Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Hobby Lobby - Worth Checking Out?        (Topic#1587915)
joshuaminh426
Veteran
joshuaminh426

I had never heard of this store until today. There's one not too far from me. But is it worth driving the 30 minutes to this store or should I stick with Jo-Anne's and Michaels?

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to joshuaminh426

I drive 120 miles one way to my nearest HobLob. LOL Worth taking one trip to see if you like their stuff!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to gin1902

It is ALWAYS worth the trip for me...a 45 min ride one way. They give coupons, like m's n j's, and carry a lot of the same major stuff, but in my opinion...a much larger selection of everything, and many more product n manufacturer lines than I find in the other 2. I find better paper n cardstock there than even m's, which is pretty good where i am. Shop with confidence!!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Juansmom

I like stopping at HL whenever I'm near one. I seem to like it more than M's or J's but that could be because it is different. They carry a lot of product and have good deals on different things. 30 min isn't too bad so I'd agree, definitely worth at least one trip just to check it out.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to MrsAnnieS

Will they have anything fantastic? That probably depends on what you like, or what kind of scrapper and shopper you are, but they certainly have stuff that is different then what the other stores carry. I drive an hour each way to the only HL anywhere near me a few times a year. I always look forward to it, and I'm always happy afterwards.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to MrsAnnieS

I love HL! I have M's, J's, ACM, Tuesday Morning, and Big Lots near me. However, I'll drive the 20-25 minutes to HL on occasion. They have a different selection than the other stores, plus they have fun stuff outside of the realm of paper crafting. They've got household decorations, frames, art, etc. The two within 25 minutes of me are pretty big, much bigger than the other stores. They also have products not offered at M's and other stores. For example, I have found Graphic 45 paper packs. Sign up for their email flyer and go when something you want is on sale.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to siameseplease

Definitely go to their website before making the trip and print the coupon. I think HL is much better than Michael's but not as good as A C Moore.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to crichards1

Definitely go to HL, in my opinion it is far better than Michael's, and comparable to Joann's but with different stuff. if you have a smart phone, you can get the coupon on your phone, don't even have to print it out.
Now my question is: where in the world do you people live that a 30 minute drive is "long"? That's just around the corner in my world.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to chocolateaxel

Yes. Yes & Yes.

I love Hobby Lobby & in the days of old would even drive to other states just to get to one (prior to them not being in California).

Thankfully, I don't have to do that anymore. In addition, let me just say that I never-ever walk out of there empty-handed.

Go just once & you too just might get instantly hooked!

p.s. Please note: They are closed on Sundays.

joshuaminh426
Veteran
joshuaminh426

I live in Fremont, CA which is basically the east side of the San Francisco Bay. With traffic & all of the highway construction going on right now all over this area and even though Mapquest is saying it's only 30 minutes away, a trip can turn into a very long drive.

I'm still going to check it out on Sat.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Go for it! Hobby Lobby is so much better than JoAnn's. It's a hair better than my Michael's, but that is just because (thankfully) M's has been stepping up their game. HL used to blow them away too! I have all three stores within 10 miles of me. I NEVER go to J's, it just pales in comparison, period.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• joshuaminh426 Said:
I had never heard of this store until today. There's one not too far from me. But is it worth driving the 30 minutes to this store or should I stick with Jo-Anne's and Michaels?

Since Hobbly Lobby opened here over a year ago, I never go to Michaels or JoAnns anymore. Have not been there but once for Christmas stuff, in well over a year......I Love Hobby Lobby for more than just scrapbook stuff, but I do buy most of my stuff there or here and on line sometimes.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• chocolateaxel Said:
Definitely go to HL, in my opinion it is far better than Michael's, and comparable to Joann's but with different stuff. if you have a smart phone, you can get the coupon on your phone, don't even have to print it out.
Now my question is: where in the world do you people live that a 30 minute drive is "long"? That's just around the corner in my world.

Hahhahaha....thanks for the chuckle of my day.....Me TOO!!!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 05-08-13 01:31 PM
In response to memex9

Echo, echo, echo....pretty much everyone here!!

GO GO GO!!!

I was beside myself with joy when one opened up here.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to gin1902

Definitely GO! They have a line of scrapbooking supplies and papers "The Paper Studio" that you will not find at JoAnn's. Also, check out their large clearance area for good stuff too.

We R Memories papers/kits
Authentique
Graphic 45 (some)
Bo Bunny
Pink Paisley kits
My Minds Eye papers

A lot you will not find at JoAnn or Michaels.

Be sure to take a 40% coupon when you go. They have a lot of sales but I always take a coupon in case I want to buy something that is not on sale yet. I get it from their website.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to CrimsonMama

I drive an hour to HL all the time! It's just awesome. Best place to get home decor too. Always a 40% off coupon on their website. Pull up phone.

Veteran
In response to SherylEb

I would go if there was one near me.It has alot of different things than the other stores.It is worth checking out.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to SHARON ELISE

HELL YAAH!!! Take a few coupons and a few friends (or a few changes of clothes so you can go back in... ) and look around, its freaking amazing. LOVE, LOVE mine!!!!

You can also get the iPhone app on your phone with a coupon code right there too.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to ScrappyMama6

This week ALL paper is 50% off without a coupon, I was there yesterday and bought 3 packs with an Easter GC that was burning a hole in my pocket!!!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to ScrappyMama6

I need to start tracking their paper sales so that I can plan my mom's appts for when I can be pretty sure paper will be on sale.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics