Username Post: Samsung vs. iphone        (Topic#1587783)
Resident

I'm due for an upgrade and am looking at these two phones. I wanted to see if anyone had any input. I like the features of the Samsung (really cool camera), but I also like the support/durability of the iphone.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to DolphinGirl09

My husband has both (one for work and one personal)and he prefers the Samsung, but I think that's just cos he hates Apple in general. I lovemy iphone and have used his Samsung which is good but not as easy as the Iphone. I think whatever one you start with, will be the one you like best Sorry I'm not much more help

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to SuperAllyFan

i read some reviews recently because i am due for an upgrade soon. Samsung Galaxy is supposed to be better.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-04-13 04:50 PM
In response to Rileysmom06

My BIL switched from Samsung to iphone a while ago. DH and I are getting new phones soon and will get the iphone - we prefer the native itunes support (we have a ton of music and rarely listen to the radio or any of the streaming services), and I like how well it meshes with my ipad. I think it partly depends on what you need and want from a smartphone.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to stick

IPhone all the way, LOVE LOVE mine. Easy to use, apps load quicker, touch screen is more effective, and my tech guy said he RARELY sees them come in for service like the Androids do.

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to ScrappyMama6

Iphone all the way I love the versatiltiy of the iphone and what I can do with it. I also like that it works well with my Ipad I can sync the Phone and that information will appear on my ipad when I need it to. I went from the Samsung Galaxy 2 to the iphone.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to Als_Gal

Another vote for iPhone here, I love it

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to redheadgirl

Before I got my new phone, I did some research. Search the two phones in youtube and you will find dozens of comparison reviews; some of them get very technical. That should help you figure out what is best for you. I initally wanted the iPhone, but got the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and love it!

P.S. Samsung is outselling iPhone.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to t-scraps

I have had several iphones and they were good but I hate safari, I went with the samsung Gallaxy 3 this time and I'm in love. Screen is much much bigger than iphone, if you are an amazon memeber you have the cloud which I use to death and the camera is as good as most digital camera's on the market. I sometimes get even better pictures because my phone is always with me.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Sneezy1956

A year ago when I was upgrading my phone, I trawled around the stores and kept getting accosted at the door by the Samsung Galaxy salespeople. I got so fed up with it that I decided I wasn't going to get a Galaxy if it was the best phone on earth by miles! I know, it was completely illogical, but aggressive salespeople put me right off.

Anyway, I went with the iPhone 4S and absolutely LOVE it. DH has recently got the iPhone 5 and absolutely loves his.

The cameras are both superior to my 6-year-old compact digital camera which we found quite scary. iPhone also uses the Cloud. Oh and Jane, I'm not a huge Safari fan either, so I use Firefox on my MacBook Pro and the free Google app on my iPhone. Problem solved.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to RedSquirrel

DH loves his samsung. there is a lot more personalization you can do with it and more apps available.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to Lamoo12

So what phone did you get?

caliscrapper
Expert
caliscrapper
In response to redheadgirl

I vote iphone. I love it. The camera is better on the samsung phones but I like the durability of the iphone better...its got a bit more weight to it which I like as well.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to caliscrapper

I'm just lurking here... suffering from "smart phone envy". I've promised myself that if things ever get better with the economy, and I actually see something resembling a raise, I'll splurge... probably on a Samsung.

I'm a bit of an Amazombie, and because I have an old Android tablet, I've been collecting lots of Amazon's daily free Android apps. I've already got a huge collection of apps, so it would be hard to justify an iPhone. (And I don't have anything else Apple to make it worth it.) But I must confess that I don't think I've heard of anyone being disappointed with an iPhone.

Guru
In response to bashfulscrapper

iPhone all the way! We have the galaxy...stay away from them! My DH got an iPhone for work and much better overall! Our galaxy's like to turn off at random times and you have to pop off the back and take the batteries out to restart them. This is an apparent Samsung defect that they never fixed as I have heard the same thing from multiple owners and have read that too. They suck the life out of the battery even when not in use. My hubby will fully charge the battery overnight, hardly use it, has full service, and the battery will be dead by lunch time. I do not recommend a Samsung.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ihacodb

Bill and I both have iPhones. We are happy with them. I don't use all the features but what I do use, I like.

Bill loves his but wants to trade up to a Samsung Galaxy Note. His brother is also trading to a Samsung Galaxy Note.

That will suit Bill's needs much more than the IPhone does but I'll stick with the iPhone.

A lot of Bill's friends have the Galaxy note and just talk constantly how happy they are that they went from Iphone to note.

I hate Safari and am not that fond of apple products but my Iphone is okay. Bill wants something bigger than the Iphone but doesn't want to carry a table around and wants his portable computer and phone in one device.

He is drooling over the galaxy note. But he will wait until his iPhone contract is up though. Probably another year.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Henri Jean

Got my iPhone two week ago: awesome, awesome! I'm obsessed with words with friends. Hee hee

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

Bill got his Samsung Galaxy note a few days ago and is in love with it. I didn't think he would ever give up his iPhone but the note really does do a lot more and I'm very jealous of his bigger screen. You can actually see things!

His brother saw it and loved it and got one today.

However, I'm not ready to give up my iPhone - too many features I enjoy but I really am lusting after that bigger screen.

The place we bought Bill's sells Iphones and the Galaxy notes. They seem to be comparably priced, at least in that store and the Galaxy's are way outselling the iPhones.

When I asked why he said that people are just moving towards the bigger screen size.

Everyone in the store has the Galaxy now except for one person who still has an iPhone.

But, I know how to use my iPhone, everything is set like I like it and I don't want to have to learn a new device although I really do like the Galaxy better.

On the plus side - reasons for keeping my iPhone - I like the Scrap app (Scrapstash) and Wurdle is better on the iPHone. Bill does not like the android version of Wurdle.

Also, he is a big fan of "Track Your Friends" and I am not. I am not going to track my kids, even if they say I can - they are adults! Track Your Friends does not work on the android and he is missing that app.

He checks many times every day to see where is adult daughter is and where his brother and nephew are and where my youngest son is (he's 36 years old). My oldest has told him that he did not want to be tracked - his wife tracks him enough without an app!

He has asked me to put it on my iPhone and I don't want it. There is no one I have any interest in tracking.

But I prefer the way my iPhone works and the size of the Galaxy screen. Can't have both unless Samsung and Apple merge - doubt that would happen.

My world would be perfect if IPhone would just make a large phone with a large screen. Then I would be loyal for life!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics