Username Post: Vellum Adhesive        (Topic#1588013)
crichards1
Veteran
crichards1

Does vellum adhesive work on acetate, too? I'm needing something for acetate that won't show through. I'm looking at the Scotch Vellum Adhesive since it gets such good reviews. It doesn't mention acetate though. What do you all use and suggest? Thanks.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to crichards1

Since you haven't gotten a response to this question, I thought I'd throw out my two cents' worth.

I'm sure it would stick, but it probably will show through.

I am honestly not very impressed with the Scotch vellum adhesive. It DOES show through. It's typically less noticeable than regular adhesive runner, but it's not perfect. Some types of vellum, it works very well on, others not so much.

The best type of vellum adhesive, in my opinion, is either some sort of hard fastener (brad, eyelet, staple), or an all-over adhesive (spray adhesive, Xyron machine). Using an adhesive that covers the entire piece will change the appearance and usually make it look slightly darker, but... it's consistent over the whole piece, rather than seeing little bits of adhesive.

If you have acetate that's printed, you may have good luck using the vellum adhesive under places that have printing or designs. Or cover where the adhesive is with some kind of embellishment.

Good luck!

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to Bxr-Linda

Thank you very much for replying Linda. What I ended up doing was using a Glue Dot under a part of the acetate that had a design. I just rolled it up small enough to put under the design, and that worked just fine. If this were something I was going to use often I would probably need to come up with a different solution.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics