Page 2 of 5 
Username Post: Get it Together ALL DAY Challenge (NSD 2013)        (Topic#1587727)
snoflake517
Veteran
snoflake517
In response to Jln328

I have tons of photos on my phone that I needed to organize. I make LOTS of folders on "My Pictures" folders. When I open up the folder, I have one folder for each year. Then in each of those folders, they are sorted by month or event, but mostly event-which has the dates (ie: Chicago Trip, April 2012). This makes it really easy for me to find pictures. Unless of course I can't remember which year I did something. Hahaha. I've been using this method for years and it seems to work.

For printed photos, I sort into boxes, each set of similar pictures are sorted into sandwich zip-lock bags so I can just grab and go. It works for me.

livelongvintage
Tenant
livelongvintage
In response to snoflake517

I've been adding to my SD card for the last year but haven't taken the time to organize the photos. So finally I've moved the photos from the SD card to my computer. I've created folders for each month, then a folder within each folder for each event.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Jln328

I had hundreds of photos on my cell phone that never had been downloaded from the last three years! I downloaded and sorted them either into a specific event/holiday photo, a seasonal folder for those that represented a season but not a specific holiday, and then into a person level file. I'm always looking for random photos and by separating them out of an event and into a folder per person I think it's going to help me a lot.

SusanScrapsALot
Tenant
SusanScrapsALot
In response to Kels

I organized my photos from a trip to Yellowstone and Devil's Tower in Wyoming and Pikes Peak in Colorado. I separated them out and boxed away about 400 photos that I will not be scrapping but wanted to save. Altogether, about 200 photos to scrap and/or put into my Project Life!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Jln328

I just organized over 250 digital photos from 2013 using my recently purchased "memory manager" software. I first sorted the photos into categories by placing them into named folders on my laptop (vacation, hiking, birthdays, etc). I then imported them into my software, tagging them and using facial recognition to further tag each photo.

alexia_teh
Resident
alexia_teh
In response to Kels

I usually organize my digital photos in the following hierarchies:

-Source of pictures (for example which camera by model number such as Nikon D200 or Sony S90), I have couple of cameras that I use to take pictures of, followed by:
-Category of Picture (such as 'Jon' for my son and 'Eva' for my daughter or 'layout' or 'card') then:
-Year
-Month
-Event/Date (such as Birthday, Scrapbook Challenge Name/Date, etc)

If needed, use a note/text file on the side to remind yourself some important thing to remember about the folder (such as "pictures transferred from X or Y computer, backup No. 2)

NonnasLove
Idol
NonnasLove
In response to thasbrouck

Like many others I download the photos from my SD card onto the computer. I then sort them according to event and date. I also have subfolders to sort according to families for these special events.

I then print the photos and store them in the Cropper Hopper Photo Cases. I have tried many systems and this by far is my favorite. I am able to label the individual photo cases and can easily find any event or person that I am looking for. I am amazed at how very little space I need for this system.

Thank you for the gentle nudge, as I now have my Mom's 90th birthday celebration all set and ready to go.

Cropper Hopper Photo Case

eodwife
New Kid On the Block
eodwife
In response to Jln328

This is a great challenge that I NEEDED to participate in. I finally plugged my phone up to my computer and transferred all the photos to my computer. I then made folders by event, like pics from the hospital when I had my daughter and then a folder for an event at my husband's work, etc. I also made a folder just for videos. Finally I deleted them all off my phone and now I have lots of free space again!!

Tenant
In response to Jln328

I usually print my pictures out at the end of each quarter. I go through my files and choose the photos I think I might want to scrapbook. Once I get them back from the printer I put them all in 3 up photo albums chronologically. I follow the library of memories system. Then, when I want to scrapbook I just open up one of my photo albums and browse the pictures I already have printed and see which ones jump out at me. This way, even if I don't scrapbook my photos, they are all in books and easy for my kids to pull out and look at...and I have less guilt about not having them scrapbooked.

This challenge came at a good time since I have 4th quarter of last year and 1st quarter of this year printed but not put in my albums yet - so that is what I did.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to scrappyali

Just a reminder - you're all remembering to go to the challenge, and hit join, right?

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?type=challen ge&ch...

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap
In response to eodwife

I keep all my pics in chronologically both physical & digital. But I had a large stack(over 100) of misc. pics.(mostly from other people) so I grouped them by event & put each pile on a sheet of chipboard & wrote a bit about them on a sticky note.(journaling & title ideas) Then stacked them up in an Iris case. Now the next step will be to match each set with papers & embellishments. It's basically like Creative Memories power LO's

miller.melissa.09
Expert
miller.melissa.09
In response to Jln328

I organize my physical photos by stamping the date on the back using StazOn ink and a general "date" stamp from an office supply store. Once the ink is dry, I sort the photos by date and place into small iris photo cases that are marked with the month and year on them. All of these small cases get stored in the bottom drawer of my craft dresser!

palominogirl
Tenant
palominogirl
In response to Jln328

I sort my printed photos in photo boxes with tabs by month. Some of the months have post its with the actual day because I do so much Project Life.
My computer is set up about the same I download my photos put them by year then the day they are taken.

scrapmomof4
Pro
scrapmomof4
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I have all my photos on the computer in files organized by month. I print my favorite photos and immediately put them in albums. I take the photos out of my albums that I want to scrap and I re-order them around two times a month.

Pre-digital are all in albums and the negatives are sortded by month in plastic storage boxes.

I am guessing since I am alrady organized I can't play along. Good luck ladies it feels great to have one aspect of my life organized, you will love it!!

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to Jln328

I organize my digital pics into broad folders based on event and date, and then individual day/dated sub-folders for multi-day events (like vacations, or holiday gatherings with family). Today I organized my Easter photos from a week with my family. Dating the daily sub-folders helps me with my journaling so I can keep track of what we did, when, who was there, etc.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Jln328

I have my photos sorted by year in photo boxes-each year is sorted into events-anything major gets its own section in the boxes. Today I sorted my photos more recently printed photos(closer to 200)from summer 2012 up to the most recent.

KittyKatz
New Kid On the Block
KittyKatz
In response to Kels

My and DH's Alaska vacation photos are now sorted and in page protectors organized by activity or the places we visited; this is for only the photos and memorabilia that I think I will actually use on each layout. The remaining photos and the negatives are now in Cropper Hopper photo envelopes; when I finish this album I will place any leftover photos in divided page protectors at the back of the album. The negatives will then go into negative sheets in a separate 3-ring notebook.

Expert
In response to txerica

When I get my prints I just keep them in the cheap paper envelope by month (or major event like a big trip or Christmas) until after I have scrapped that entire month. After I finish the month's envelope of photos I put the unscrapped ones into a photo box, again, by month.

Today I put away a couple of months worth of photos into the photo box and also wrote down the dates of a month's events on scrap paper to keep in the envelopes of the months I still need to do. I also had to make notes of what LOs I did for today's challenges since I went way out of order to do some of them! I didn't want to forget that I already did my son's V-day party to avoid doing a duplicate (and having to reorder photos because "I can't believe I didn't have more than one copy of that one..." been there, done that before!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to MrsAnnieS

I normally organize my digital photos on my computer in folders/photoshop elements. I tag them as well and I love that system.....

However, I have hundreds of old photos that I've pulled out of the old, sticky type albums (ones from my childhood/teen years and before I started scrapbooking).
I chose to take 100 of these photos and organize them in a basket, labelled and ready to scrapbook.

I love Kels system and I think I would like to buy an album and page protectors to use for all these old photos!

Photo organization By Kiyawinn

arlsmom
Tenant
arlsmom
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Your video was very helpful! I sat down and created folders by topic for this year. I then moved images from their current by date folders into the topic folders; eliminating the images that I knew I did not need to keep (still don't know why this is so hard to do). I then transferred the ones I wanted to print to a separate folder so I can look for another good online printing coupon and get them developed. thank you for the kick in the pants to get this done!

Page 2 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics