Username Post: circle cutters        (Topic#1587997)
ckair 
Resident
  • ckair on 05-11-13 06:17 AM

I am sure a review of circle cutters is on the website somewhere, can someone help? I have the one with the little triangle like holes, but it has not been working out so well. Can anyone direct me in the right direction? THanks as always!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to ckair

There is a search feature on the left side of the strip where the "Welcome, Ckair" is. Search for "cirle" and I'm sure you will come up with something. I know there have been several threads in the past.

I'm not familiar with triangle like holes, but I have the Fiskars ultrashape express and I love it. The trick to getting it to work correctly is to hold the cutting tool like a computer mouse and to have the template right-side-up (the Fiskars name should NOT be upside down).

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to Luvmyfam

Sounds like you might have the Circle Scissor Pro (which is the one I have). If you do, it works best with a glass mat. You need to insert the cutter in the hole that corresponds to the size you want, twist the cutter so the blade is exposed, press down on the paper and follow the circle all the way around. I've also found it helpful to add a little removable adhesive to the center of the circle before I start cutting. There are other EK Success cutters with similar triangular openings, so hopefully this suggestion will give you some positive results even if your tool is not exactly the same as mine...
Products Referenced in This Post:

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to ckair

Creative Memories has a wonderful circle cutter. It's a whole system that cuts many different size holes. It's called a Custom Cutting System. You would purchase the mat and blades as a set. Then you purchase the circles and/or ovals separately. This is a great system. I've had mine for close to ten years. You can either purchase from their website or contact a Creative Memories consultant in your area. You can find one on their website.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to crichards1

I really like the Creative Memories one too. I too have had my system for years and find it very easy to use.

I've tried the Fiskars one and not been nearly as happy. I just can't seem to get the hang of it. I've not tried any others.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to ckair

I've had several circle cutters over the years, but the one I keep going back to its my coluzzle.
Coluzzle Starter Kit (Discontinued)

New Kid On the Block
In response to ckair

Hands down the best: EK Success Circle Scissor Pro.

I have a 'Self Healing' cutting mat I put under it. I made two BIG photo albums of my mom & sisters when my mom died. I cut tons of double and triple mats from cardstock, scrapbook paper, and even cut photos into circles with the EK. I have NOT had to change the blade & just made a card & it's still sharp as a fine knife. It's fantastic.

A long time ago I bought the Creative Memories circles. Now that I bought the EK there's no comparison really. You'll save lots of time and frustration if you buy this EK system and you'll be zipping out circles like nobody's business & having tons more fun being creative!

Edited by restorationgirl on 06-23-13 09:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics