Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: ~*~May Monochrome Challenge~*~        (Topic#1587829)
GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

See Forum Discussion for Details. Join here and make sure to add your name in the forum as well, so we'll all know you're here!

Join Challenge Here: ~*~May Monochrome Challenge~*~

Here are the basics of how MONOCHROME works.

1. Monochrome means "of one color." Each week has a color which you are to create a layout around. Aside from the listed neutral palette, this is the only color tone allowed in your layout.

2. It must be obvious that your intention is to create a one color layout, so the only "color" of your layout must be the weekly color and it's corresponding darker and lighter tones and shades. Any other colors must come from the neutrals palette.

NEUTRAL COLOR PALETTE TONES are : white, cream, beige, tan, brown, khaki, olive, black, gray, and navy. These are the colors that my mother always told me "go with everything."

*****Layouts using colors other than the color of the week and the neutral palette are not considered monochrome and will not be included for the voting. Make SURE your layout conforms to the specs for this particular challenge!

3. Twists are added for your amusement and to help you push your project to the next level. If you complete the twist, your page gets an extra vote at the end of the month.

4. The challenge weeks can be completed in any order, and you are not required to complete all four weeks. This is a challenge by choice - do one, two, three, or all four weeks. Do them in whatever order you want. And if you decide that you want to complete ALL the month's layouts in one week that is perfectly fine. Whatever works for you!

5. No sign-up required. Just jump in and have fun whenever you're ready!

I am not the comment police. I know we all get busy and get behind. But we all like to get comments on our projects, so do your best to give love when you get love.

7. Layouts must be new as of the first of each month and are DUE no later than midnight SB.com time the last day of the month.

8. Random.org decides the winners. There's no voting pressure, just pure fun!

READY? Then let's go! Have Fun!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GentlewoodFarms

May - the month that isn't summer, but wants to be. The trees are in full leaf, the grass needs mowing, the first fledges begin leaving the nests, and the afternoon sunshine is warm to the skin and to the heart.

May - the month when those of Mexican heritage celebrate with a day long celebration on the 5th of the month. Happy Cinco de Mayo month!

May - the month we set aside to honor our mothers, the wisdom and advice, love and nurturing, and stories and traditions that they have passed down to us and entrusted us to keep.

May - the month that school lets out and the days of summer spread out before us in one long uninterrupted string of days to be filled with fun and friends.

May - the month that we remember the people of our past - the places that we came from - the stories that those we love left behind them when they passed from this world to the next.

May - full of moments, and each moment a memory in the making.

The colors for May are the colors of happiness and memories, colors that suggest reminiscing and reflecting over days gone by and days yet to come. Colors that are as unique as the month of May herself.

Enjoy these, and make sure to spend some time on your porch watching the world go by.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Color 1 - Chili Pepper

Inspirational Quote - Cinco de Mayo makes me long for a world in which all holidays are conveniently named after the dates on which they fall. ~Unknown~
Twist - Fiesta!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Color 2 - Mother's Love

Inspirational Quote - "A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary." ~Dorothy Canfield Fisher
Twist - Things My Mother Never Told Me

1. A note to my mom! By DreaSlee

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Color 3 - Summer Lawn

Inspirational Quote - "Live, love and eat!" ~Wolfgang Puck
Twist - Living The Good Life

1. Athabasca Falls By Beck_bear

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Color 4 - Neutrals Only!
Inspiration Quote - "Family stories make the most valuable heirlooms."~Unknown
Twist - Heirloom

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3

Gonna give this a try.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to lindaj3

Hi Pat! I just added color 2 with the twist.

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to DreaSlee

here is mine for summer lawn with the twist of the good life (our first family road trip):

Athabasca Falls By Beck_bear

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to beck_bear

acu

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to lindaj3

Front posts are updated. Lovely projects, girls.

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama

my entry for color 2

Before and After Braces By Msmama

Edited by msmama on 05-07-13 04:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to msmama

acu

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to lindaj3

I'm in

Bubblegirl
Queen