundle. OPTIONAL: You may include a photo of your organizing system as well, particularly if it is hard to explain.

3. Link, link, link!! If you use a product from the Superstore (i.e. an album, a scrapbook, a storage box, page protectors, dividers, a pen/pencil, or anything else) please link it in your post.

View Challenge Here: Get it Together ALL DAY Challenge (NSD 2013)

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Kels

I have my photos sorted by events in photo boxes right now. I really need to find a better system, this one doesn't really work well for me, as I can never find what I want at the time. I have a lot of digital ones sorted by date on my external hard drive. After I sort them, I put a larger piece of cardstock with the event and date before the pics to divide the events. I just sorted out my sons wedding pics from two years ago. I sorted them by the event and then sorted them by what was going on, such as before wedding, during ceremony, family, reception and then dance.

Edited by lilmrmaid on 05-04-13 07:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to lilmrmaid

I organized a week's worth of digital photos (well over the required 100!) and scanned layouts. I moved the pictures into albums in our family's online photo gallery and added a caption to each picture. I added the scanned layouts to my sb.com gallery and linked to the products. It feels GREAT to have that off the to-do list!

Peasy
Peasy 
Diva
Peasy
  • Peasy on 05-04-13 08:39 AM
In response to cindy312

I have my physical photos in boxes labeled with index cards. I have boxes for each daughter, decorated in a theme that suits them. I also have vacations, holiday, family & friend boxes. I had a ton of printed photos in envelopes that I needed to sort & add to the appropriate boxes. I just got that done, there were well over a 100. Thank you for the inspiration!

AJs Mama
Expert
AJs Mama
In response to cindy312

I had well over 100 pics on facebook that came from my phone that i never saved to the computer. so i saved then and oranized them into the correct folder on the computer. AJs pics is the main folder than there is folders within that labeled month and year that i sorted them into

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kels

I just finished organizing my photos from baseball season 2011! The photos are from a college developmental summer league team that we have season tickets for. I first separated the photos by players, by onfield activities, and then I put them chronolocially by date. After that I grouped the photos I wanted to scrap together and placed them in an accordian type file for pictures. so when I am ready to scrap I can pull out the first set, then the second and so on

paperpilekitten
Resident
paperpilekitten
In response to Kels

This is my routine that I do every Tuesday (except I had to do an extra round today, just for this awesome challenge. lol!):

ETA: I just saw that the process should be described in 2-3 sentences and not like I did below.

Well here's a couple of sentences:

"Transfer photos from camera to computer and back up. Send to print and sort by theme in an album."

1. Transfer the photos from camera to computer.

2. Sort the photos by event/theme (Project Life, wedding, Easter, etc.) into folders. Add the date to the folders.

3. Go through each folder with Adobe Bridge and delete the ones I don't want to keep. Process the ones I want to print (contrast, light, color, etc.)

4. Upload the folders to Picasa for back up, and also copy them to our big local back up hard drive here at home (I like to have back up both at home and online to make sure that my photos will be there no matter what disaster may hit. lol!)

5. Upload the ones I want to print to my online print service (usually Fujifilm, as they are the only ones in Sweden that will print Instagram pics)

6. When I get the prints, I put them in photo pockets in a plain photo album, to be scrapped. Those albums are sorted by theme (Christmas, wedding, heritage, nieces, etc.). When I want to scrap, I can choose photos from those albums.

Done!

Edited by paperpilekitten on 05-04-13 01:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to paperpilekitten

• paperpilekitten Said:
This is my routine that I do every Tuesday (except I had to do an extra round today, just for this awesome challenge. lol!):

Freaking awesome, but made me twitch!

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 05-04-13 09:34 AM
In response to Megan - ForumTech

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
  • paperpilekitten Said:

Freaking awesome, but made me twitch!

GAH!! Me too!!
How do you keep up!!??!! KUDOS!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kels

I organized my photos digital with my adobe photoshop album starter by event and date. I then sorted my physical photos in a photo boxes and labeled with index cards. Now I am able to quick scan which photo I want digitally and grab it easily from my labeled photo boxes.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to jjanasz46

I organize my photos as I take them off my camera's memory card. I still had photos from Easter, two nephew birthday parties, a weekend trip, and lots of random dog, weather, trees/spring flowers and food pictures ... 121 to organize!!

I move them from the camera memory card to a folder on my computer "2013," under "Pictures." I then quickly go through each photo and copy any photo I think I want to print to a folder called "Copies To Print." When I get ready to start sketching my layouts, I pull from those photos.

After I copy the ones I want to print, I go back to the 2013 folder where all the picture files are, then make folders like "Reed Bday 4 6 13" so I know WHAT the event was, and the date. I move all those pictures into that folder. I keep making folders, or adding photos to established folders, like "dogs" that I will add to all year.

In short, I keep all my photos by year, then event, with a copy that I can work with to print later, in a separate folder. My system has worked for me for 15 years, and I love it!!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to tanyaham

I decided to make my daughters scrap albums this year to give to them for Christmas. Way back when they were born in the 80s i stuck them in the old photo albums with the glue sheets and clear plastic cover. I did write the dates and events on each page of photos. I have 3 of these albums I am going through and placing the photos in a box. I labeled each index tab, I cut these dividers on my Cricut to a 5x7. I have the tabs labeled for each girl and events. ie.
Brooke - New Born
Tammy - Newborn
B - 1-6 months
T - 1-6 months
B - 7- 12 months
T - 7- 12 months
Brooke's 1st Birthday
Tammy's First Birthday
Brooke's 1st Christmas
Tammy's First Christmas
B - Toddler
T - Toddler
B - Elem School
T - Elem School
B - Middle School
T - Middle School
B - HS
T - HS
B - College
T - College
Easter
Christmas
Swimming
Vacations
Girl Scouts
GS Projects
GS Trip Carowinds
GS Trip - Space Center
GS 6 Flags Camp
etc
I used the left tabs for Brooke and wrote in blue, I used the right tabs for Tammy and wrote in pink
The middle tabs are for their together photos as in holidays etc written in green.

At least now I finally have all those photos out of those books, some have already turned yellowish, so I got to save most of them.

I also have a box of mixed photos that I am working on entering them into the files. I guess I have about 300 photos now organized and safe keeping. It went pretty fast since the majority of the photos were in order from birth through the toddler years.

nessa9116
Veteran
nessa9116
In response to Sassy Suzi

I have my digital photos organized by date on my computer. For printing my photos for today, and some other projects this is how I organize them

1. Selected the Photos that I want to print in Windows Live Photo Gallery using CTRL Click
2. Copied all of the selected photos and pasted them into a folder on my desktop
3. Opened the photos in photoshop elements and also opened templates for printing
4. Edited the photos if needed and then resized and cropped them into the templates
5. Saved them in a folder specific to the projects I am working on, and uploaded online to print.

Edited by nessa9116 on 05-04-13 10:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to nessa9116

I organize my photos by holidays or events and then by date. I store them in a plastic bin that fits under my bed. I made dividers that i wrote details about each holiday or event and placed them in front of each grouping of pictures. This has really got me in an organizing sort of mood! I think that i will also write out my thoughts on each group of photos so that i have some type of reference when i go to journal about it!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kels

I purchased mini albums earlier this week from Wal-Mart (about $3 -$9 each) which stores 100 photos. Today, I took 100 photos from my photo stash (photo boxes located in misc area of the house) in each and added a label with my label maker and labeled it with the event. I was on such a roll that I ended up doing about 6 mini albums.

I also organize my digital photos on a portable external hard drive by year and then I organize by the event. I have three additional folders labeled with my children's names and every year I add a folder and add any special events from that year (birthdays, school pictures, etc.). I try to set myself a time limit with the digital photos to upload with in a week of event.
Products Referenced in This Post:

dabnat
dabnat 
Expert
dabnat
In response to Rileysmom06

I organize my photos within my computer "picture tree". My tree has many branches: First the year, second the child, then event folders. In each event folder I first start off with a word document and type all my notes and memories and locations of any memorabilia I have saved from the event. Then I take all my photos edit them, then place them in the correct folder.

For this challenge I completed one of the boy's track meet memory cards from my to do box. There were 176 photos. Thank you for getting me motivated to do this.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to Meeka Ivey

Since I usually print too many pictures for an album, I took a new approach for a trip we made two years ago.

I copied all the digital pictures into a new map "to be printed". From my travel journal I decided what I want to scrap and for each subject I made a new map with the name of the subject.

In this map I have put all the pictures which were related to the subject and started deleting the ones I do not want to use.

After I finished I looked through the maps to see if there were too many pictures or not enough to make a good page. Along the way I came up with some new subjects.

Edited by elsje2 on 05-04-13 11:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

momn3 
New Kid On the Block
  • momn3 on 05-04-13 11:21 AM
In response to Kels

I had got a box from mikes awhile back so what a better time then now to ues it I went throw my pics and started with the months so I have 12 boxes I do project life so this is very helpful to me this way

~{Puppet}~
Queen
~{Puppet}~
In response to momn3

This challenge came at a good time. i haven't organized my photos in awhile. 90% of my pictures are stored on my computer. They are organized in files in categories (family, pets, holidays etc.) and by dates within those categories. Older photos that belonged to my mother are all in photo albums and some are just loose in boxes.

Jln328 
New Kid On the Block
In response to ~{Puppet}~

I really needed to organize my pictures from Australia. I have many photo boxes and just used one to put them in order of events. I made little dividers and labeled them by theme: food, foote, flowers, animals, museums, etc.

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics