Username Post: Sizzix Texture Boutique        (Topic#1587991)
New Kid On the Block

I just purchased a Sizzix Texture Boutique the other day and I already love it! However, I can't seem to find embossing pads & shim to accommodate 12" x 2 1/2" embossing folders. Does anyone have any suggestions?
(I checked the Sizzix website and found nothing, so I emailed them to see if I just missed it...or if they currently don't have these products, whether or not they will be coming out with them.
Thanks!
Paula

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to p_zaitz

They do make 13" cutting pads for use with decorative strips, but I don't actually know whether you'd need something different for the Texture Boutique since I think that has a thinner opening than the Sidekick (since you can't cut in it)...

Hm, actually, those might work! The specs on the Sizzix website list the thickness of both the embossing pads AND the cutting pads at 1/8". They're made of different types of plastic and I don't know if that'll matter, but it might be worth a shot!

New Kid On the Block
In response to aquabunny

Awesome! Thank you SO much!

New Kid On the Block
In response to p_zaitz

Sizzix has decorative strip cutting pads and spacer platform...does anyone know if these can be used in the Texture Boutique?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to p_zaitz

The descriptions indicate which machines these can be used for, and Texture Boutique is not on the list. I would get confirmation from someone before buying these.

I've never found 12 x 2.5 embossing folders. Who makes them?

New Kid On the Block
In response to Luvmyfam

I got one last night at AC Moore - made by Darice. =)

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to p_zaitz

Thanks. I would love to be able to do embossed borders.

Would the people at AC Moore or the Darice website know what you can use?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Luvmyfam

The spacer platform will not work - that's used in conjunction with the cutting pads for using long dies in the Big Shot/Big Kick/Vagabond (because they have a much wider opening). The cutting pads don't say, even on Sizzix's website, whether they're compatible with the Texture Boutique as a substitute for the embossing pads, but I would guess they might be. One question - are the standard pads that came with the Texture Boutique very hard or a bit floppy? If they're hard, I don't see any problem with subbing the long cutting pads in (per conversation with engineer husband).

New Kid On the Block
In response to Luvmyfam

I emailed Sizzix, so we'll see!

New Kid On the Block
In response to aquabunny

Aquabunny,
The Boutique comes with hard cutting pads and a firm shim (for deeper embossing). If I can find the 13" cutting pad locally, I'm going to try it. Thank you (and your hubby!)!

Edited by p_zaitz on 05-11-13 11:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to p_zaitz

Any update on this? I found a Darice long embossing folder this weekend. I didn't buy it, but I was tempted! I wanted to see if the 13" cutting pad works first.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Luvmyfam

Hello!
I heard back from Sizzix and they said their other products would not work in the Texture Boutique because they are too wide...but that they would pass the suggestion on to their product development peeps.
What I ended up doing was putting my border paper into the folder, then putting the embossing pads & shim on one end...running it through...then shifting the embossing pads & shim to the other end and running it through again. Worked great!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to p_zaitz

What? How are the extended cutting pads I'm thinking of - the ones originally designed for the Sidekick - a machine with a MUCH narrower opening than the Texture Boutique - how can those be too wide for it? I don't see how they can be too thick either; their own website lists both sets of plates a 1/8"...

I don't know, maybe they've forgotten the Sidekick existed...

New Kid On the Block
In response to aquabunny

Yeah...I wondered. But since I have never used a Sidekick, I couldn't make any comparison. I tried to look for the cutting pads you mentioned at our local Hobby Lobby and didn't see any, so I'll check back again. At least I figured out how to do the borders anyway in the meantime! =)

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to p_zaitz

I'm glad you found a workaround!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to aquabunny

Way to make do with what you have!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics