Username Post: Think outside the box        (Topic#1587985)
pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Hello

I haven't been able to play on this site for while, but when I need ideas, I know where to come for some great suggestions.

I am part of a card making club where every month we have a theme and make cards of that theme to exchange with each other. Well in July we have a "Think outside the box - anything but a card" exchange. Last year, the ladies made some fabulous things from table runners, pin cushions, notebook holder (the talented ladies who know how to sew), chicken seasoning with rosemary/basil infused oil, shower scrubs, calendar to add pics and a stamped pad of paper. I made altered altoid tins, personalized for each member with their favorite colors.

Here is where I need help - I have NO idea what to make this year. Please help - if you have any ideas of things that you would like to receive, that are crafty, that aren't too expensive (making for 11)and that aren't sewn.

Ready, set, go.... (thanks in advance)

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to pugs223

It might seem more Christmas-y, but what about the glitter glass ball ornaments?

(The first time I left them plain, but the second year I made them, I frilled them up with scraps of ribbon from my stash.)

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to pugs223

Bookmarks are always handy...you could make a set of them...
Sachets for your lingerie drawer.....
Fridge magnets (just use some of the magnet sheets and some pretty patterned paper)
A small framed magnet board...
A jewellery piece, like a pendant.....
A coffee cup sleeve (the ones that protect your fingers from the hot coffee, but personalized).....

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-10-13 06:53 PM
In response to kiyawinn

Hi, Peg!! Wow, what a creative bunch you run with

Bookmarks, definitely, I'm always looking for one.

Homemade vanilla if you have a bunch of bakers (basically good vodka and vanilla beans).

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pugs223

OH Peg, I really really missed you. I was thinking about you yesterday.

I would go to Pinterest. Do a search for handmade gifts. There are thousands of ideas there. Most have instructions too.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to anda11

Thanks for some great ideas ladies! I have been spending a lot of time on pinterest and the gallery here. So many great ideas out there.

I haven't found any examples but what keeps coming to mind is decorating a cardboard six pack holder to use as a scrap caddy, then maybe add some decorated clips and maybe I could magnetize it...

Thoughts? Would you like to receive something like that?

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Hi Linda! Thanks for thinking about me. Miss you too.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics