Username Post: Callenges/help!        (Topic#1587881)
bonprof
Idol
bonprof

I will be off this summer, and I thought it would be fun to enter some challenges. But I don't know where to begin. I see there are daily and monthly challenges. Where should I begin...????

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to bonprof

See up the top where it says Gallery? Hover over that and you'll see Challenges. Click on that and you'll get lists of all the challenges; popular, new, closed/completed, and My Challenges. Some have prizes, some don't - it shows on the top right side of each. You enter by clicking Join Challenge, then that challenge will show in My Challenges. It's cool!

(By the way, I noticed that when I keep typing "challenges" over and over again, my fingers start spelling it in all kinds of crazy ways... )

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to bonprof

Most (if not all) of the challenges are open (unless otherwise stated)...In which case, it'll be stated within the title. (Open, Closed, Full).

If you're still not sure, you can always pm the hostess or just ask if the challenge is still open by posting a new post for each challenge that you would like to join.

As far as themes, one thing you may quickly find is that joining 1 challenge is never enough. I tend to range 5-10 challenges every month, but try and keep it realistic & usually commit to & also host about 5 on average.

I would consider what types of challenge themes might be your most favorite themes or topics. There are ones based on color...season...girls/boys...pets...heritage...photo size...ABC (supplies, colors & themes)...etc, etc!

Be sure to check out each of the descriptions, dive in, introduce yourself to each group & have fun!!

Hope that helps!

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to KellyCali

Thank you for the information. Dumb question: where do I upload my layouts for the challenges, and how do I post a layout to the forum? I am not very good with computers as you can tell.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to bonprof

Not dumb at all. It's recently changed so we're all still learning.

You upload to your Gallery. If you have joined a challenge, you will see the option to check that challenge in the bottom right corner of the upload page. Check that, and it will link your upload to the challenge.

Make sure you have Allow Public Embedding enabled.

To show your LO in a thread, once you've submitted your image and it has appeared in your Gallery, go back to it and on the right side you'll see Link and Embed Image.

Click that and you'll get a new window pop up in the middle of your screen. Make sure you check the IMG button (NOT HTML) and then copy the code that appears underneath it.

Post that code into the forum thread, and everyone will be able to see your LO, and clicking on it will take them to it so that they can leave comments.

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to RedSquirrel

Thank so much!!!

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to bonprof

Thank you Red Squirrel. I didn't know how to get to the listing of them either. I could do a long way around but appreciate knowing the shortcut.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to KatieJo

Not everyone has moved over to the new challenge section.
You will find more challenges in the drop down box under "forums", then Challenge discussions.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to bonprof

Look at the list & see what sounds like fun or pics you want to do. Heritage is one I have. It is pics 1960s & before. There are tons. The pages move fast so keep checking the first few pages to see everything.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics