Page 4 of 5 
Username Post: Get it Together ALL DAY Challenge (NSD 2013)        (Topic#1587727)
rhereford214
Tenant
rhereford214
In response to Jln328

I use the Creative Memories Memory Manager program. I sort my digital photos by general categories in the Sort Boxes. I do my detailed sorting by creating additional Sort Boxes with Folders in each of the general category Sort Boxes. For example: Sort Box - "Family". Sort Box in Family Sort Box - "GBs". Folders in the GBs Sort Box in the Family Sort Box - "each grandchild's name". I can be as detailed as I choose, creating folders for specific events for each person, holiday, etc. Today I sorted 178 photos from my last three book club meetings, my granddaughter's first haircut, and a weekend at the park with my grandbabies.

scalvert2542
Expert
scalvert2542
In response to Jln328

I have been very behind on organizing and printing photos. So today I uploaded all the photos I need to print to a file on my computer. In that file I sorted them into sub folders and prioritized the folders by which ones I need to print first.

jenny2003
Idol
jenny2003
In response to Jln328

New photos are stored on my computer using Photoshop elements. They are uploaded into folders by date. I then use the keyword tags to mark photos by subject, ie. Vancouver trip 2013, then I break it down by activity, ie Capilano Park, fun with Norman, etc. I also tag individual people by name so I can easily find pictures of people if necessary. Older photos are stored in 3 up binders in chronological order until I'm ready to scrap them.

Kit Scrapo
Pro
Kit Scrapo
In response to Jln328

I'm working on getting my grandma's pictures organized. I mostly organized by who was in the picture. I separated them by each of my mother's siblings. I am putting them in basic photo boxes. Now that I have them organized, I am going to scan each one so that I have a digital copy to use in scrapbooking and I will be giving the originals to each of my mother's brother and sisters.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Jln328

Today I printed 113 photos spanning 4 months. These were the good photos I want to use for my next crop. I sorted chronologically and added information about each event. Events included the Polar Express, Christmas, birth of our son, Easter and our son's baptism to name a few;)

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Jln328

I keep my printed photos in photo boxes, by year. Inside the boxes, the pics are sorted into dated envelopes...by roll for those that are printed from film and by month for those printed from digital.

I had 158 pics printed at WM this week to have on hand for today, so I sorted those and put them away.

Tenant
In response to Jln328

I organize my digital photos into 3 folders per year on a drive on my personal computer. They are labeled for this year ~ jan-apr 2013, May-Aug 2013, Sept-Dec 2013. They I will sort them into months in each of these folders. I organize my printed photos in photo boxes the same way, but take out my project life photos from the ones I'm going to do regular 12x12 layout pages of. I just got a photo order from snapfish for 300+ photos and I sorted them for my project life albums week and put the rest in order to do regular pages as mentioned above. This works really well for me this year.

Edited by scrapbooker1030 on 05-04-13 07:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapcountess
Tenant
scrapcountess
In response to Jln328

I did this for the first time at last year's NSD challenge and I swore I was going to keep it up. Needless to say, I had a little work to do to get everything in order again.

1. I have 8 folders in my pictures folder. They are labeled, Mom, Dad, Aly, Vinny, trips, Holidays, Misc. and Blog.

2. Inside each of those folders, I have Them further broken down. Friends, holidays, family.

3. I will duplicate pictures and put them in several folders. I know that this takes more memory, but when I go to print them out, I don't have to search several folders for the pictures I want to go together. That work is already done.

4. The advantage to this method also, is that When I print them out, they are already in the order i want to scrap them too.

I promise this year I will stay organized. LOL!!

cutepumpkin
Tenant
cutepumpkin
In response to Jln328

I have so many photos. I order them every month or 2. Today, I organized them by date they were taken. I have a program on my laptop that shows me when they are taken. Before I organized them, I kept them in their packaging from the store and I kept those in order of purchase. I would flip through them and find what I wanted to scrap. I'm not a chronological scrapper. I scrap whatever picture, I find inspiring, so having an open box works best for me.

I do love hearing about everyone's photo system. It seems we all have our own plans for the most part.

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 05-04-13 07:57 PM
In response to Jln328

Mine is pretty simple but it works for me. When I print my pics, I sort by event (all Christmas, all corn maze, etc), then cull any that aren't scrap worthy. Then I just alternate vertically and horizontally - I have a corner of my desk where they sit and I just work my way through each event

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to Jln328

I organized my granddaughters Easter pictures and Birthday pictures I had recently done. I keep them in photo cases, and they came with boxes (small and large. For my 5x7 photos, I keep them in a large binder in sleeves till I am ready to use them.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Jln328

Around the holidays, I bought seven photo boxes from Micheal's that were on sale for 7/$10. Two years ago, I sorted my pictures into gallon bags by sister, niece, or nephew and my daughter, my mom's side of the family, dad's side, etc. I had hoped to start scrapping it all. I have a ton of pictures and over the past two years, I've made a mess of those bags. So, first I used the boxes to sort out all my scrappy stuff by color and by type of item so I can get organized know what I have.

I'm one of seven siblings and two of my sisters never had kids. I don't have many pics of them left to scrap, so they're in a box with my parents and relatives. The rest of the boxes, are broken down into each sibling and their families.

Now I have to go threw my doubles...

jenniferscrapsalot
New Kid On the Block
jenniferscrapsalot
In response to Kels

I took my over 200 photos of my first sons communion, and organized them into photos i will scrap, photos i will use in project life, photos i will put in albums, and photos i will store away

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to arlsmom

With my old family photos that I have scanned on to my pc I have them in a folder then I have sub folders that breaks it down to each family member or event.

With photo that I have printed ready to scrap I went and brought cheap photo albums and sorted them by person and I have tired to stick them in order of age.

cdpeck 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Kels

My girls have had ballet recital rehearsals and performances all week this year. I have taken almost 350 pictures of them and their friends on stage. I spent much of my time today sorting, editing, and ranking those photos to know which I want to print and scrap with later.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-04-13 09:14 PM
In response to Jln328

I hadn't organized any of my 2013 photos yet. Most of them were still in folders called DCIM2, DCIM3, etc from just moving them off my camera card. So I went through and organized them by date and event. 378 photos I have a folder called Photos, then subfolders for each year, and then a folder for each event. Example:
Folders --> 2013 --> 03-03-2013 - Duck Pond

When I am ready to print them, I'll go through each folder and create a "To Print" subfolder with just the ones I want printed. I know I probably should delete the ones that are blurry or whatever but I just can't bring myself to do that quite yet.

Lishy
Lishy 
Expert
Lishy
  • Lishy on 05-04-13 09:15 PM
In response to cdpeck

To organize my photos, first I separate the photos in to piles for different years and events. I then label dividers with the dates and events of the photos. Then I put them in a photo box in chronological order of the date.

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly
In response to Lishy

I love this challenge, I look forward to it cuz I am very bad and never keep up on organizing my photos but this gives me the opportunity to get some done (now to just keep working on it throughout the year)

I sort mine out on the computer by child if they are just of a specific person if not I go by event, sometimes it is hard to decide which folder to put them in for printed pictures I put them in a box by person I have them labeled with each name then I have one that says each family so it is my side of the family they will all go together then I have events for the ones that are special events like vacations, hope this all makes sense

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to scrappinlilly

I organize all my photos on my computer. I don't print them until I'm ready to scrap them. I have a folder for each year, and inside that, I have one for each month. In the monthly photos each "event" gets it's own photo with a name and date. I put all the photos in there, and the ones I've edited and want to scrap are at the top of the folder.

Then when i want to scrap, I just print whatever I'm in the mood for!

nado
nado 
Diva
nado
  • nado on 05-06-13 05:30 AM
In response to amancuso

I uploaded my photos on Saturday and explained in the photo, but not here! Am I still eligible? I filed my photos in a file box by date. I had photos from the last 8 years without dates on some! Took awhile. Thanks!

Page 4 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics